• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

• 4 weeks later...

I.S.E. Bring the Heat Edition:

Wait, I'm a little confused.  I was told Andre Iguodala was the answer.  The media told us MIA was bak! now that they got Jae Crowdah.

They tried to tell us Nunn was the best rookie since Lew Alcindor.  They told us Tim David aka Duncan Robinson and Captain 'merica aka Tyler Herro was the best shooting tandem since Larry Bird and Pistol Pete.

What they didn't tell us was they're all rookies who will hit the wall and the league would adjust to them so all the gaudy nimbers were. not. sust. aina. ble.

All we're seeing is the regression to the mean, baybee.  IOW, 'baaaack to liiiife, baaack to realityyyy'.

They'll still make the playoffs but they're set for the early-round fizzle-out.  But atleast you got UD sittin' on the bench (doin' nothin').

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, I'm a little confused.  I was told Andre Iguodala was the answer.  The media told us MIA was bak! now that they got Jae Crowdah.

They tried to tell us Nunn was the best rookie since Lew Alcindor.  They told us Tim David aka Duncan Robinson and Captain 'merica aka Tyler Herro was the best shooting tandem since Larry Bird and Pistol Pete.

Sounds like ur brother in law is living rent free in your head 🧠.. it’s just fluffy Miami pastry 🥮. Yeah, I know what ur thinking 🤔 Miami? Known for their pastries? This ain’t France 🇫🇷

Do you get the Miami herald delivered to your house 🏡? Still read it in the can like you did when you were 11? I dig.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sounds like ur brother in law is living rent free in your head 🧠.. it’s just fluffy Miami pastry 🥮. Yeah, I know what ur thinking 🤔 Miami? Known for their pastries? This ain’t France 🇫🇷

Do you get the Miami herald delivered to your house 🏡? Still read it in the can like you did when you were 11? I dig.

Nah. The heat to me are like the warriors are to you.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Its almost like you cats have not seen the Hawks get their tails kicked in the playoffs by the damn Celtics ever since the sixties or something. Minus a couple of fairly recent seasons that is. The Heat and the Warriors are small potatoes on the Hawks and my psyche compared to the Evil Green. Documented history can be painful stuff and they are the main postseason culprit long term.

• 4 months later...

I.S.E. - Victor Oladipo edition .....

Hol' on, hold on, hol'd on .... lemme get this straight.  You've missed the whole season.  You gimp'd your way back onto the court, looked like hawt gah-bage and your team still let you work your way back?  And now you're sitting out?

"Oh but kg, he's just trying to stay healthy.  You know the bubble, kg.  The bubble?" - Jr. Squawker

The bubble?  Well, *heh* lemme burst your bubble, Jr. Squawker.  We're also hearing the Pacers knew nothing about his rehab or the deadline he set to come back.  They just went along with it.  They certainly knew nothing about him setting until he decided to let them in on the secret.  Now all we're hearing is 'Dipo is eyeing the Heat in free agency and that's possibly part of the reason he's sitting. 

Wait a minute.  Let's not forget, Vic is gonna be 29 by the time his next contract starts.  Let's not forget, Victor has really only had 1 good year.  One.

He just stopped being fat 'round the belly.  He just stopped being called a draft bust.  Shiiii, I just stopped calling this fool "LOLadipo".

Who does he think he is?  Did he win a 'chip for the Pacers and I missed it?  Or is he trying to cash in one one good series vs Lebron like 2 years ago?

Come on, sun.  kg's seent enough.

🤠

• Haha 4

Ha, so LOLadipo does an interview with the Athletic boasting about being 100% healthy.  Then goes on to say he's sitting out.

Problem is, the NBA already said healthy players who choose to sit forgo their remaining salary.  So, LOL loses $3millo.

LOL's response? "Uh, I'm gonna play now ... for the team.  Yeah, yeah ... it's for the team."

smdh

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Ha, so LOLadipo does an interview with the Athletic boasting about being 100% healthy.  Then goes on to say he's sitting out.

