[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

Remember we have $4 million plus in room which is what they are after us using.

So for example Drummond for Parsons straight up is pretty much the perfect trade saving Detroit 2 million in salary.

However, you aren't getting that done without either our first (top 3 protected) or the Nets pick + a future pick.

Now for the "Never Drummonders" (yes I'm' patenting that right now), let me take a second to explain how this affects us going forward financially.  Let's assume we give up the Nets pick plus a future 1st top 14 protected.  So the trade is:

Drummond

for

Parsons + Nets 1st + top 14 protected future 1st.

This year, no effect on our cap situation as we are under the cap.

Next year we do the following

Resign Drummond starting at $25 million per season to start (stay with me here).

Resign Len at $10 million per season (suck it AHF).

Resign Bembry at $6 million per season (look I'm making this up, anyone who complains about the signing amounts their opinion is null and void.

Extend a contract at 1 million per year to Brandon Goodwin

and in some world Parker accepts his option.

Our roster stands at 12 as follows with $35.7 million left in cap space.

Trae/Goodwin/Bembry

Huerter/Reddish

Hunter/1st round pick

Collins/Parker

Drummond/Len/Fernando

That is a pretty good start and one that can pull another good signing.  Or we trade the dead weight left this year and build that roster now to encourage Drummond to stay. Take your time and think about it....it isn't Drummond or bust. He is just one of a couple of pieces. Drummond, Len, Parker and Bembry later and we still have $35 million to spend.

• Like 2

If I had to predict a deal if DET decides to trade Drummond to Atlanta. Here is what I think it will be:

Atlanta trades: 

Len

Crabbe

Turner

OKC 1st

DET trades: 

Drummond

Snell

Maker

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygjkz77m

DET saves nearly a million dollars. 

For 2020, this cuts our projected cap of 30 million unless either Snell or Drummond opts out. Gives us about 12 million to spend in free agency to maintain a max slot in 2021 for Giannis. 

Edited by NBASupes

😆 asked for Cam. Well they got balls I’ll givem that. No that’s not happening. It’ll be Chandler Parsons and the Nets pick if it happens. I agree with @REHawksFan that he’s possible Raptors bound. Good to great fit there. Man, if that happened, it honestly wouldn’t completely shock me to see the Raps back in the finals. Ok it’ll be the Bucks but Raps possibly get to round 3. 

@NBASupes please no Morris I’m glad you revised with Snell but I kinda now hope we stay out of the sweepstakes all together. 

If Mavs land Drummond I’ll 🤮 just saying.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11098164

LOLOLOLOL!

It's actually makes sense to opt out and resign under new salary cap.

They were actually discussing this on NBA radio with Cam and AD and they basically said something that made a lot of sense and that was no star ⭐️ in the history of the league has ever stated his intentions before it actually happens. They also mentioned the ring of Lebron/Rich Paul/Ant 🐜 but also brought up what would happen in the event of a first round knockout and the Lakers are sent fishing. 🎣 

Will AD consider the best assist man and his TRUE friend Trae...I mean I’ve seen Ant and Trae pic together never seen Trae with Drummond, just saying.

There is a chance. Slim but still. That’s also possibly why I wanna stay out of the Drummond sweepstakes..better bigs are going to become available in the next 6-18 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Never heard of these guys so don't know if credible...

Well if it is true I’m glad they rejected it ....you’re not getting a young player and cap relief! No way !

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

(( Looking at Cable News )) . . . not good . . . AT ALL.

Meaning ?

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Well if it is true I’m glad they rejected it ....you’re not getting a young player and cap relief! No way !

Meaning ?

Meaning that Iran just attacked 3 US bases in Iraq.  This thing could spiral out of control . . . QUICKLY.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Talking about Iran/US Base? 

Yes sir.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Meaning that Iran just attacked 3 US bases in Iraq.  This thing could spiral out of control . . . QUICKLY.

Yes sir.

It's going to be war. There was never any doubt. Like Bob Marley said, they got to fulfill the book. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He'll get more money in the off-season. 

But what if he doesnt like the LA lifestyle? Atlanta is nice..lol. I mean whos his pg when LBJ retires? Bring him in, and dont let him leave. lol

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

If I had to predict a deal if DET decides to trade Drummond to Atlanta. Here is what I think it will be:

Atlanta trades: 

Len

Crabbe

Turner

OKC 1st

DET trades: 

Drummond

Snell

Maker

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygjkz77m

DET saves nearly a million dollars. 

For 2020, this cuts our projected cap of 30 million unless either Snell or Drummond opts out. Gives us about 12 million to spend in free agency to maintain a max slot in 2021 for Giannis. 

Is this something maybe you heard is the offer perhaps?