• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think this garbage ass team would be better with Luka?

NBASupes

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Trae is not a far better passer. Trae's passing might have more flair with the nutmegs and such, but as far as effectiveness goes Luka's passing is excellent. He makes the right read consistently, like LeBron. Trae does not elavate his team enough, he didn't at Oklahoma and he hasn't in the pros. Luka had a 15 assist game last night in just 30 minutes. His third 15 assist game this year. Trae hasn't had a single game with 15 assists or more this season.

I mean ok ...lol luka has a team of vets who can make shots and excel in off ball movement. Luka is a great player but it’s not all him alone.

his team understands spacing and just has a good sense of getting in the right position. We only have one guy that can do that consistently for Trae and that’s Collins with dash of huerter here and there 

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I think Trae thinks he has to carry the team in scoring.   I think if the Hawks actually ran screens for Hunter, Crabbe, and Huerter our offense would be much better.  We just have a free Lance offense.  We have zero post game also.  This is the coaching staff's responsibility.  

PREACH!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't disagree that Luka is better than Trae, the question is simple. If Luka replaced Trae and Cam right now, would this team be better in it's current state?

And the answer isn’t hard...it’s really a simple no way in hell . You can’t win in this league by yourself. Not trae or luka

Luka team is much better than what they get credit for and even Cuban said last season they felt their team was deep but just missing the starting quality players. So they put the work in , in the off season and got luka what he needed.

this whole thing with luka vs trae is bad for Schlenk and this organization cause we will see this argument get blown way out until we get a competitive team is also around trae.

trae growing up so fast is good and bad! It creates arguments and it really starts to place judgement on Schlenk as a gm even though he has made some good picks so far.

but hey Schlenk has already admitted he made some mistakes this off season not too long ago and the only true reason he said that (atleast to me) is because trae has exceeded expectations in year 2 to a point to where he’s having a historic sophomore season and there is just no way Schlenk or anyone could have thought he’d grow up in the nba this fast.

had Schlenk known trae would be playing like this I truly believe he would have been more active in the off season 

we as hawk fans should be happy that year 2 trae is good enough to be a top 5 scorer and assist leader! It’s not just empty stats...Durant wasn’t a top 5 scorer in year 2, neither was AD in his second season just to throw a few names out there that had the stats individually but played on terrible teams.

what’s interesting is I believe lebron was the last top 5 scorer that didn’t make the playoffs and that was in his second season.

Edited by JTB
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

LeBron is a better player than Steve Nash. I know it's not an apples to apples comparison, but there is evidence to suggest the Luka archetype (6-7 point forward) is more likely to succeed than the Trae archetype (6-1 point guard) over the long term. True superstars do not go 6-27, this team is crap but Trae is not getting a complete pass from me.

I’m sorry but this whole post was a load of garbage. You’re a better poster than this. And I wasn’t making an overall comparison; I was rebutting your false premise about Luka being a better playmaker. 

Actually..I’m not sorry. That was some real deal trash.

Edited by EazyRoc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Trae is not a far better passer. Trae's passing might have more flair with the nutmegs and such, but as far as effectiveness goes Luka's passing is excellent. He makes the right read consistently, like LeBron. Trae does not elavate his team enough, he didn't at Oklahoma and he hasn't in the pros. Luka had a 15 assist game last night in just 30 minutes. His third 15 assist game this year. Trae hasn't had a single game with 15 assists or more this season.

🗑 🗑🗑🗑 

This weak arguments has been debunked 1000 times over. You have to actually watch both to even understand. You’re still quoting stats.

To quote @NBASupes

1 Star Post!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Thank you. He's clearly better than Trae. It isn't up for debate. He's also several inches taller and can play multiple positions. He plays better defense than Trae. There's no question who is better.

I love Trae Young but this is like listening to Pacers fans telling themselves Reggie Miller was better than Jordan.

