• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

10 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I see what you're saying about Toronto but i don't know if i can stomach Boston in the ECF and honestly they'd have a shot at the finals.  Which is a non-starter.

This all day! If y'all think those Toronto fans are bad, just let Boston's young core make the finals.

I need the Bucks to get it together because I can't root for Miami or Boston in the ECF. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 9/1/2020 at 2:08 PM, kg01 said:

It's gonna be really fun to see LAL vs LAC.  You can bet James is rooting for the Clippers to get upset first.  Kawhi is comin' for dat a**.

Do you think LaL will beat the rockets??

the rockets just seem like a matchup nightmare for the lakers.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 9/2/2020 at 11:46 AM, macdaddy said:

I see what you're saying about Toronto but i don't know if i can stomach Boston in the ECF and honestly they'd have a shot at the finals.  Which is a non-starter.

It's all tied up.

Can you imagine @kg01if Mia and Celts are in the ECF. Lol

• Moderators
On 9/5/2020 at 7:43 PM, Dean Walker said:

Do you think LaL will beat the rockets??

the rockets just seem like a matchup nightmare for the lakers.

It is a fascinating study in contrasts.

LA - We’ve got LeBron and AD!  But our depth is so bad that our other 3 starters had 14 points total between them in a game we won and our guards and wings have the depth of a shallow puddle.  We are starting the living corpse of Danny Green and the never-quite-got-there KCP.

HOU - We have nothing but guards and wings to the point where we start one at center.  And our rotation has at least 7 better than any on your team.  We may not have great answers for your big 2, though, and if we get cold from range things can get ugly.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

It is a fascinating study in contrasts.

LA - We’ve got LeBron and AD!  But our depth is so bad that our other 3 starters had 14 points total between them in a game we won and our guards and wings have the depth of a shallow puddle.  We are starting the living corpse of Danny Green and the never-quite-got-there KCP.

HOU - We have nothing but guards and wings to the point where we start one at center.  And our rotation has at least 7 better than any on your team.  We may not have great answers for your big 2, though, and if we get cold from range things can get ugly.

Lol totally agree. It’s going to be fun to watch unfold.

• Premium Member
On 9/15/2020 at 11:30 PM, kg01 said:

Wow.  Go Nuggets.

Whatever itchy-scratchy disease PandemicP has, he gave it to kawhi.  Massive, massive disappointment.

Doc rivers is an overrated arse coach.

PandyP not so loved by his teammates?

• Haha 1

Jaylen Brown > Jason Tatum

There .. I said it.  He doesn't get the hype but that dude plays hard and delivers everything Tatum does without the golden boy leash.  I wish we can somehow psychologically convince Hunter to play with this level of aggression at all times.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Jaylen Brown > Jason Tatum

There .. I said it.  He doesn't get the hype but that dude plays hard and delivers everything Tatum does without the golden boy leash.  I wish we can somehow psychologically convince Hunter to play with this level of aggression at all times.

Well this is Jaylen's 4th year, so it took him a while.  Hunter has 63 games under his belt.  Give him time. They can't all come out the coral guns a blazing like Trae.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

And can we be honest about something?  The level of pressure in these playoffs is virtually non-existent compared to "normal" years.

So color me unconvinced that some of these dudes are showing they have playoff mettle.  This is basically empty gym basketball, so they're not having to deal with role-player shrinkage, home-crowd pressure, travel, or any other phenomenon that impacts playoff performance.

I'm not going full-asterisk but we gotta understand this isn't the same.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well this is Jaylen's 4th year, so it took him a while.  Hunter has 63 games under his belt.  Give him time. They can't all come out the coral guns a blazing like Trae.

Brown was this guy in high school tho.  I remain optimistic on Hunter ... I remain optimistic on Hunter ... I remain ...

• Haha 2

Who's more overrated?  Doc as a coach or Tatum as a player?

Certainly Doc.  Tatum is good.  Is just oversold by the 'media'.  Give me Brown all day over Tatum and his 24 points on 26 shots jak-fest.  Some will call that the Kobe mentality but that's insulting to the dearly departed.  That's more like the Samba mentality.

Doc?  Now that guy is a terrible coach.  He's not even good at managing egos, which is where folks claim his calling card lies.  Speaking of 'lies', his reputation has lapped his actual coaching talent several times over.  Every team he's had has had severe inter-personal clashes that contributed to the team's lack of success.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'm voting for kg to win the Falcons Owner For A Day contest.

~lw3

I graciously accept.

First order of business, I want all front office personnel to show up early for work.  You'll find Lowe's-brand smocks and work gloves in your size with your name on them.

Put 'em on, go into your office, and chuck everything out the window.  Furniture, pictures, rugs.  It all goes, baybee.

Later this afternoon, your severance package is to salvage anything from the wreckage down below.  Take heart.  There's some good stuff down there if you act fast.

Better get to it today.  The coaching staff's smocks are arriving tomorrow morning.

Second order of business, officially change the name to the 'Failcons'.  Current nickname is insulting to all bird kind and I'm a Hawks fan so it matters to me.  I'll change it back when y'all earn it.

😎

• Haha 2