• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Countdown to December 15th

NBASupes

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, High5 said:

I don't see Schlenk giving up assets to make a playoff push when we're 5-17. And I honestly don't think he should. 

I agree.

If any moves are made it'll be around the trade deadline. That way he'll see where the team is after John returns and with hopefully a very healthy Huerter and everyone else.

After JC returns, we'll have 22 games before the trade deadline. I haven't looked closely enough at the shedule to speculate on our win loss record.

We are currently 5-17, same as we were last year after 22 games.

Last season, we were 7-23 after 30 games.

We have 8 games left to play before JC returns, which ironically will be 30 games. Will we better that 7-23 or at least break even.  We play HorCats, Heat, Bulls, Pacers, Lakers, Knicks, Jazz and Nets - can we win at least 2 games to stay on pace with last season?

• Like 1

Could we be the third man in a trade where we take on salary in exchange for a piece?  Ex. Like netting a guy like Beasley from DEN if they trade for Gallinari or something. 

No, I'm not saying specifically Beasley, just a player like that

• Like 4

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Even if we don't make the playoffs, I would like to see us closer to the route of competing and really building a team so we are a FA destination without just someone wanting to be overpaid

Oh, I get that. I just don't see a move until TS sees what we actually look like with JC and healthy core.

Besides, the 2020 FA class isn't really stellar.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The biggest problem with being a bad team is you become anathema to free agents. If we have a bottom 5 record no free agents are coming here, even with Trae.

They will come but want a king's ransom. That's bad business and hurts us in 2021. We need to show that we are looking like we could be a playoff team so we can get steals for cheaper cost. No Alex Lens for 5-6 million and Arizas for 15-17

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Excerpt from TS Interview via The Athletic:

Q:;When we talk about free agency, this team is projected to have more than $70 million in cap space. Is the plan to find guys who fit the timeline of this team or to find more veteran-types of players?

A: We’ve got several guys who are on expiring deals and only two picks this year, so we’re going to have to plug holes. I think what you’re probably asking or the correct answer to what you’re asking is it’s going to depend on the kind of player it is. If it’s an older player, it’ll probably be a shorter-term contract like we’ve done in the past. If it’s a younger player who we think is a good fit for our group, then I think we’re in a good position, because of our cap flexibility moving forward, to look at a longer-term contract.

Travis ain't gonna do nothing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Another ☝️ of ur OG’s a couple years back I recall. And...

It was pre-Heurter so that's why I no longer have interest.  The Hernangomez dude may be a fit for us if he weren't set to become a free agent and we could just sign him in a few months.

• Like 2

In the same article: 

“As far as whether or not we’re going to make a trade, like every team, teams are getting more communicative with the 15th (first day players who signed contracts this summer can be traded) coming up. We’ll look at doing deals that make sense for us. Is it a deal that is going to net us a pick? Is it a deal that is going to get a better player? We’re fortunate to have a lot of expiring contracts. We’re fortunate to have a lot of young players that teams like, so we’re going to look and see what makes the most sense for us.”

- TS

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ferguson? I think OKC wants to keep him but he’s one of those bench building blocks on a good/great team. 

He may not be a starter but I still like him.

I used to like him too but, again, that was pre-Heurter/Redd/Hunt.  I think we're at a point where we're needing to see how them guys pan out.  It's not like Ferg has done anything to distinguish himself over them.

I think we need bigs n' backups.  Energy/defense guys.  What Bembry is supposed to be.  Now that Bemb is tryna earn a contract, he's tryna do too much.  He's being real offensive in a lotta ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I used to like him too but, again, that was pre-Heurter/Redd/Hunt.  I think we're at a point where we're needing to see how them guys pan out.  It's not like Ferg has done anything to distinguish himself over them.

I think we need bigs n' backups.  Energy/defense guys.  What Bembry is supposed to be.  Now that Bemb is tryna earn a contract, he's tryna do too much.  He's being real offensive in a lotta ways.

But isn’t Ferguson what Bembry should be? 

But where’s the spoon 🥄 ahaaaaa!! Ahhhhaaaaa!!!

• Premium Member

TS on Playoffs this year:

Q: In your sincerity, is the goal to try to turn this thing around and get into the playoffs? 

Our goals haven’t changed. Our goals are always going to be to try to get better and try to win games. We’re not going to be one of those teams that pulls players down the stretch just to increase their lottery odds. We’re going to keep playing. As far as whether or not we’re going to make a trade, like every team, teams are getting more communicative with the 15th (first day players who signed contracts this summer can be traded) coming up. We’ll look at doing deals that make sense for us. Is it a deal that is going to net us a pick? Is it a deal that is going to get a better player? We’re fortunate to have a lot of expiring contracts. We’re fortunate to have a lot of young players that teams like, so we’re going to look and see what makes the most sense for us.

• Like 3