• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young getting help soon per Shams

johnnyde

Mods - I hope this is OK to post since it is just part of the article. If not, you can delete.

I just saw someone posted this news in the other thread - feel free to delete Mods (I don't see how to delete it myself).

(TheAthletic Link added ~lw3: https://theathletic.com/1445263/)

Atlanta Hawks
Frustration has been mounting within the Hawks organization at times and league sources say it resulted in an emotional locker room scene involving star point guard Trae Young following a recent loss. The Hawks have lost 11 of their past 13 games, including eight by double digits. They have won two of their past three, though. After a 130-118 home loss to Brooklyn on Wednesday, one high-ranking team official was seen telling Young that the team would be getting him some help on the roster soon, according to multiple sources. The trade deadline is about two months away.

The frustration among Hawks ownership, the front office and players should not come as much of a surprise because of the losses that have been piling up and postgame flare-ups are far from abnormal.

To be fair, Atlanta (6-17) has been without John Collins due to a 25-game performance-enhancing drug suspension and had Kevin Huerter on a minutes restriction to start the season before he missed time with a shoulder injury. Those are two key pieces in the Hawks’ rotation that have been missing. The team could look to replenish its lack of veteran presence on the roster prior to the trade deadline.

• Like 4

I’m not shocked trae is very frustrated looking in most these games . He’s putting up all star numbers in just year 2 but the team can’t get any wins. I understand development of other players but it’s very hard to make trae understand that though he will probably publicly say he does but it sucks cause the dude has advanced so much in just year 2...the other young talents are very much behind where he is including Collins ...they just aren’t on his level 

Just now, kg01 said:

As I said in the other thread, I don't trust Sham on this kind of thing.  Likely what was overheard wasn't as explosive as it sounds.  Getting our injured players back technically constitutes "getting Trae help".

If it's much more than that, we could be seeing an improper rebuild acceleration when the reality is us simply playing better and with more pride goes as far towards "helping" Trae as a knee-jerk acquisition does.

Technically yes but I hope help is also coming 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Technically yes but I hope help is also coming 

What genuine vet help is actually available for less than a massive overpay though?

We could get somebody like Bazemore probably (he'd actually help us if you really think about it), but that doesn't qualify as meter-moving.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

If Travis suddenly starts pushing the pedal to the floor, I suspect that it's not so much about an impatient Trae but an impatient T.R.A.E. (Tony Ressler Aggravating Everybody).

~lw3

Tony is wise to want to win. Just as long as it doesn't compromise our draft assets or key building block assets like the special 5 plus Bruno.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, High5 said:

He hasn't forced his way out of Atlanta yet. 

This is also probably a non-story if I had to guess. 1) If there isn't frustration in the locker room after a loss then something is wrong with that team. 2) Getting help soon could simply mean players returning or soon could be next season. 

You’re right it could be all speculation, so we will see how things play out over the next few months. But if we start making moves....