• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Rumors of Pacers offerimg Brogdon and a 1st fir Ben Simmons which Sixers declined.

Ya I saw that a couple days ago wasn’t sure if it was true. I think it would probably be a good trade for both sides. It’s not sexy for the Sixers but it would really help them take a step forward in going for it. They aren’t doing it with Ben and that broken shot anytime soon.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I saw that a couple days ago wasn’t sure if it was true. I think it would probably be a good trade for both sides. It’s not sexy for the Sixers but it would really help them take a step forward in going for it. They aren’t doing it with Ben and that broken shot anytime soon.

If Ben cared about improving his game it would be a different story with him, but he seems content playing with his talent alone. I like to see guys improve their games, you can't stay the same.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Things are about to get spicy at the 4 Letter Network.

Was just about to post something like "Rachel Nichs Maria".

Sad but not surprising to see someone support a person publicly but actively work against them privately.  Not sure how ol' Rach can continue as the face of nba stuff after this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sad but not surprising to see someone support a person publicly but actively work against them privately.  Not sure how ol' Rach can continue as the face of nba stuff after this.

Hoping she gets canned like tuna 🍣. I dunno I may still be a lil peeved about the Hawks but that ain’t right Rachel and you know it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 hours ago, kg01 said:

Is the timeline on this that:

• Taylor won the Finals gig away from Nichols last summer
  • Rachel then ranted in private in her hotel last summer and was unknowingly recorded on an ESPN device used for segments during the pandemic
  • Someone at ESPN listened to it and gave the recording to Taylor shortly thereafter
  • Taylor was understandably upset and did not want to work with Nichols anymore and insisted that Nichols not be allowed on set which is why she has largely appeared via pre-recorded segments this year
  • Taylor is currently in negotiations with ESPN on a new contract and they are millions apart with her current contract expiring this month
  • The recording was leaked to the press recently and this all became public drama and an embarrassment for ESPN
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Is the timeline on this that:

• Taylor won the Finals gig away from Nichols last summer
  • Rachel then ranted in private in her hotel last summer and was unknowingly recorded on an ESPN device used for segments during the pandemic
  • Someone at ESPN listened to it and gave the recording to Taylor shortly thereafter
  • Taylor was understandably upset and did not want to work with Nichols anymore and insisted that Nichols not be allowed on set which is why she has largely appeared via pre-recorded segments this year
  • Taylor is currently in negotiations with ESPN on a new contract and they are millions apart with her current contract expiring this month
  • The recording was leaked to the press recently and this all became public drama and an embarrassment for ESPN

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47x5ybd3tuyrmawg0uujg

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47yqn16w1532lowbej2q

• Haha 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, kg01 said:

I was going to express dismay at her being recorded without her knowledge.  That's just wrong.

However, the recording apparently exists because she forgot to turn off her own camera.

D'oh!

C'mon Rachel!

Definitely a dumb move but the internet may have survived over the last year in part due to a compilation of clips of people not realizing they left their cameras on while they picked their nose, took off their pants, did embarrassing dances, etc.  This is a bit more malicious than those because she is bad talking a colleague and using race to make the attack but I suspect that most of us have said things about coworkers that we would be horrified if they were recorded and leaked publicly (hopefully not race focused but about their appearance, intelligence, integrity, etc etc).  So this may be both a revealing look into deep and significant flaws in Nichol's character and at the same time may be blowing off steam in private and something (camera left on and picking it up and then made public by another coworker) that we should all be grateful hasn't happened to us.

Seems like the whole situation is a mess including the 'fortuitous' timing with respect to increasing the leverage on ESPN to resign Taylor during the final weeks of her contract negotiations.  If that recording sat in a non-public place for the last year and just happened to be coincidently leaked at this time I'll be very surprised.  Seems pretty calculated.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Definitely a dumb move but the internet may have survived over the last year in part due to a compilation of clips of people not realizing they left their cameras on while they picked their nose, took off their pants, did embarrassing dances, etc.  This is a bit more malicious than those because she is bad talking a colleague and using race to make the attack but I suspect that most of us have said things about coworkers that we would be horrified if they were recorded and leaked publicly (hopefully not race focused but about their appearance, intelligence, integrity, etc etc).  So this may be both a revealing look into deep and significant flaws in Nichol's character and at the same time may be blowing off steam in private and something (camera left on and picking it up and then made public by another coworker) that we should all be grateful hasn't happened to us.

Seems like the whole situation is a mess including the 'fortuitous' timing with respect to increasing the leverage on ESPN to resign Taylor during the final weeks of her contract negotiations.  If that recording sat in a non-public place for the last year and just happened to be coincidently leaked at this time I'll be very surprised.  Seems pretty calculated.

You're not wrong.  If y'all could read the stuff I say about the mods behind their backs, whew .. 😯

Also agree the timing of this coming out makes it all the more juicy.

• Haha 3

@kg01 I found wifey.. this is the IT chick. Now I kinda know why you love ❤️ her. Spicy 🥵 kinda take no prisoners reactions. Damn. We might have to fight for her.. :boxing:

Becky Hammon was one of the Portland Trail Blazers' leading candidates to become head coach, but the job ultimately went to Chauncey Billups.

“I’m not mad,” Hammon said. “This is the business, and it’s a very competitive business. But, at the end of the day, throw everything out the window — if you want to hire me, you’ll find a reason to hire me. And if you don’t want to hire me, you’ll find that reason, too. And that’s just that.”

Hammon will remain an assistant coach for the San Antonio Spurs next season and she feels like the Blazers already had their preferred target during the process. 

“I knew I was second; I knew who they wanted. And I’m OK with that, because every race I’ve gotten into my entire life, I’ve been behind, and I’m OK with that. And that’s just how it is — but at the same time, I’m not ignorant to what I’m going up against.”

Hammon also said she felt the Blazers were “authentic” in their coaching search.

• Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

“I’m not mad,” Hammon said. “This is the business, and it’s a very competitive business. But, at the end of the day, throw everything out the window — if you want to hire me, you’ll find a reason to hire me. And if you don’t want to hire me, you’ll find that reason, too. And that’s just that.”

This part got me.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470rk125furzellm6w21

This was the basketball equivalent of, "If you like it then you woulda put a rang on it ..."

Get 'em, Becki!

On another note, the Sexton-available rumor just hit the GB on RgM.  I've started by subtle troll campaign against the Stinkwater guy.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This part got me.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e470rk125furzellm6w21

This was the basketball equivalent of, "If you like it then you woulda put a rang on it ..."

Get 'em, Becki!

On another note, the Sexton-available rumor just hit the GB on RgM.  I've started by subtle troll campaign against the Stinkwater guy.

My testicles shrunk in a good way. :indifferent:

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Stinkwater

A little class. Please, it’s Stillwater! :mellow:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Thought this would be a good place to put this… we can use the release launch posters as floor mats. :blink: F Luka, I want my own Trae cover. 

Man I'd made the decision not to buy the game anyways since it's basically the same version as like 2010 er 2013 just with new ways to try to extract money outta you in career/franchise modes.

But the cover isn't gonna do them any favors especially with the come down to earth I'm expecting outta DAL.

• Like 1

Speaking of the DAL conversation, listening to Braaad's podcast with Tyler Jones and Jones brought up something I kinda knew but didn't highlight in my criticism of their former coach.

The guy won the title but hadn't been outta the 1st round in over 10 years or stte.  Yeah, color me even more uninspired by the Pacers hire.  They'll be an also-ran playoff team just off the fact that no one else in the east got better (enough) to surpass IND as a play-in team.

• Confused 1