• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young getting help soon per Shams

johnnyde

46 minutes ago, sillent said:

I thought we were getting help not an old reunion/possible roster issue with Trae/Dennis. Dennis has been ok in okc as a backup but he won't be happy in that roll for long. Mike Muscala is like Parsons after injury (Even Bud doesn't want him). Noel will make us miss what Jones is becoming & will become. We'll lose alot of our defense energy without Bembry & lose him as he finally finds his niche/groove in the league. Gallinari/Parker is a wash.

This trade would change our dynamics in 3-5yrs but not for the better. It's lateral at best.

I disagree other than the Mike Muscala part where I agree.

Gallinari is not a wash with Parker.

Noel is much better than Jones and fits what we do a lot more as well.

Dennis has been a backup for 2 years, he will be fine.

Lateral, not at all.

@AHF

@Buzzard

@Spud2nique

is this a lateral move to you guys?

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree other than the Mike Muscala part where I agree.

Gallinari is not a wash with Parker.

Noel is much better than Jones and fits what we do a lot more as well.

Dennis has been a backup for 2 years, he will be fine.

Lateral, not at all.

@AHF

@Buzzard

@Spud2nique

is this a lateral move to you guys?

No, we are getting a good BU PG and a much better shooter in Gallinari vs Parker. Noel vs Jones is a matter of perspective. I think Noel is a much better traditional center and Jones might one day be a better rim runner. Might for Jones is the keyword, right now Noel is just better.

I think right now as it stands:

Schröder is more valuable then Bembry.

Gallinari is more valuable than Parker.

Noel is just better than Jones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This might be a lot of click bait going on. We aren’t in a situation to get the kind of help that this article suggests and moreover there are no stars on the move out there.

This suggests we land a mega star not a bandaid 🩹 type relief. There are no stars out there.

Ill say this right now, if Schlenk is thinking about dealing any of our young assets or picks to his old employer for Draymond, I’m gonna cry 😢 then probably lose my mind.

At the right price, I like

Adams

Tristan Thompson

Jusuf Nurkic

I do like the fact that Trae is announcing to the world that he doesn’t like losing though. We’ve never had a guy like that...ever.

Bring on Draymond!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

No, we are getting a good BU PG and a much better shooter in Gallinari vs Parker. Noel vs Jones is a matter of perspective. I think Noel is a much better traditional center and Jones might one day be a better rim runner. Might for Jones is the keyword, right now Noel is just better.

I think Jones is a better rim runner but Noel is a better offensive player in general. Defensively, Jones is terrible while Noel is one of the best in the NBA. 

I don't see Noel as a traditional big. I see him more in the mold of Larry Sanders 

I think Bembry and Dennis are close to be Frank in general values

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, marco102 said:

Trae literally has no power for anything for about 5 more years.  If the team around him isn't decent then, then I'll support Trae and his efforts to get out of town. I might ride out with him.

No actually he's in year 2 and the team only has contractual control on rookie contracts for 4 years, thats 2 years from now. How do you compute 5 years?

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I'd respond to you Supes but I agree with Buzz's assessment to a T and your response about Jones being the better rim runner today.  @NBASupes  No need to repeat what you guys just said!

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

No actually he's in year 2 and the team only has contractual control on rookie contracts for 4 years, thats 2 years from now. How do you compute 5 years?

Not sure how he got 5 years, but we have at least 1 year of additional control after the 4 year rookie contract ends which normally turns into a multi-year extension when the rookie becomes a RFA.  That gives us a minimum of a little over 3.5 additional years of control (assuming Trae doesn't go to Greece or something ala Chillz) and more typically would convert into something like 5.5-6.5 years.  

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not sure how he got 5 years, but we have at least 1 year of additional control after the 4 year rookie contract ends which normally turns into a multi-year extension when the rookie becomes a RFA.  That gives us a minimum of a little over 3.5 additional years of control (assuming Trae doesn't go to Greece or something ala Chillz) and more typically would convert into something like 5.5-6.5 years.  

But if he signs a 5 year deal once he’s a RFA that’s like an additional 8 years all together including right now I believe....which is an extremely long time to get it right but I doubt he signs a 5 year deal with us when he’s a RFA unless we are doing extremely good to a point where we look like championship contenders 

Edited by JTB

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I said about five more years before we have anything to worry about.  Two more years on his rookie deal.  Then RFA where another team can give him a four year max, but the Hawks can match so the Hawks still have control over him. Subtracted out the last year because he could demand a trade about that time 6 years - 1 year = about 5 years before we have anything to worry about. 

Edited by marco102

16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am probably going to get banned to. Just told the Mavs fans and Lukastans to stop masturbating to Luka's name in Hawks threads 🙂

Buzz 🐝...follow along..

You are on the beach 🏝..u feel ur feet 🦶 hit the sand...the waves 🌊 are breaking nicely...

Oh, and obviously there are no Luka fans on the beach 🏖 we made sure of that so you can relax ...

Enjoy.. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hawks fans

What did you call yourself? 🤨 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thank you! Now - can we get back to our regularly schedule programming?  

Much ado about nothing.

Everybody 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Only if... I GET A CAAAARRRRR!!! 🚙 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Not sensitive. If you would have read the post, it was more about defending the threads purpose and telling the Mavs fans and Lukastans to stay on topic. In a very smart ass way; but they had it coming.

Why in nearly every thread does Luka have to be brought up, and it's not Luka trolls on our board, it's actually the same squawkers that are irritated by either Luka or Lukastans and feel the need to bring them up completely unsolicited and off topic. Enough.

Edited by bleachkit