Except no one is trying to push a comparison but his closet groupies.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

(1) And the answer isn’t hard...it’s really a simple no way in hell . You can’t win in this league by yourself. Not trae or luka

(2) Luka team is much better than what they get credit for and even Cuban said last season they felt their team was deep but just missing the starting quality players. So they put the work in , in the off season and got luka what he needed.

(3) this whole thing with luka vs trae is bad for Schlenk and this organization cause we will see this argument get blown way out until we get a competitive team is also around trae.

(4) trae growing up so fast is good and bad! It creates arguments and it really starts to place judgement on Schlenk as a gm even though he has made some good picks so far.

(5) but hey Schlenk has already admitted he made some mistakes this off season not too long ago and the only true reason he said that (atleast to me) is because trae has exceeded expectations in year 2 to a point to where he’s having a historic sophomore season and there is just no way Schlenk or anyone could have thought he’d grow up in the nba this fast.

(6) had Schlenk known trae would be playing like this I truly believe he would have been more active in the off season 

(7) we as hawk fans should be happy that year 2 trae is good enough to be a top 5 scorer and assist leader! It’s not just empty stats...Durant wasn’t a top 5 scorer in year 2, neither was AD in his second season just to throw a few names out there that had the stats individually but played on terrible teams.

(8) what’s interesting is I believe lebron was the last top 5 scorer that didn’t make the playoffs and that was in his second season.

(1) Very true. 

(2) Very true again.

(3) I disagree.  It's a blessing in disguise for us.  What it does ( hopefully ) is create a sense of urgency to put guys around Trae that will make him and the team more successful.  They need to make sure that this is the final year that they're playing for being in the Lottery.  Trae is the guy to build around . . so do it.

(4) It's good and good.  If LP is going to take heat for how the team is playing with the current roster, Schlenk needs to take just as much heat for giving him this roster.  Yes, LP can do a better job in his roster management, player development, and schemes that he runs on offense and defense. The garbage vets we have were acquired by the GM.  So if LP goes, Schlenk has ONE YEAR to turn it around.  Else, he's out the door too, if I was Ressler.

(5) I think with the way he played after the All-Star break, there was every indication that he could at least sustain that level of play.  He was basically a 25 ppg - 9 asst - 5 rebs player after the break last season.  If that didn't give him enough indication that Trae could be very special, WTF was he looking at?

(6) See point #5.   He should've known.  Most of us thought he'd be a high level player this year.  Why didn't the GM?

(7) We Hawks fans shouldn't settle for regression, regardless of the numbers that Trae puts up.  If we're going the mid 2010's Sixers or late 2000's OKC route, we need to be playing all of our young players heavy minutes, AND putting them in the best positions they can be successful in.  As for Trae, we know he can put up the numbers. Now we need to see if he can play a little more smarter and under control.

(8) No sir.  That would be Demarcus Cousins ( 2016 )

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

(1) Very true. 

(2) Very true again.

(3) I disagree.  It's a blessing in disguise for us.  What it does ( hopefully ) is create a sense of urgency to put guys around Trae that will make him and the team more successful.  They need to make sure that this is the final year that they're playing for being in the Lottery.  Trae is the guy to build around . . so do it.

(4) It's good and good.  If LP is going to take heat for how the team is playing with the current roster, Schlenk needs to take just as much heat for giving him this roster.  Yes, LP can do a better job in his roster management, player development, and schemes that he runs on offense and defense. The garbage vets we have were acquired by the GM.  So if LP goes, Schlenk has ONE YEAR to turn it around.  Else, he's out the door too, if I was Ressler.

(5) I think with the way he played after the All-Star break, there was every indication that he could at least sustain that level of play.  He was basically a 25 ppg - 9 asst - 5 rebs player after the break last season.  If that didn't give him enough indication that Trae could be very special, WTF was he looking at?

(6) See point #5.   He should've known.  Most of us thought he'd be a high level player this year.  Why didn't the GM?

