• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

7 hours ago, turnermx said:

It makes sense to me because with Adams, he is not only a better fit but he is signed through 20-21 season.  That makes it easier to stomach giving up more without the risk of having a guy walk at the end of 19-20.

If we end up getting Adams, we'll be looking to unload him just like Philly is looking to unload Horford.  No draft picks other than second rounders.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hold ups and market: 

Adams - His market is dead. Too expensive. Paid 10 million per more than he should be. Teams don't have the cap room and he's not a game changer and is position locked. If a deal with Atlanta doesn't happen, he won't be moved. Atlanta is the only team on the market for Adams. 

Bertrans - Has a big market for two 2nds but most of the 2nds aren't that attractive or are future 2nds. What Washington likes about Atlanta is Jabari Parker who they wanted to resign but Parker asked for like 12-13 mil. He only signed with Atlanta when Washington traded for Bertrans and his market was dead. Atlanta was willing to pay him 3 more million than some of the other offers and they sold him on their health center. Washington is seeking a late 1st or just a 1st period but no one wants to do it.

The belief around the league is, Atlanta will spend a lot of money on bench players this summer and Bertrans is one of the names. Harrell is the other but he said Harrell is not available right now. My guess is LAC wants to keep him for the playoff run. Teams see Davis as a full MLE player. Atlanta willing to go as far as 14 million per with multi-years, teams can't do that especially if they want a shot at 2021. 

Horford - Is a lesser target but Philly is looking at a deal with Orlando to bring Evan F. and T. Ross. Orlando would get DeRozan and Orlando would trade a protected 1st to SA and SA would take Parsons while the Hawks get Horford. This one is more unlikely to be honest. Multi-team deals are hard to complete. 

Len - Is attracting interest. They just have to meet Atlanta's price which I don't know what it is yet. 

Poethl - See Len but for SAS. 

Plumlee - Isn't truly available but Denver is open to convo and Atlanta and them have been talking. 

Marvin Williams - He is a buyout option but Atlanta would like to get him as a backup option as a 5th big which they currently lack. Could be a buy low, impact high move. 

Marvin?  Really?  Hey, Shelden Williams is an assistant coach on the College Park team.  We should bring him back too.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Watchman said:

If we end up getting Adams, we'll be looking to unload him just like Philly is looking to unload Horford.  No draft picks other than second rounders.

Adams is signed for 1 season after this, Al is signed for 3 more seasons - I don't get the comparison.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

When they realize how thoroughly mediocre he is, and makes $25 million a year, you bet they will be looking to unload him, just like Philly wants to  unload Horford.

Didn’t we just have this discussion? His contract would not hurt us at all next season and then it’s done. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Didn’t we just have this discussion? His contract would not hurt us at all next season and then it’s done. 

I guess filling up the cap is not very important compared to winning.  If you are going to spend big money, at least get someone who is worth it.

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Neither bring anything significant to the table, and are grossly overpaid.

Drummond too. Why do you thing Detroit wants to move him and is having a hard time moving him.

Not only because he's a FA but because he requested a max contract from them, they countered with a lower offer. 

So he'll be overpaid as well for the next 4 years. 

Overpaid Centers are a thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I guess filling up the cap is not very important compared to winning.  If you are going to spend big money, at least get someone who is worth it.

Like who?

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Drummond too. Why do you thing Detroit wants to move him and is having a hard time moving him.

Not only because he's a FA but because he requested a max contract from them, they countered with a lower offer. 

Overpaying mediocre players is what we have been doing for the last several years.  Plumlee, Parsons, Turner, and the list goes on and on.  We have assumed people would be willing to accept these contracts and give us something worthwhile for them.  We finally got lucky with one of them, and got Teague back.  Adding Adams or Horford to that list just continues to perpetuate this for an indeterminate period.  Don't want Drummond?  Fine, just don't pickup up other overpaid players, when we don't have to. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This. It is a matter of which Center you want to overpay for. Ain't cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Someone other than Adams, Horford, Marvin, and the other guys Supes mentioned earlier.  Should we give up a first round pick just to get Adams for a season?  

Im fine with Adams if we arent giving up much. OKc pick in 2022 I can live with.. I want to compete next year..Not many centers available in FA. Baynes,Noel, Okafur to name a few.  But we'd likely only sign them for a yr or two also ..And theyre not as good as Adams all around imo. Myles Turner is who Id love to get...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Neither bring anything significant to the table, and are grossly overpaid.

Not sure what you exactly believe is significant on the table but I disagree. Both are good contributors in the right situation however neither are perfect and have certain flaws like any player.

Adams in particular would fill more than one major issue we have if we landed him in a trade:

Adams Defense

https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2019/3/8/18255395/defense-steven-adams

Adams Rebounding

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bendowsett/2019/10/08/steven-adams-oklahoma-citys-rebounding-engine-is-now-untethered/#70f4ae921fb4

Like any traditional center he does struggle in the pick and rolls but no matter what center we get unless the guy is very mobile like a nerlens noel that's a problem all teams seem to just live with.

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2019/04/23/okc-thunder-steven-adams-nba-playoffs-defense-liability-problem-pick-and-roll-damian-lillard/

Regardless he brings a lot to the table that this team need. Defense around the goal, great screen setter, power vs the big boys we will face, great finisher around the rim and a very good offensive/defensive rebounder. Good locker room guy too!

Edited by JTB
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Someone other than Adams, Horford, Marvin, and the other guys Supes mentioned earlier.  Should we give up a first round pick just to get Adams for a season?  

Again,  if the option is a 1st for Adams for the rest of this season and next vs trading a 1st for 3 months of Drummond for a chance to overpay him for 4 years in FAcy......I'm making the Adams trade.

• Like 3

Speaking of Trez...I kinda agree with the Execs on how they view him and Beverly.

https://clutchpoints.com/clippers-news-nba-execs-see-montrezl-harrell-patrick-beverley-as-the-weak-links-in-la-title-hopes/

Now for us since we are at the current moment no where near contending level its not something I would consider in our position if I were Schlenk  when making a decision on if we should sign him or not this offseason but if we were contenders I would be concern about how Trez matches up with that long lakers front court or vs the bucks or Philly shall one of those teams make it to the finals.

At 6'7 he plays with a ton of heart but at some point you can't always make up for your height depending on the opponent. IF I were the clippers I would trade Trez for Adams....but hey that's my opinion .

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Again,  if the option is a 1st for Adams for the rest of this season and next vs trading a 1st for 3 months of Drummond for a chance to overpay him for 4 years in FAcy......I'm making the Adams trade.

Drummond supporter and hell even I'm making that trade for Adams over Drummond and I love Drummond.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Criticism without an alternative is empty.  It's real easy to object to every suggestion when you don't have to provide an alternative. But your criticism holds little merit without said alternative 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd pass on either, because there is no way Adams for a season and a half is worth a first round pick.