• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

I personally loved the format without fans.  It exposed the teams with shaky chemistry and haphazard builds who rely on energy from home crowds to add pressure (Clippers, Rockets) while teams with great chemistry and organic builds fed off their own (Denver, Miami).  The only time I notice the crowd is if they’re very engaged on the defensive end anyway.

As a Jimmy Butler guy I couldn’t have asked for more.  His floor game and shot selection shined, the antithesis of modern NBA ball.  I guess that’s why the ratings were supposedly in the tank even against two flagships in Boston and LA but whatever man.  It’ll be quite interesting to see how Miami spends this offseason.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 2:11 PM, benhillboy said:

I personally loved the format without fans.  It exposed the teams with shaky chemistry and haphazard builds who rely on energy from home crowds to add pressure (Clippers, Rockets) while teams with great chemistry and organic builds fed off their own (Denver, Miami).  The only time I notice the crowd is if they’re very engaged on the defensive end anyway.

As a Jimmy Butler guy I couldn’t have asked for more.  His floor game and shot selection shined, the antithesis of modern NBA ball.  I guess that’s why the ratings were supposedly in the tank even against two flagships in Boston and LA but whatever man.  It’ll be quite interesting to see how Miami spends this offseason.

Hey, whoa, whoa, what is this 'benhill's seen enough' day?

On the bubble environment, the only part I liked was the schedule.  NBA games at 2pm?  Yes, please.  Productivity took a hit some days tho so maybe that wasn't such a good thing?

The sterile (fan-less) environment was a huge negative for me.  How players react to the home/road environment is huge, imho.  There's plenty of dudes that can ball in an open gym but put 'em in front of eyeballs and they fold like cheap suits.  That's part of it, for me.  I prefer the guys and teams that can execute regardless.

I'm glad we got the season in but I hate the fact that these playoffs were so artificial, for lack of a better word.  This was a glorified AAU tournament with moms and dads in the stands.  Nobody to boo or really cheer.  That stuff matters.  And, if you think I'm wrong, take a look at home/road teams' w/l records.  All the 'coming back from 1-3 series deficits' stuff was off-putting for me.  That's not reality.  The bubble format allowed that stuff to happen.

I so hope we can get back to real playoffs with fans so all the fake stuff that happened in the bubble can be properly eggsposed.  What fake things, you ask?  Well, I'll tell you in the ISE - Bubble Edition.  Stay tuned.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

So the Nuggets tweeted this....left out Melo:

The Blazers respond...leaving out LMA....

I love the PETTINESS and Fan Salt :laugh1:.

Who Got next...The Spurs leaving out Kawhi? :laugh1:  All the teams should get in on this!

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

So the Nuggets tweeted this....left out Melo:

The Blazers respond...leaving out LMA....

I love the PETTINESS and Fan Salt :laugh1:.

Who Got next...The Spurs leaving out Kawhi? :laugh1:  All the teams should get in on this!

I couldn’t care less about Melo but Nick Van?  That’s cold.  Now the Blazers need to apologize to Terry Porter and his family for putting Melo up there.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:31 AM, kg01 said:

Hey, whoa, whoa, what is this 'benhill's seen enough' day?

On the bubble environment, the only part I liked was the schedule.  NBA games at 2pm?  Yes, please.  Productivity took a hit some days tho so maybe that wasn't such a good thing?

The sterile (fan-less) environment was a huge negative for me.  How players react to the home/road environment is huge, imho.  There's plenty of dudes that can ball in an open gym but put 'em in front of eyeballs and they fold like cheap suits.  That's part of it, for me.  I prefer the guys and teams that can execute regardless.

I'm glad we got the season in but I hate the fact that these playoffs were so artificial, for lack of a better word.  This was a glorified AAU tournament with moms and dads in the stands.  Nobody to boo or really cheer.  That stuff matters.  And, if you think I'm wrong, take a look at home/road teams' w/l records.  All the 'coming back from 1-3 series deficits' stuff was off-putting for me.  That's not reality.  The bubble format allowed that stuff to happen.

I so hope we can get back to real playoffs with fans so all the fake stuff that happened in the bubble can be properly eggsposed.  What fake things, you ask?  Well, I'll tell you in the ISE - Bubble Edition.  Stay tuned.

I can’t buy the argument that role players like Herro and Robinson benefited from the bubble environment when “superstars” like George and Giannis came up so short in the same setting.  Would you have the same opinion had the Clippers made the Con Finals and the Bucks the Finals like everyone expected?

