• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Bad reffing. :fuk:

Bad reffing the whole post season in general with our games but will say that when a ref takes out one of our players that is indeed taking it up a big notch. NBA can be so WWF in the postseason and has been like that for decades. Was hoping Stern leaving the NBA would help with that stuff a few years ago but it still exists and it is way too frequent. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

Bad reffing the whole post season in general with our games but will say that when a ref takes out one of our players that is indeed taking it up a big notch. NBA can be so WWF in the postseason and has been like that for decades. Was hoping Stern leaving the NBA would help with that stuff a few years ago but it still exists and it is way too frequent. 

I think we're gonna look back at the Stern era and realize he was the hero we needed.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think we're gonna look back at the Stern era and realize he was the hero we needed.

Please don’t ever say that again. My teen self wants to disagree with you. Ya he was bad then, Adam is bad now. Big brother amirite? (Same person thing I’m convincing folks by throwing in your slang sshh).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Please don’t ever say that again. My teen self wants to disagree with you. Ya he was bad then, Adam is bad now. Big brother amirite? (Same person thing I’m convincing folks by throwing in your slang sshh).

Hey, I didn't like him either but I gotta face fax.

Stern did things that built the game.  Sliver's doing things that are gonna tear it down.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kg01 said:

Hey, I didn't like him either but I gotta face fax.

Stern did things that built the game.  Sliver's doing things that are gonna tear it down.

As well as the guy that created even more bias for star players. It was bad enough before him but it went exponential because of him.

• Like 2

When are folks gonna learn ...

https://www.theringer.com/2021/7/1/22558854/clippers-rumors-free-agency-kawhi-leonard-paul-george

Dallas is considered by some executives to be the most serious threat to land Kawhi because of Luka Doncic’s presence and the front office’s ability to create maximum cap space or work out a sign-and-trade. 

... this isn't exactly a draw.  Just ask Porzingo.

Dallas has all the supposed advantages to be a free agent hotbed but they never have been.  Stop tryna force it, media guys.  We're gonna do this every year?  List DAL and MIA as free agent destinations despite the results suggesting otherwise?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On NBA radio,

The host, I don’t know who it is, El Hassan Amin and Roz Gold Awaha..whatever are saying the game to watch tonight is the Indians baseball ⚾️ game over the ECF. Then they all laugh about it like morons. I don’t get it? The casual fan maybe, but these people break things down, all matchups should interest them. Way to keep the listeners around on NBA radio.

BTW Amin Hassan El Amin laughs like a perv. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

On NBA radio,

The host, I don’t know who it is, El Hassan Amin and Roz Gold Awaha..whatever are saying the game to watch tonight is the Indians baseball ⚾️ game over the ECF. Then they all laugh about it like morons. I don’t get it? The casual fan maybe, but these people break things down, all matchups should interest them. Way to keep the listeners around on NBA radio.

BTW Amin Hassan El Amin laughs like a perv. 

Host was probably Zack Harper.  Like I said before, screw 'em.  Screw 'em all into the ground.

The El Hassan guy and I started at GT at the same time.  His group (out of towners) and my group (the Atlantans) were kinda like rivals.  Like, we all dapped each other up when we saw them but gave each other major side-eye when we walked away.

His nickname was 'Skinny' and I literally didn't know his real name until I saw him on BSPN years later.

Us black folk used to hang out on the couches in the student center.  I remember the couches erupted with news of a fight.  Apparently 'Skinny' was ballin' at the SAC (student athletic complex, which was actually called the 'SAC) with some football players.  He was apparently elbowing a guy as they ran down the court.  Tryna be physical to slow the guy down.  Well, the guy didn't like that and whupped his arse at center court.

I don't know how true/untrue the story was but shiiiiii, on a college campus you don't need no facts.

Man, if we had social media back then, it would've been a WoooorldddStaaaaarr moment.

I had my own WoooorlldStaaarrr moment from a run-in with a football player but we don't need to talk about that. 🥸

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Host was probably Zack Harper.  Like I said before, screw 'em.  Screw 'em all into the ground.

The El Hassan guy and I started at GT at the same time.  His group (out of towners) and my group (the Atlantans) were kinda like rivals.  Like, we all dapped each other up when we saw them but gave each other major side-eye when we walked away.

His nickname was 'Skinny' and I literally didn't know his real name until I saw him on BSPN years later.

