• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Horford would be a good leader to get back for this young team when you think about it.

collins can learn a lot from Al as well as our other young players. Not to mention horford can still contribute to winning games.

the “only” thing I don’t like about bringing horford back is his age and contract! Horford is good but at this point he’s not worth 27 mil per ! Not that Drummond or Adams is worth that much but with them being younger than Al I’d much rather to pay a younger center 

Huge contract and horrible rebounding though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

From my understanding, yes but not a FRP. Which is why Washington is still waiting and holding out hope that someone will. 

As for Adams, they have the same offer on the table as DET. The difference is, Atlanta might be open to including more which they weren't with Drummond.

Drummond offer was OKC 1st, Jones, and Parsons for Drummond and filler.

I am still under the presumption that neither 1sts in 2020 is on the block at all

Well, then I doubt the Hawks get either Bertans or Adams.

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I can talk now to a degree

We are working on deals with Adams (OKC), Bertrans (WAS), Horford (PHI), Len(PHI), Poelthl (SAS), Plumlee (DEN), Marvin Williams (CHA). All are in framework. I was told teams around the league know about most of these. I can't talk about where we stand with most of these deals but for Adams, it's close and for Bertrans, it's close. 

Both teams are waiting to see if they can get better offers closer to the deadline is all I got as far as more detail. 

Hold ups and market: 

Adams - His market is dead. Too expensive. Paid 10 million per more than he should be. Teams don't have the cap room and he's not a game changer and is position locked. If a deal with Atlanta doesn't happen, he won't be moved. Atlanta is the only team on the market for Adams. 

Bertrans - Has a big market for two 2nds but most of the 2nds aren't that attractive or are future 2nds. What Washington likes about Atlanta is Jabari Parker who they wanted to resign but Parker asked for like 12-13 mil. He only signed with Atlanta when Washington traded for Bertrans and his market was dead. Atlanta was willing to pay him 3 more million than some of the other offers and they sold him on their health center. Washington is seeking a late 1st or just a 1st period but no one wants to do it.

The belief around the league is, Atlanta will spend a lot of money on bench players this summer and Bertrans is one of the names. Harrell is the other but he said Harrell is not available right now. My guess is LAC wants to keep him for the playoff run. Teams see Davis as a full MLE player. Atlanta willing to go as far as 14 million per with multi-years, teams can't do that especially if they want a shot at 2021. 

Horford - Is a lesser target but Philly is looking at a deal with Orlando to bring Evan F. and T. Ross. Orlando would get DeRozan and Orlando would trade a protected 1st to SA and SA would take Parsons while the Hawks get Horford. This one is more unlikely to be honest. Multi-team deals are hard to complete. 

Len - Is attracting interest. They just have to meet Atlanta's price which I don't know what it is yet. 

Poethl - See Len but for SAS. 

Plumlee - Isn't truly available but Denver is open to convo and Atlanta and them have been talking. 

Marvin Williams - He is a buyout option but Atlanta would like to get him as a backup option as a 5th big which they currently lack. Could be a buy low, impact high move. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Well, then I doubt the Hawks get either Bertans or Adams.

Atlanta is said to be patience. They aren't going to do a deal to do a deal. This is really the chess match between OKC/ATL. Because does OKC want to potentially lose their 2020 pick to Philly, it's a tough decision. 

I think the Washington/Atlanta deal gets done right the deadline. 

• Like 3

I like our position and patience.  We have so many assets, it's ridiculous wealth combined with full flexibility.  What we do now (and I don't mean just the deadline, but also through FA and the offseason) is really going to define what this thing is going forward.

I think if you can get Bertans for Parker and a fake first rounder that's a take all day long.

If we like Adams we need to be prepared to move a future first for him, simple as that.  Even if that is technically an overpay, it's never easy to acquire bigs who can fit what you are trying to do.  

Young/Teague

Huerter/Bembry

Hunter/Cam/Marvin?

Collins/Bertans

Adams/Len/Bruno

+ 2020 lottery pick, + 2020 BKN pick, and still at least one max salary slot.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The belief around the league is, Atlanta will spend a lot of money on bench players this summer and Bertrans is one of the names. Harrell is the other but he said Harrell is not available right now.

I’ve been preaching that Schlenk does this over trying to battle it out with everyone in the 2021 free agency.

