• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young getting help soon per Shams

johnnyde

Just now, EazyRoc said:

You’re right it could be all speculation, so we will see how things play out over the next few months. But if we start making moves....

But hasn't making moves always been part of the plan? The FA class next year sucks and the Hawks only have like 6 players under contract with 70+ Mil to spend. Making trades has always seemed like the prudent way to grow the roster in the short term, imo. 

I don't think the Hawks making moves really proves anything. Trae is unhappy that they are losing. A lot of people are unhappy. Doesn't mean he's demanding a trade to get out of Atlanta. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This might be a lot of click bait going on. We aren’t in a situation to get the kind of help that this article suggests and moreover there are no stars on the move out there.

This suggests we land a mega star not a bandaid 🩹 type relief. There are no stars out there.

Ill say this right now, if Schlenk is thinking about dealing any of our young assets or picks to his old employer for Draymond, I’m gonna cry 😢 then probably lose my mind.

At the right price, I like

Adams

Tristan Thompson

Jusuf Nurkic

I do like the fact that Trae is announcing to the world that he doesn’t like losing though. We’ve never had a guy like that...ever.

Those are three nice pieces to help shore up our rebounding woes; then its up to Trae, Collins, Huerter, and the 2019 picks to do what they do while getting better. Nurkic announced he will not be back this season though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This might be a lot of click bait going on. We aren’t in a situation to get the kind of help that this article suggests and moreover there are no stars on the move out there.

This suggests we land a mega star not a bandaid 🩹 type relief. There are no stars out there.

Ill say this right now, if Schlenk is thinking about dealing any of our young assets or picks to his old employer for Draymond, I’m gonna cry 😢 then probably lose my mind.

At the right price, I like

Adams

Tristan Thompson

I do like the fact that Trae is announcing to the world that he doesn’t like losing though. We’ve never had a guy like that...ever.

In your mind, what's the right price for Adams and TT?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Sure but it is very one sided and doesn't help OKC at all ... getting out of one more year of Dennis' contract isn't all that.

15.5 million is worth a 15-20 1st round pick. To say it's not all that is BS. 

I am trying to find the one sided in it if we are talking purely trade value. 

Now as far as true value, yes but trade value, it's a steal for a rebuilding team which OKC considers itself. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In your mind, what's the right price for Adams and TT?

For Tristan it would be Turner or Crabbe..somebody that expires like Tristan at the end of the year. For their trouble I’d throw in a second rounder.

For Adams, I’d send a future first whether from OKC themselves or the Nets pick. Adams is signed for this year at 25 and next year at 27mill. Considering what he does on the court, it takes a TON of pressure off Trae. He’s durable. I’d throw in a first. We can afford it right now. Not our own first but either the Thunder 2022 but even the 2020 Nets pick is personally do it.

Plus Steven Adams in the east is a different animal. It would propel us I hope we do it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

For Tristan it would be Turner or Crabbe..somebody that expires like Tristan at the end of the year. For their trouble I’d throw in a second rounder.

For Adams, I’d send a future first whether from OKC themselves or the Nets pick. Adams is signed for this year at 25 and next year at 27mill. Considering what he does on the court, it takes a TON of pressure off Trae. He’s durable. I’d throw in a first. We can afford it right now. Not our own first but either the Thunder 2022 but even the 2020 Nets pick is personally do it.

Plus Steven Adams in the east is a different animal. It would propel us I hope we do it.

I agree on Adams. I think his value might be too high for Travis taste. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't really like Adams. He is Tyson Chandler without any blocking ability at all. If we are going to move picks for guys I'd rather go knock on Portland's door for an injured Nurkic and see what it would take. 

I also think this whole "help is on the way" was just referring to Red Velvet and JC coming back. Our two rookies have been huge disappointments so far so there's no help there this season. It has to be frustrating for Young to be an All NBA level point guard and have spare parts from a G league team around him soaking up major minutes.

I was hoping that frustration would wait until the off season. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I predict a fringe all star player will be wearing a Hawks uniform in two weeks.

3908845.png&w=350&h=254

He wouldn't have been a "fringe" All Star If he had made better decisions. Barring injury, he was clearly on his way to the All Star game before his suspension. He not only cost the team some very winnable games, he also cost himself a chance at being recognized as one of the NBA's best power forwards and some serious $$$. I apologize. Like another poster stated, seeing his face makes me mad all over again. With all that said, he can't come back soon enough. 

• Like 4

I don’t think any of this is false just to add. Trae doesn’t do a good job hiding his emotions after a awesome ass offensive performance to go along with a loss.

many smiles at first after those 30 + pts and 9 assist performances but as time went on he showed his frustration without even opening his mouth in those post game interviews.

i just hope Schlenk and the front office realize and take his frustrations seriously. It’s been too long that this franchise hasn’t had star talent so as a big time fan I say move cautiously with traes feelings ....unfortunately this is just how stars are today and if you think he’s not paying attention to his stat line of the numbers he’s putting up y’all are fools.

under his rookie contract or not I wouldn’t mess with traes emotions being that we’re the hawks . Now if we were say the lakers or Celtics and had that kind of respect...that kind of prestige....I may tell trae to f*** off and be patient 😂......but it don’t work like that 

I’m not saying cater to his every want but I am saying even as a second year pro please don’t take his emotions if it’s nothing. Sadly that’s just what it’s come to , to most these nba franchises that can’t get over the hump like us.