• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Pierce Interview

marco102

1 minute ago, hazer said:

...and Huerter is straight up the shiz. 

Coming from the man who coached young Lebron, Steph, Joel, and Trae, I’mo take his word for it and get all eggcited for The Huert making a big 2nd year jump 👏🏽 

• Like 2

Running Trae, Kev, and Cam out there at the same time gives you 3 shooters all capable of handling the ball and distributing. That’s going to pretty hard to defend 💫

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Way more interesting than boring Bud, who gave the standard evasive non answers to every question. So glad he's gone.

Seems odd to me to not want a given coach because of how good an interview he gives.

Nah. Pierce is proving to be a good choice, but he's somewhere behind Bud still. Pierce is right for us right now. He may or may not be right for us when we get to a place where we're expected to compete for the holy grail.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Seems odd to me to not want a given coach because of how good an interview he gives.

Nah. Pierce is proving to be a good choice, but he's somewhere behind Bud still. Pierce is right for us right now. He may or may not be right for us when we get to a place where we're expected to compete for the holy grail.

It's more the poor job he did as GM that I begrudge him.

• Premium Member

Seemed he was holding back a bit when asked about the reasonableness--given his previous answer about what might still be missing on the roster--of obtaining a player with some championship history.

Will be watching to see if Pau Gasol or Andrew Bogut sign somewhere in the next few days. Especially suspicious, of course, that Bogut could be on Schlenk's radar for somewhat obvious GSW history reasons.

17 minutes ago, sturt said:

newsc0236560d7d479ca031454e2d0e6613d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I ALWAYS come away from his interviews highly impressed and more excited about the team. Even when he's reserved on occasion, his comments just seem to exude enthusiasm and excitement for the team and future. Love it.

Also, sorry @hazer but I'm not seeing the trade for Embiid deal. Philly would want a king's ransom and I'm not sure TS will ever be willing to go that route. The only exception to that I see is if he demands a trade and gives Philly little opportunity to get a big return. More likely though, Joel would have to get frustrated with not winning in the playoffs and decide to walk away and come join LP on his own.  I guess it's possible, but not very likely imo. I do think LP would LOVE to have him though.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, sturt said:

Seemed he was holding back a bit when asked about the reasonableness--given his previous answer about what might still be missing on the roster--of obtaining a player with some championship history.

Will be watching to see if Pau Gasol or Andrew Bogut sign somewhere in the next few days. Especially suspicious, of course, that Bogut could be on Schlenk's radar for somewhat obvious GSW history reasons.

If we manage to sign a former All-Star or defensive hub of a championship squad, please be prepared to hear how that won’t help develop our youngsters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I ALWAYS come away from his interviews highly impressed and more excited about the team. Even when he's reserved on occasion, his comments just seem to exude enthusiasm and excitement for the team and future. Love it.

Also, sorry @hazer but I'm not seeing the trade for Embiid deal. Philly would want a king's ransom and I'm not sure TS will ever be willing to go that route. The only exception to that I see is if he demands a trade and gives Philly little opportunity to get a big return. More likely though, Joel would have to get frustrated with not winning in the playoffs and decide to walk away and come join LP on his own.  I guess it's possible, but not very likely imo. I do think LP would LOVE to have him though.  

If in 2 years the Hawks have ascended to where the 76ers now sit (contenders in the East), and said 76ers have stalled in the same place without breaking through, I predict exactly the scenario you paint: Embiid requesting a trade, with Ice TrATL and Coach El-P specifically in mind. Bookmark it ✅

• Like 3

9 hours ago, hazer said:

Damn good stuff, damn good coach. Here’s what I loved:

1) El-P doesn’t speak in clichès. He gives thoughtful answers with a calm confidence. Almost a humble swagger, even.

2) The Joel Embiid comments. I’m calling it now (bookmark!): Hawks trade for Embiid in ‘21.

3) He mentions Reddish can just plain shoot and brings up the Trae/Huerter/Cam/Hunter/Collins lineup specifically.

Lol, why would Philly trade their best player. I 100% agree with the rest. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1