• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just Curious (Damian Jones post)

sillent

Just curious to know if some have softened their stance or opened up to Damian Jones yet? I will be honest he still hasn't shown what I know he's capable of to max capacity. I just wanted to know if some of us were starting to see the light of day. When I said he would be a surprise in Dedmon's capacity (meaning an unknown that would be a pleasant surprise) some were in complete disagreement. Again I didn't ever say he would be hitting 3's like Dedmon (although I think that's still to come) but I did say he would surprise & I'm curious to hear a couple thoughts now. Would you still rather have an overweight Spellman? The only reason he's in shape now is because he needed a fire lit under him but I always thought Bruno and Parker would replace him accurately. Jones to me was not only a bonus but would fill a need that we didn't have which was an athletic "7fter". After the new "measurements" not sure he's 7ft anymore but hopefully y'all get the point on Travis view to replace Dedmon not necessarily Spellman whose position would have started to get redundant with Collins & Bruno(I think ultimately he still might be better suited for pf) & Parker to boot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sillent said:

Just curious to know if some have softened their stance or opened up to Damian Jones yet? I will be honest he still hasn't shown what I know he's capable of to max capacity. I just wanted to know if some of us were starting to see the light of day. When I said he would be a surprise in Dedmon's capacity (meaning an unknown that would be a pleasant surprise) some were in complete disagreement. Again I didn't ever say he would be hitting 3's like Dedmon (although I think that's still to come) but I did say he would surprise & I'm curious to hear a couple thoughts now. Would you still rather have an overweight Spellman? The only reason he's in shape now is because he needed a fire lit under him but I always thought Bruno and Parker would replace him accurately. Jones to me was not only a bonus but would fill a need that we didn't have which was an athletic "7fter". After the new "measurements" not sure he's 7ft anymore but hopefully y'all get the point on Travis view to replace Dedmon not necessarily Spellman whose position would have started to get redundant with Collins & Bruno(I think ultimately he still might be better suited for pf) & Parker to boot.

I think he is making progress.  His last few games have been encouraging.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Spud2nique called it - Jones starting with Trae would be effective in the PnR lob.

Thanks Bird. I hope 🤞🏽 he can use that body like he did last night more often. It’s weird it feels like our centers can raise their games to another level but don’t for some reason consistently.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2019 at 9:36 AM, Spud2nique said:

Thanks Bird. I hope 🤞🏽 he can use that body like he did last night more often. It’s weird it feels like our centers can raise their games to another level but don’t for some reason consistently.

When Trae goes off the floor there is not so much to raise at the moment. Feel we just have to give Bruno his earning lumps minutes each game though no matter what. Hopefully by the late season he can give us more than the other two. 

• Like 2