• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Last Time A Young Team Had This Much Talent

sillent

The Young Thunder compared to us at their age/stage

Cole Aldrich < Alex Len

Kendrick Perkins < Damian Jones (y'all will see)

Nick Collison < Jabari Parker

Serge Ibaka < John Collins

Kevin Durant > Cam Reddish (possibly closer to Paul George)/ DeAndre Hunter (Baby Kawhi) (Durants better for now until we see them in games but combined could eventually challenge the comparison)

Derek Fisher < Vince Carter

James Harden > Kevin Huerter (no offense to Huerter)

Russell Westbrook > Trae Young (maybe debatable)

Reggie Jackson = Evan Turner ???

Nazr Mohammed < Bruno Fernando (better be)

Thabo Sefolosha < DeAndre Bembry (more versatile)

That squad went to the finals atleast twice in their early stages and everyone expected them to be dominant for years to come. Their biggest mistake was bad money management. We don't seem to have that problem and I'm excited to see this team and what we will become as the years go by

• Like 2

It had to be the Thunder. 

Last year, we was mainly one dimensional and I wasn't sure we were going to win a title but we were in the right direction. 

Now we got two way studs. We got a lot of sauce. 

I liken us to a younger Denver the most even if we are more talented in my mind

Trae - Jokic

Collins - Murray 

Huerter - Harris

Porter Jr. - Reddish

Hunter - Young Horford, I know they got Sap but they aren't similar. 

Len - Plumlee

Burton - Parker

Craig - Bembry 

Grant - Jones

Turner - Beasley 

Bruno - Bol

Vandy - Crabbe

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

These comparisons are over the top. To compare Cam Reddish to KD at this point is nothing short of a joke. Why can't we just let them be the young Hawks? 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This is so confusing. 

How about we are the best most perfect version of ourselves.

Ive yet to see a team draft so much talent (potential) that fit so perfectly together on paper. And have the right mix of vets to  go along with them. 

There isn’t a comparison to what we have right now.

I keep saying we are the HAWKS MODEL.

• Like 4

Ya I said before that we were like a young Sonics and Hornets 🐝 of the 90’s and it rubbed people the wrong way. I won’t comment further but I agree with the OKC comp and the Nuggets current team comp as well.

In the end, let’s circle ⭕️ back to let’s be us...oh Haze driving that bus 🚌 already... HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WAIT UP!!!!!!  🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, IheartVolt said:

These comparisons are over the top. To compare Cam Reddish to KD at this point is nothing short of a joke. Why can't we just let them be the young Hawks? 

I'm sure I said Cam and Hunter (combined ) just like a Trae and Cam (Combined "have the potential" ) to be better than a "certain" sophmore. If I didn't clarify that than my bad. I also remember me being very generous to say Durant would be greater than Cam and Hunter combined. Generous because of that magical word. Potential. You don't know what they will become and I don't either. I do think they're will be a time when people will look at Cam and Hunter as a better package than "just" Durant just like most would choose Paul George and Kawhi over "just" Durant. Again though I obviously gave Durant the credit because he's proven. It was silly at one time to draft Jordan when you have Clyde Drextler hence why they went for the center Sam Bowie. It's silly to judge my comparisons over players you've haven't seen on the nba court. Just saying they have a better chance to win than to fail at this point.

I do agree with you all though they are just the young Hawks. Their/our own team and that was just the closest comparison I've seen so far so thought it was the best way to relate. 

Edited by sillent
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Since I joined the squawk, we have been some version of: 

Detroit era no Superstar team, Spurs East, Warriors East, Suns era Nash and Stoudemire, Thunder, Sonics, Hornets.

You know they say there is no such thing as an original sound riff anymore. Personally I don't think everything sounds like Beethoven though. Young teams with new/newer GMs and/or newer coaches seem to always have the vision comparisons of those guys with their former teams. Believe a lot of it is true (Budball was a good example for us, there were tweaks and of course no Duncan) and then also believe every team is a hybrid of that to some extent because the rosters are always different. A lot of molding to do either way.  

• Like 2

As RedDawg stated, this is the Hawks model. Where we play this MoreyBall 2.0 style of Basketball. How we fit is pretty damn good right now but could be major within a year or so. At the moment, we are in the blightest place in our modern history

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 10:35 AM, IheartVolt said:

I agree.

And if Cam doesn't live up to people's expectations, he's going to break so many hearts around here.

With Cam probably not starting this season, would people be satisfied with this stat line?

In 25 minutes per game:

8 ppg - 5 rebs - 1 asst

44% FG - 25% 3FG - 75% FT

The 3 point percentage may seem low, but he didn't shoot the 3 well in college and it may be an adjustment for him to the NBA range, especially the 1st half of the season.  But would you guys be cool with a stat line like this from Cam?

13 hours ago, Diesel said:

Ok.. This is messed up...  Silent is not passing.   It's Puff Puff Pass.   or Puff Puff Give.  Not Puff and keep.   I got some Hawks-Bulls comparisons that I want to see and the only way I can get there is if Silent would pass the blunt. 

Trae= Jordan??

Collins = Horace.

That was supposed to be a Bulls "hope" comparison lol... I should've known some would take that too literallty.