• Moderators
On 10/19/2020 at 9:49 AM, macdaddy said:

We may not have had the greatest collection of talent through the years but at least Atlanta Hawks have a clear #1.  Second best Atlanta Hawk of all time is a tough one. 

As long as you've got the word "Atlanta" there (like you do), I agree.  If all Hawks are considered, Petit and Nique stand above the rest.  I think Trae will join them above the fray by the time he is done.  As for Atlanta Hawks (no Petit, no Hagan, no Hudson, no Pete, etc.), then you are into the mixed fruit bowl of Joe, Deke, Al, Smitty, Willis, etc. where it is an "eye-of-the-beholder" type of thing for who you like.

7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I can’t buy the argument that role players like Herro and Robinson benefited from the bubble environment when “superstars” like George and Giannis came up so short in the same setting.  Would you have the same opinion had the Clippers made the Con Finals and the Bucks the Finals like everyone expected?

It's fairly well understood that role players shrink on the road.

Again, it's not so much that I think the Heat run was fake.  2021 will tell that tale.  I just won't allow it to change what I thought about the players before the bubble.  Subtle difference. 

• 3 weeks later...

People keep saying there's only one playoff spot up for grabs in the east.  Consensus top 7 are supposedly: BOS, PHI, TOR, IND, MIA, MIL, BKN

Well, gott d*mn.  Why're we not better than ....

IND: Do we even know what TF they are?  Rookie HC.  LOladipo drama.  Hello?  He still don't wanna be there.  Turner drama.  He, and allegedly his family, is a handful already.  Good luck dealing with them now that they know he was on the block.  Sabonis isn't healthy.  On top of all that, they were solid but not spectacular at best last year.  And scroll up a couple posts.  I ain't buying bubble-TJ Warren.  He'll regress to his mean.

MIA: Speaking of not buying the bubble ... the Heat were the 5-seed so let's stop speaking of them as if they're the 72-win Warriors.  They'll be fine but it's not a stretch to suggest our regular season record won't be better.  I seem to recall a motivated Trae whip dey a**, almost single-handedly, twice last season.  Again, seeding is based of regular season record.

TOR: Speaking of regular season, iiuc teams' schedules will be heavily weighted to their division opponents.   That means we'll be facing mostly the SE foes while TOR will be pitted against a bevy of supposed playoff teams.  That math don't add up, homes.

BKN: I get it.  On paper they're formidable.  Let's not pretend there aren't questions there that could lead to a depression of their actual record.

Long story long, I can see a couple scenarios where we're higher than the play-in line.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3

I'm gonna go on record.  Giannis is a 2-time Mvp but you can't win with him as your best player.  He won't win big until he teams up and becomes a super b-option.

Miami will be worse this year.  People will question Bam's contract as an overpay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is it wrong?  That is to say, am I wrong?

Am I wrong for ....

.... rooting for the Grizzlies to absolutely suck because Grizzlies (and other) fans think Ja is better than Trae just because his supporting cast didn't consist of vets actively working against him?

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Am I wrong for ....

.... rooting for the Grizzlies to absolutely suck because Grizzlies (and other) fans think Ja is better than Trae just because his supporting cast didn't consist of vets actively working against him?

If that's wrong then i don't want to be right.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Am I wrong for ....

giphy.gif

• Like 2

• Admin
On 10/19/2020 at 9:49 AM, macdaddy said:

We may not have had the greatest collection of talent through the years but at least Atlanta Hawks have a clear #1.  Second best Atlanta Hawk of all time is a tough one. 

Yes of course it’s Scott Hastings!!  Who is number 2?

Heeeey ......................... we just s'posed to ignore the fact that Luk-uh is basically a fat arse right now?

Not hatin.  We're all over that stuff, but dude's a pepsi away from becoming Serbian Oliver Miller.  It's a diet Pepsi tho, of course.

• Haha 2

Aye how come folks won't and don't think the Hawks will be a playoff team because they played bad defense last year buuuuut .... we're supposed to believe the 'Zards are gonna be a sure playoff team?

Their defense was as bad as ours, if not worse.  And the only changes they made was adding a non-defender and (over)paid their same trash defenders.

That math don't add up.  Must be that new math they're teaching now where I gotta add the ones place, then add the tens place, then do some magic to put it all back together instead of just adding the two dang numbers in the first dang place!

It's no wonder (most) kids are all stupid nowadays.  It's our own dang fault!

And get off my lawn!  I just watered it!

• Like 1