Us black folk used to hang out on the couches in the student center.  I remember the couches erupted with news of a fight.  Apparently 'Skinny' was ballin' at the SAC (student athletic complex, which was actually called the 'SAC) with some football players.  He was apparently elbowing a guy as they ran down the court.  Tryna be physical to slow the guy down.  Well, the guy didn't like that and whupped his arse at center court.

I don't know how true/untrue the story was but shiiiiii, on a college campus you don't need no facts.

Man, if we had social media back then, it would've been a WoooorldddStaaaaarr moment.

I had my own WoooorlldStaaarrr moment from a run-in with a football player but we don't need to talk about that. 🥸

:laugh1: ya Skinny got a mouth on him I can see something like that happened. Oh, on the football 🏈 front, I stole Patrick Willis’s potential date! 🥳 WELL HE WAS MEAN TO ME!!!!’n

23 hours ago, kg01 said:

The El Hassan guy

Gotta see what they say today lol. I hate them but they will be talking about how we are done most likely 🤦‍♀️ never ends.

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Gotta see what they say today lol. I hate them but they will be talking about how we are done most likely 🤦‍♀️ never ends.

It's a double-edged sword.  I love the fact that the entire NBA world has to watch us play now.  But they have every intention of being jaded and talking down about us so it's not even rewarding.

The bonus SHOULD come next season where the Hawks SHOULD figure prominently on national broadcasts based on this run.  Perk of having a charismatic star who also contributes to winning and a fun style of play.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

But they have every intention of being jaded and talking down about us so it's not even rewarding.

Also I’m getting a lot of “good lucks” and well wishes from my friends who want the Hawks to do well… my mind is going to a place where I think they may not want the best for the Hawks. Either that or their teams are all out and they are so carefree it’s annoying either way.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Also I’m getting a lot of “good lucks” and well wishes from my friends who want the Hawks to do well… my mind is going to a place where I think they may not want the best for the Hawks. Either that or their teams are all out and they are so carefree it’s annoying either way.

Haha, me and the BIL talked for the first time in months yesterday.  He said he's been betting on the Hawks to win throughout the playoffs, particularly against Knick fans.

Felt strange to hear someone, who I know doesn't like the Hawks, actually giving us some props (not flowers).

Of course he then said he expects MIL to win this series, blah, blah ...

I think your friends probably do wish us/you well though.  Get used to it, homes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

me and the BIL talked for the first time in months

Great news did you give him the ball watcher test? Your index and thumb form a circular ⭕🏀 shape and put in near your pelvic area, if he looks tag 🏷 him in the arm quite hard and yell BALL WATCHER! :banjo:

Seriously good stuff man life is short.

On 7/1/2021 at 10:34 AM, kg01 said:

On NBA radio Kamla and AD, aka you and me were discussing WHO GON GET PAID DOH 😣 

Ayton ✔️ 

Reggie Jackson ✔️ 

Bobby “pudgy” Portis ✔️ 

John Collins? 🤔 To be fair they didn’t mention Collins but I figured if those guys are in line for a raise, does JC get the max?

16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

On NBA radio Kamla and AD, aka you and me were discussing WHO GON GET PAID DOH 😣 

Ayton ✔️ 

Reggie Jackson ✔️ 

Bobby “pudgy” Portis ✔️ 

John Collins? 🤔 To be fair they didn’t mention Collins but I figured if those guys are in line for a raise, does JC get the max?

Kamla has said many times that the Hawks would be crazy to pay Jollins a max.  Said, many times, he'd be traded since they signed Gallo.

Kamla seems to be an Atlanta 'guy', for the most part.  But sometimes he just says some asinine stuff.  He's been around the NBA long enough, he should have a better perspective on some things but just doesn't.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Kamla has said many times that the Hawks would be crazy to pay Jollins a max.  Said, many times, he'd be traded since they signed Gallo.

Kamla seems to be an Atlanta 'guy', for the most part.  But sometimes he just says some asinine stuff.  He's been around the NBA long enough, he should have a better perspective on some things but just doesn't.

Sometimes, well most times it's so hard listening to these 'experts', they make my ears bleed with their horrible takes.

All max contracts aren't created equal.

I don't want to pay Jollins a 'Hawks' max, but we might have to pay him 'another team max' by having to match the contract offer.  Not my 1st preference, but I'd rather do that than let him leave for nothing or do some silly SnT for a TPE and a middling 1st.

• Like 3