(7) We Hawks fans shouldn't settle for regression, regardless of the numbers that Trae puts up.  If we're going the mid 2010's Sixers or late 2000's OKC route, we need to be playing all of our young players heavy minutes, AND putting them in the best positions they can be successful in.  As for Trae, we know he can put up the numbers. Now we need to see if he can play a little more smarter and under control.

(8) No sir.  That would be Demarcus Cousins ( 2016 )

He probably knew Trae would be good, but he didnt know Collins would get suspended, Huerter would get hurt AGAIN, Len would regress as a starter, etc.......He wanted to win some games this season. JUst not too many. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't disagree that Luka is better than Trae, the question is simple. If Luka replaced Trae and Cam right now, would this team be better in it's current state?

If we drafted Luka, do we keep Dennis Schröder?

PG - Schröder

G - Luka

F - Hunter

F - Collins

C - Len

• Like 3

The Luka-Trae thing is bad because Atlanta wanted to add assets and Dallas wants to win now and it makes the fans have expectations. I don't remember the last time we had legit expectations. Even with the Joe teams. Most of the fans really didn't like the team regardless 

• Like 1

Nope this team's record would not be much better with Luka.  He's great, but he ain't dragging this roster to the playoffs. No superstar would.  Not LBJ, not Michael Jordan. 

We are a young team learning how to win.  The Hawks have had tons of leads in the fourth quarter and haven't executed to close them out.  

Let's not rush the process this season. I just want to see more progession from our young players and hopefully some growth from our centers. 

Trae Young is generational.  Tell me how many second year players averaged what he does.  He can and will be a an offensive superstar.  That's generally what makes players superstars any way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

I’m sorry but this whole post was a load of garbage. You’re a better poster than this. And I wasn’t making an overall comparison; I was rebutting your false premise about Luka being a better playmaker. 

Actually..I’m not sorry. That was some real deal trash.

7 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

🗑 🗑🗑🗑 

This weak arguments has been debunked 1000 times over. You have to actually watch both to even understand. You’re still quoting stats.

To quote @NBASupes

1 Star Post!!!

Weak argument? lol. Your pathetic ad hominem attacks are the weak argument. Stats do matter actually. Luka averaging more assists and having more high assist games cannot be dismissed. Your biased homer "eye test" does not mean jack shit. Like I said, Trae has more flair as a passer, but Luka is a better decision maker.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Weak argument? lol. Your pathetic ad hominem attacks are the weak argument. Stats do matter actually. Luka averaging more assists and having more high assist games cannot be dismissed. Your biased homer "eye test" does not mean jack shit. Like I said, Trae has more flair as a passer, but Luka is a better decision maker.

Luka played like 🥵 ass tonight. How’d you like that. 0-6 in threes. Geez. That’s weak as hell broh. He couldn’t hit one stinking three? Geez. Slow average player. Weeeeak dad bod. Gets pushed around and bullied easily. That’s should be his scouting report.

Also, he thinks cats 🐈 r dickheads. 😂 

WHERE DEM LUKER FANS AT?

-Deion Sanders after looking for McCarver 😆 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

PG - Schröder

G - Luka

F - Hunter

F - Collins

C - Len

I doubt we have Hunter. LUka started off his rookie year hot as hell. NO way we get the 8th pick to add with 17 to go get Hunter imo. Probably late lottery at best. We might have Cam though if Travis wanted to move up for him..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

PG - Schröder

G - Luka

F - Hunter

F - Collins

C - Len

REplace Hunter with Taurean. Mightve kept him too. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Yeah because Westbrook is a legendary playmaker. I mean..he averaged a triple double for a whole season. He’s got to be the GOAT right ? 

Go ahead and keep digging yourself deeper. 

• Premium Member

PG - Schröder

G - Luka

F - Hunter

F - Collins

C - Len

That's why these are exercises in futility.

1. Would we have kept Prince.

2. Would our record with Luka last year be such that we would be in position to even have the assets to trade up for Hunter. 

But that was the original question.

• Like 1