• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

47 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Slovenian-Westbrook. 

Westbrook has a large sample size... (that’s what she said)...

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Morant

Thought he’d be better in year 2 all around.

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bird

When I went to NYC last year and visited the NBA store they had a wall that was designated to comparing Luka with Bird. I vomited 🤮 in my mouth a little, then I posted up and called for the ball in the post against the mannequins to my gf’s dismay, bought a headband and left.

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

SGA guy out of OKC.

He’s good but he’s nowhere close to Trae and neither is Ja. Trae is special. If Trae was playing for ANYONE but us, well almost anyone, he would already be in the Naismith Hall o fame. :facts3:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wth, you’ve always hated this kid. He’s a good kid and a star 😂 He is! And he’s a Jordan jumpman athlete so show some damn respect cage! 

Empty stats star, baybee.

Seems like a good enough kid though so I'll agree with you there.

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This this and this.

And there are a bunch of guys in the league that are supposedly 'better than Trae'.   At what exactly?  Getting things off a high shelf? 

And another thing.  Why are defensive rebounding numbers for tall wings treated with such reverence like they are somehow equal to assists?  All these guys getting 'double doubles' because they catch a handful of uncontested long rebounds that would have hit them in the face if they didn't catch it.    

HahaaaaLOL

School 'em, macd.

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 Macdaddy is..

macd is teetering on insanity and genius.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

'better than Trae'. 

Nobody but nobody is better than Trae. Michael Jordan made a mistake by not making him a Jordan jumpman athlete like he did Luka and Zion. Then again MJ wasn’t an eighth of an executive as he was a player. 

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Westbrook has a large sample size... (that’s what she said)...

Thought he’d be better in year 2 all around.

When I went to NYC last year and visited the NBA store they had a wall that was designated to comparing Luka with Bird. I vomited 🤮 in my mouth a little, then I posted up and called for the ball in the post against the mannequins to my gf’s dismay, bought a headband and left.

Yes and, let me be clear, I'm not even saying he's as good as Westbrook.  Just that they approach the game the same, basically.

I didn't expect Morant to be much better because I don't think he relies on skill.  Sure he could get more athletic but, really how much more in a basketball sense?  Never was a good shooter or passer.  What he gets, he gets off being ultra-athletic.  And, before anyone chimes in, I'm not saying he's a unskilled player.  Just that, relative to the peers he's trying to pass, he's got work to do in several areas.

I'm sure your GF was proud of your Grant Long imitation.

• Haha 2

Oh and, one last one for today, on the TampRonto cRaptors ...

Sorry but they can try to blame all this on Tampa if they want.  It's been long enough for them to acclimate.

Let's not act like they all 100% live in Toronto all year to the point where they and their families are soo distraught that they can't focus on playing all year long.

Something smells in Tampa and it's not the day-old sushi.  Lowry out although healthy.  Siakim still openly feuding with Nic(k) Nurse.  Powell traded.  Has anyone seen the point guard they re-signed?  Can't even remember his name he's been gone so long.

Their roster is good and competitive enough that they should be better than what they're showing.  People can claim they're tanking, but I just think they're getting exposed.

We the North goin' South, literally and figuratively.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Luqua

I keep wanting to make a thread on realgm about how we have a better version of Luka for 1/3 of the cost in Bogi whose also a better and more efficient shooter than Luka and more unselfish. I’m afraid Texaschick and all the Mav mods (all the mods) on realgm will show up at my house with tiki torches and I’ll have to answer to them and my gf saying, why? 

Why ask why, try bud dry! 😃 

Its not that far fetched though, if you honestly watch both play, Bogi is damn efficient and a quick switch type baller while Luka is a slow methodical lurchy whiny 😫 sob. He’s got those soccer ⚽️ shin guards on, cries 24/7 to refs and just is an all around Debbie downer to watch. Take it away Perk! (I love Perk, I actually think he’s my alter ego, hates Curry and Luka and is pro Trae 😃)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Empty stats star, baybee.

Seems like a good enough kid though so I'll agree with you there.

HahaaaaLOL

School 'em, macd.

macd is teetering on insanity and genius.

Mac and Camp are horny this morning and taking it out on us! 😶 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I keep wanting to make a thread on realgm about how we have a better version of Luka for 1/3 of the cost in Bogi whose also a better and more efficient shooter than Luka and more unselfish. I’m afraid Texaschick and all the Mav mods (all the mods) on realgm will show up at my house with tiki torches and I’ll have to answer to them and my gf saying, why? 

Why ask why, try bud dry! 😃 

Its not that far fetched though, if you honestly watch both play, Bogi is damn efficient and a quick switch type baller while Luka is a slow methodical lurchy whiny 😫 sob. He’s got those soccer ⚽️ shin guards on, cries 24/7 to refs and just is an all around Debbie downer to watch. Take it away Perk! (I love Perk, I actually think he’s my alter ego, hates Curry and Luka and is pro Trae 😃)

It's more than fair to criticize his play and the Mavs overall.  People crowned him/them wayy too soon.

Too bad, when it comes from us, it's seen as sour grapes.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Mac and Camp are horny this morning and taking it out on us! 😶 

This morning?  Aren't they always ... 😏

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm sure your GF was proud of your Grant Long imitation.

