• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoke and then the fire....

HawkItus

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Prepare for a Baynes/Wiseman/Bruno or Baynes/Okongwu/Bruno

Noticed often that when Boston started Baynes at C and Horf at PF they were better, at least to me. Morris was grumbling a bit with that lineup would think but anyway am saying Baynes was just much better than I realized because I don't remember seeing him on the floor much in Detroit. Guess that shows how few Piston games I see anymore. Baynes would be a nice fit between JC and Hunter and could have plenty of minutes do think.

Well, someone tried to tell you that this was how this rebuild was going to go.  That person kept getting told that year three was going to be the first year to make a playoff push.  Well, it’s year three, and this team is no closer to the playoffs than they were in year one.  

You can’t win with youth in the NBA.  You have to have veterans, and you have to have leaders on the floor.  The Hawks have neither.  They were blinded by the stronger than expected finish with the young trio of Young, Huerter, and Collins last season and eschewed adding veterans to that mix.  

The head coach is completely overmatched at this point because he was hired to absorb the losses.  

All of this was predictable right down to the premise that Tony Ressler is growing impatient, even though it was his idea to strip the team down to the bare studs and try to build it back up through the draft.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Thomas said:

Think maybe you have been taking the red pill instead of the blue one guy. Your sarcasm doesn't always show up in text so it gave me the phony opening/post/response opportunity here. Thanks.

I’m working on being wittier. Trying to acquire a bit of grace if you will. 😊 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Well, someone tried to tell you that this was how this rebuild was going to go.  That person kept getting told that year three was going to be the first year to make a playoff push.  Well, it’s year three, and this team is no closer to the playoffs than they were in year one.  

You can’t win with youth in the NBA.  You have to have veterans, and you have to have leaders on the floor.  The Hawks have neither.  They were blinded by the stronger than expected finish with the young trio of Young, Huerter, and Collins last season and eschewed adding veterans to that mix.  

The head coach is completely overmatched at this point because he was hired to absorb the losses.  

All of this was predictable right down to the premise that Tony Ressler is growing impatient, even though it was his idea to strip the team down to the bare studs and try to build it back up through the draft.  

I remember saying we had a decent chance to make the playoffs in 3 year when Bud was still the coach. That changed when he bounced, which I also said at the time. Most of us didn't expect the playoffs this season (check the prediction thread) and certainly not after John's suspension. I'm very confident in the playoffs next season and 3 losing seasons would be a reasonable rebuild given our desolate starting point. The Warriors, for instance, lost FOUR seasons in a row before the start of their dynasty.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Image result for dana carvey satan gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I can't like this post.  But I can admit that you were correct.  The only thing that can save this season even a little bit, is if the rookies continue to improve throughout the year, and if Collins can somehow spark a dramatic turnaround to what we've seen so far.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m working on being wittier. Trying to acquire a bit of grace if you will. 😊 

Graceful or not you are witty and funny as hell. Greatly needed stuff around these parts. Its appreciated.

• Like 2

So for the told us so stuff. Who saw a suspension for JC? And I do admit I thought we had at least an average center in Len because of rebounding and he was finishing around the basket in the last thirty or so games last year. Was dead wrong about him for this season, what a serious regression. Thought Hunter would be a smoother plug in at SF. We pretty much all knew the Turner thing wouldn't work out, at least not as a Trae backup anyway. And we all regretting seeing Dedmon walk. Add Huerter's constant injury stuff and my expectations have been pretty shot this season. Had predicted 42 wins but now want to see us just be more consistently competitive such as we were in the Pacers and Jazz games. Grab some wins with JC back. Flaws abound but we can be better with everyone available. We'll see about that trade deadline stuff soon enough, I wake up thinking about moving those expirings.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

So for the told us so stuff. Who saw a suspension for JC? And I do admit I thought we had at least an average center in Len because of rebounding and he was finishing around the basket in the last thirty or so games last year. Was dead wrong about him for this season, what a serious regression. Thought Hunter would be a smoother plug in at SF. We pretty much all knew the Turner thing wouldn't work out, at least not as a Trae backup anyway. And we all regretting seeing Dedmon walk. Add Huerter's constant injury stuff and my expectations have been pretty shot this season. Had predicted 42 wins but now want to see us just be more consistently competitive such as we were in the Pacers and Jazz games. Grab some wins with JC back. Flaws abound but we can be better with everyone available. We'll see about that trade deadline stuff soon enough, I wake up thinking about moving those expirings.  

I felt this season would be a step back from last season when Travis didn’t make any moves to secure any veteran players in the off season.  Getting another top 3 pick in the 2020 draft will generate excitement in the fan base, but it will not move the needle much next year relative to winning games.

This season has been worse than expected so far due to the absence of John, but if you really felt this team would compete for a playoff spot this year, you were whistling Dixie.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Nah, I think I'm just gonna wait a year and for things to get better.  Then come back and try to act all holier than thou and 'I told you so'y

Gotta give him credit for his patience. He’s been stewing for a year after being proven wrong (didn’t he predict like 15 wins last season?) and waited for our low point right before John’s return to get in his “I told you so.” If we win tonight we may never see him again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, High5 said:

Gotta give him credit for his patience. He’s been stewing for a year after being proven wrong (didn’t he predict like 15 wins last season?) and waited for our low point right before John’s return to get in his “I told you so.” If we win tonight we may never see him again. 

You can keep trying to say I’ve been wrong about this all you want.  The fact is, this team is right where I said they would be three years ago.  They are three years into this “rebuild”, and there is absolutely no hope for the playoffs.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You can keep trying to say I’ve been wrong about this all you want.  The fact is, this team is right where I said they would be three years ago.  They are three years into this “rebuild”, and there is absolutely no hope for the playoffs.  

I don’t have to try to say anything. You left a bunch of receipts. That’s why you went into hiding.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, High5 said:

Hah, nah he gets no credit from me.  And I won't further acknowledge his existence, for atleast a year, unless he eats the requisite amount of crow.

9 minutes ago, High5 said:

I don’t have to try to say anything. You left a bunch of receipts. That’s why you went into hiding.

Kobe-Reaction1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, High5 said:

Then again . . . random people in this forum have been saying his name since the Squawk returned.   So when you say his name too much, he will return . . like Beetlejuice.

Collins' absence may have cost us 4 games.  The coach, even without Collins, DEFINITELY cost us 3 games.

It's OK to admit that, up to this point, the guy has been more right than wrong.

• Like 1