Problem is, the NBA already said healthy players who choose to sit forgo their remaining salary.  So, LOL loses $3millo.

LOL's response? "Uh, I'm gonna play now ... for the team.  Yeah, yeah ... it's for the team."

smdh

Dipo showed his true colors. He needs to lineup right behind 🧁 now. I’m kind of upset because I thought he had some heart and love for the game. Fake Vic. 🤦‍♀️ 

38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dipo showed his true colors. He needs to lineup right behind 🧁 now. I’m kind of upset because I thought he had some heart and love for the game. Fake Vic. 🤦‍♀️ 

Yeah, that's what makes this all so strange.  He seemed like a hard-working, grounded kind of player.  He's proving to have some real diva tendencies.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, that's what makes this all so strange.  He seemed like a hard-working, grounded kind of player.  He's proving to have some real diva tendencies.

It’s upsetting. It’s like finding out in a couple years that Pascal Siakam never liked his teammates or something totally out of left field. I guess money 💰 talks.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

He's protecting his next contract.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I.S.E. ... Memphis edition

You know what I'm sick and fkng tired of hearing?  I'm sick and fkng tired of hearing about how great, not good, GREAT the Grizzlies are and how great they're gonna be and how much greater that makes them than us and how Morant is super-fantabulous because he led his team to the playoffs in the West and how HE'S the best young point guard in the game.

Holy run-on sentence, Bat-man.  Take a breath, bro.

Look, I liked how the Grizz played this year too.  They were a really fun, hard-playing team and they deserve a lot of credit.  But let's not forget this year is a byproduct of good team-building for the now.  They surrounded their youngs with very capable, professional vets that made their road a lot easier to hoe.

Will that be sustainable in the coming years?  At best, we don't know.  As likely as it is that they'll ascend from here, they could absolutely have a collective sophomore slump.

Clarke looked like a super-sub.  Well, duh.  He's a solid player and he's also old as heyul for his class.  Could he still get better?  Sure.  Will he?  We don't know.  It's just as likely he's as good as he's gonna be right now, which could be why he was able to contribute so mightily.

Morant looks like a really good player.  But let's not pretend like he's relying heavily on athleticism - which is a dicey proposition, if we're being honest.  Westbrook, for my money, is the only player that's aged fairly well despite miles and multiple injuries.  He's the exception, certainly not the rule.

Long story long... great season, Grizz but pump the brakes on etching them into the Finals every year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Already said Hawks/Grizz in 2023 finals don’t piss ☔️ on my parade 🎉!But skrong 💪🏾 ISE! 

Eh, I'll push back on that.  How's about a Nuggets-Hawks Finals with Trae and his bff Porter, Jr. playing the role of Zeke/Magic kissin' cousins before their Finals matchup?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, I'll push back on that.  How's about a Nuggets-Hawks Finals with Trae and his bff Porter, Jr. playing the role of Zeke/Magic kissin' cousins before their Finals matchup?

@Sothron dancing 💃 on the streets in a “scary mask 😷 weight loss body suite” ala Jokic and I’m gonna say no to this why? 😃 

Who doesn’t enjoy watching the joker 🃏 pull a pass out his a$$! I’m in!

Nuggets, Grizz, Clippers... whatever just try to keep the Lakers and Warriors out for the most part. 

Hey how bout the Hawks vs the Kraken? Wait that’s Seattle..that’s hockey 🏒 I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Sothron dancing 💃 on the streets in a “scary mask 😷 weight loss body suite” ala Jokic and I’m gonna say no to this why? 😃 

Who doesn’t enjoy watching the joker 🃏 pull a pass out his a$$! I’m in!

Nuggets, Grizz, Clippers... whatever just try to keep the Lakers and Warriors out for the most part. 

Hey how bout the Hawks vs the Kraken? Wait that’s Seattle..that’s hockey 🏒 I dunno 🤷‍♀️ 

I still got beef with fat-a** Jok for amputating Heurter's arm tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3