I posted up butt to butt on a Celtic Manny (chris Quinn), you would have been so proud. I do need to know my audience though as a Grandma  👵 gave me a side eye 👁🤨

Ps The Celtic mannequin had a headband on so it was either Paulette Pierce’s ghost 👻 from the past or Brian (I’ll take on any nobody in one on one because Garnett mentally and emotionally tortured me as a Celt in practice and I feel the need to hurt high school kid’s dreams all around) Scalabrine.

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can't even remember his name he's been gone so long.

DON’T YOU TALK ABOUT AUNT HENNIE! I actually like FVV, he’s a throwback but the rest I agree they fell off the map 🗺 literally into a swamp of retired dancers in Tampa. It’s like their own personal crying game.

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh and, one last one for today,

BOO BOO (crowd noise)! WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! 

Speaking of booing, while in NY last year I caught 2 games at MSG, (didn’t wanna pay Dolan his kid’s daycare funds but also didn’t want beef with the security that resorted to thuggery against Ewing and Oak... and Spike) vs the Mavs and Cavs. Both games were annoying as hell. Vs the Mavs I had Kumail Nanjiani and Karl Penn sitting behind me as the 2 biggest Luka fans ever..all I kept thinking about was Olympic Shot Put and hurling records and if I could break them (the records..). 

Verbatim: 

1st guy: kekekeke 🤭 Yeaaaaa Luka magiccccc, that’s what that was right there.

2nd guy: Only Luka can do that, Luka is the man. 

They kept their voices low but one row behind me so it was like they were literally whispering sweet nothings in my ear. LITERALLY!

2nd game: Cavs fan (#1 Matthew Dellavadova fan in the world) with his date. This was a football 🏈 kind of guy with limited basketball knowledge yet he was educating and trying to impress his date.

Verbatim: DELLYYYYYYY, DELLLLLLYYYYYYY!!!! HELL YA! His date: Who is that? (Me, nodding in my head in agreement like she’s a keeper) the guy: OH DELLY! He’s a Cav legend. Me(inside..) Serenity noooowwwww serenity nowwww. My face started involuntarily twitching... 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

BOO BOO (crowd noise)! WE WANT MORE! WE WANT MORE! 

Hol' up, hol' up, hol' up ... I was wonderin' ..... why is it that folks think the Mavs will be able to attract stars to play-with?

The greatest European baller was there for 20 years and they weren't able to do it.

The greatest European baller put the team on his bak and won-a 'chip and they weren't able to do it.

The most player-friendly owner in professional sports has been there 20 some-odd years and they haven't been able to do it.

Let's be honest here, Dallas and Atlanta are two inexplicable free-agent not-spots historically.  Sure, they'll get ancillary guys there but let's not pretend Giannis was eyeing a 2nd-fiddle role to a guy that's not better than him.  Kawhi?  Ka-why?  I'm sure he can see the nightly whine and cheese (emphasis on whine) show quite well from his southern-CA mansion.

They better fire up the ol' trade machine and hope folks still remember when Porzingo was a 'unicorn' instead of a can o' corn.

'Til then, look out for Markkanen's, McDermott's and Bjelica's of the world to sign up.  They may pop for a Tony Snell or maybe even Norm Powell to shake things up.

But you're gonna have to miss me with this notion that guys are gonna flock to play with the golden child.

... and speaking of child, I can't be the only one tired of watching the red-faced rants every time he doesn't get a call.  Trae is bad, at times, but he's also not a 6'8" lumbering, uncle-bod out there.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Took 'em awhile.

What a weird story and what a weird set of moves following it.  If you're Cuban and you're gonna be as vocal as he is about other folks' business, this can't be happening right under your nose for as long as it apparently was.

Like, you can't be as blustering about the inaccuracy of the story .. then quietly fire the guy a year later.  As it is, they've succeeded in that not many will even talk about this now.

I wonder how folks, particularly the women working with him, felt about this redshirt year they just gave the guy?

• Sad 1

Heat .. culture?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-heat-concerned-tyler-herro-191203649.html

Everybody is entitled to their own personal life, and we don’t try to bring it up. And, look, the greatest player in Miami Heat history, there was a lot of stuff that we knew about that we didn’t talk about. It’s just the way that this played out. And he grew through some things. And we all know who we’re both talking about. But ultimately, the team starts to get a certain level of concern. In this particular case, the team has been concerned now for months. And that’s kind of where it’s at. But they were concerned with players during the big-three era. But this one is different, because this kid is 21.

So perhaps the Heat should postpone the statue for ol' Tyler?

• Moderators
21 hours ago, kg01 said:

What a weird story and what a weird set of moves following it.  If you're Cuban and you're gonna be as vocal as he is about other folks' business, this can't be happening right under your nose for as long as it apparently was.

Like, you can't be as blustering about the inaccuracy of the story .. then quietly fire the guy a year later.  As it is, they've succeeded in that not many will even talk about this now.

I wonder how folks, particularly the women working with him, felt about this redshirt year they just gave the guy?

Cuban really is like some other currently high profile 'leaders' in that just continuing to bluster upon bluster has worked for him his whole life.