• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk agrees to multi-year contract

AHawks89

50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Stephen Giles is an underrated pickup. He was an advanced scout for Cavs when they won the title. He is known for his in depth knowledge on the game and his passion as well. Highly respected in the industry. Loved that a lot of guys were internally promoted. We have one of the better staffs in the NBA and guys like Chelsea, Dotum and Dan did a tremendous job as did the rest of the staff in general. We are on path to great things.

Who? Wow. Good lookin out. Honestly I’d never heard of him. I knew a gritty Marcus Giles back in the day and his larger Pirate bro! But that was ⚾️. Good lookin out Supes!

• Haha 3

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

When we drafted Cam, it was over we won the deal imo. 

Before Cam:

Trae>Doncic

After:

Trae+Cam>>>>>>>> Doncic

Hell we may even have a case for:

Cam>Doncic  

I think reasonable minds can differ on Trae alone vs Doncic and that the majority of analysts and fans would say the Doncic side for the same reasons they voted for him for ROY.  That is fine and can easily change in the future.  At the end of their rookie seasons, most fans would have said Tyreke Evans > Steph Curry.  But I think Doncic is legit and so this is a Bird / Magic sort of argument for me.

Cam as an NBA player is still an unknown quantity but I'll take Trae + Cam > Doncic today.  Actual play will sharpen the case on this and I think are likely to cause it to be a no brainer for people.  But today the fans (and many of those ESPN talking heads are basically fans with a microphone) will discount Cam's part in that equation until they see him on the court.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

When we drafted Cam, it was over we won the deal imo. 

Before Cam:

Trae>Doncic

After:

Trae+Cam>>>>>>>> Doncic

Hell we may even have a case for:

Cam>Doncic  

Haha.  What about Bob is trying to create an account here to go at you now.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think reasonable minds can differ on Trae alone vs Doncic and that the majority of analysts and fans would say the Doncic side for the same reasons they voted for him for ROY.  That is fine and can easily change in the future.  At the end of their rookie seasons, most fans would have said Tyreke Evans > Steph Curry.  But I think Doncic is legit and so this is a Bird / Magic sort of argument for me.

Cam as an NBA player is still an unknown quantity but I'll take Trae + Cam > Doncic today.  Actual play will sharpen the case on this and I think are likely to cause it to be a no brainer for people.  But today the fans (and many of those ESPN talking heads are basically fans with a microphone) will discount Cam's part in that equation until they see him on the court.  

Be honest, they're gonna discount it even after seeing him play.  Any deficiency on the other end will be pinned on Porzingo and all other teammates before any blame lands on Loofa.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haha.  What about Bob is trying to create an account here to go at you now.

Be honest, they're gonna discount it even after seeing him play.  Any deficiency on the other end will be pinned on Porzingo and all other teammates before any blame lands on Loofa.

Not Bob. Oh god..is he still on realgm? Oh god jamaaalo... 😞 

• Haha 1

Seems like the trade has turned everyone here into Doncic haters, despite a tremendous rookie season. Am I the only person capable of being a Hawks fan without succumbing to irrational bias and partisan homerism? It's no surprise there has been so much genocide throughout history, people are so inherently tribalistic.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Seems like the trade has turned everyone here into Doncic haters, despite a tremendous rookie season. Am I the only person capable of being a Hawks fan without succumbing to irrational bias and partisan homerism? It's no surprise there has been so much genocide throughout history, people are so inherently tribalistic.

I don't count myself as a hater.

But I think Doncic is legit and so this is a Bird / Magic sort of argument for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

I am okay with Luka. His stans on RealGM have ruined his image with me nonetheless. 

• Thanks 3