• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoke and then the fire....

HawkItus

1 hour ago, High5 said:

1) Does no one proofread? I quickly read through it once and had two typos jump out at me.

2) I feel like Schultz is making some assumptions here and passing them on as fact:

"Young, frustrated by the lack of roster support and perceived lack of effort at times by teammates, said some things in the locker room he probably shouldn’t have, and it didn’t go over well"

Trae's frustration was reported, but we don't know exactly what he was frustrated about, what he said, or how it went over.

"Schlenk is trying to get the Hawks some help, but it’s not really trading season, yet."

When did Schlenk say he was trying to trade for help? Someone posted a small recap from the Q&A where Schlenk apparently said he plans to address center in the draft and/or free agency and he's looking to bring Brandon Goodwin up soon. Also that our expiring contracts are our most valuable trade pieces (that he's willing to part with I assume) but they will be hard to move. 

"Owner Tony Ressler is not taking things well."

Based on what? A past reference to competitiveness and impatience? I suppose Schlenk reiterated the point, but Ressler keeping the pressure on Schlenk doesn't necessarily mean he's not taking things well. 

Maybe I'm wrong, it's just obnoxious how everyone is all too excited to report on whatever drama they can find/manufacture from our low point. That's the way the media works, though. I thought the article was fine otherwise.

Thank you.  Sadly, this is what "journalism" has come to.  Just produce content, worry about the "facts" later when no one's paying attention anymore.

What's worse is this all stems from the same erroneous "report" from last week.  Ridiculous.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

To me it's not whether it's fair or not.  It's was there any news or insight?  I think there was zero.  Like you're standing out front of your burning house and the neighbor comes over and says 'your house is on fire'.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

But would Bird 🦅 get a sheshier sheshed? 🤨 

source.gif

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Get outta here??? People actually do that? 🤔 It’s the first I’ve heard of such a thing. 😉 

Think maybe you have been taking the red pill instead of the blue one guy. Your sarcasm doesn't always show up in text so it gave me the phony opening/post/response opportunity here. Thanks.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

To me it's not whether it's fair or not.  It's was there any news or insight?  I think there was zero.  Like you're standing out front of your burning house and the neighbor comes over and says 'your house is on fire'.

"But, in all fairness, your house was on fire.  Blah, blah, blah ..." - bleach-head

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interesting from TS that he acknowledges everything and as expected doesn't want to make any moves based on the market which I figured from the people I spoke to. The Hawks will likely be active on the trade market as well if they can find the right deal. 

Prepare for a Baynes/Wiseman/Bruno or Baynes/Okongwu/Bruno

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Say what you want but Schultz has access to the Hawks.  Some folks have the butthurt because of what has happened this year.  Schultz is dead on in his assessment of the franchise.  No doubt the Turner trade was bad, it's obvious.   Not resigning  dedmon may have been worse.  Dedmon like most players want to win and see a rebuild that keeps them from winning when they are vets.  Tony is not happy and neither is Trae.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Say what you want but Schultz has access to the Hawks.  Some folks have the butthurt because of what has happened this year.  Schultz is dead on in his assessment of the franchise.  No doubt the Turner trade was bad, it's obvious.   Not resigning  dedmon may have been worse.  Dedmon like most players want to win and see a rebuild that keeps them from winning when they are vets.  Tony is not happy and neither is Trae.  

We could be 0-29 and there will still be those here that somehow rationalize it, and become obstinate and defiant in the face of outside criticism. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Except...Chris Haynes from Yahoo reported pretty much this info 2 days ago. TS and Pierce's radio interviews on local radio earlier in the week relayed much of this info.

So he's not reporting anything new. He's regurgitating stuff and piling on and stating the obvious. That's my issue.

So you have a problem with him as a writer posting the truth?