This is a much smarter move in my opinion. I also suggested going after Vanvleet and Harrell but since we have Teague now I’d much rather keep Teague and either resign Parker or Harrell .

just a thought I know Harrell is better and less injury prone then Parker but I wouldn’t mind keeping Parker. Parker would probably be cheaper. Harrell I can see demanding a good bit of money 

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hold ups and market: 

Adams - His market is dead. Too expensive. Paid 10 million per more than he should be. Teams don't have the cap room and he's not a game changer and is position locked. If a deal with Atlanta doesn't happen, he won't be moved. Atlanta is the only team on the market for Adams. 

Bertrans - Has a big market for two 2nds but most of the 2nds aren't that attractive or are future 2nds. What Washington likes about Atlanta is Jabari Parker who they wanted to resign but Parker asked for like 12-13 mil. He only signed with Atlanta when Washington traded for Bertrans and his market was dead. Atlanta was willing to pay him 3 more million than some of the other offers and they sold him on their health center. Washington is seeking a late 1st or just a 1st period but no one wants to do it.

The belief around the league is, Atlanta will spend a lot of money on bench players this summer and Bertrans is one of the names. Harrell is the other but he said Harrell is not available right now. My guess is LAC wants to keep him for the playoff run. Teams see Davis as a full MLE player. Atlanta willing to go as far as 14 million per with multi-years, teams can't do that especially if they want a shot at 2021. 

Horford - Is a lesser target but Philly is looking at a deal with Orlando to bring Evan F. and T. Ross. Orlando would get DeRozan and Orlando would trade a protected 1st to SA and SA would take Parsons while the Hawks get Horford. This one is more unlikely to be honest. Multi-team deals are hard to complete. 

Len - Is attracting interest. They just have to meet Atlanta's price which I don't know what it is yet. 

Plumlee - Isn't truly available but Denver is open to convo and Atlanta and them have been talking. 

Marvin Williams - He is a buyout option but Atlanta would like to get him as a backup option as a 5th big which they currently lack. Could be a buy low, impact high move. 

They are holding Len to package with Turner as I understand it. They aren't interested in flipping Len to a contender without a ransom. Len is valued around the league for teams with great 3 and D.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, txsting said:

I like our position and patience.  We have so many assets, it's ridiculous wealth combined with full flexibility.  What we do now (and I don't mean just the deadline, but also through FA and the offseason) is really going to define what this thing is going forward.

I think if you can get Bertans for Parker and a fake first rounder that's a take all day long.

If we like Adams we need to be prepared to move a future first for him, simple as that.  Even if that is technically an overpay, it's never easy to acquire bigs who can fit what you are trying to do.  

Young/Teague

Huerter/Bembry

Hunter/Cam/Marvin?

Collins/Bertans

Adams/Len/Bruno

Next year, I want another vet or 2 in the starting lineup..Either at the  2 or 3.  Or Both.  

44 minutes ago, txsting said:

Young/Teague

Huerter/Bembry

Hunter/Cam/Marvin?

Collins/Bertans

Adams/Len/Bruno

Marvin?

41 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’ve been preaching that Schlenk does this over trying to battle it out with everyone in the 2021 free agency.

This is a much smarter move in my opinion. I also suggested going after Vanvleet and Harrell but since we have Teague now I’d much rather keep Teague and either resign Parker or Harrell .

just a thought I know Harrell is better and less injury prone then Parker but I wouldn’t mind keeping Parker. Parker would probably be cheaper. Harrell I can see demanding a good bit of money 

Young/Huerter/Collins/Parker doesn’t work long term. Too bad on defense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hold ups and market: 

Adams and Bertrans: yes please. Get it done yesterday.

Harrell would be super cool in the off-season. Parker's good for a one year rental, but he doesn't need to come back. 

Poethl or Plumlee: ok I guess. A positive move, but not a serious needle mover.

Marvin: completely indifferent one way or another. 

Whorford: DEAR GOD NO. PLEASE DON'T BRING THIS BACK TO ATLANTA. NOT NOW, NOT EVER. NO GOD, PLEASE, NO, NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Hold ups and market: 

Any chance we restart talks with Detroit if we don't get Adams?

19 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

My point is that you can’t afford to play all of these guys big minutes if you expect to win.

The young core is the starters to my understanding so I’m not sure what you mean.

The bench is or will be better vets that can actually contribute to winning when they are on the court  .  It will be LPs job on a nightly basis to roll with who’s hot as far as who plays “big minutes” for that game...but the “plan”  I’m sure is to roll with the young guys to play big minutes as long as they are contributing and getting wins. 

Most of the talk in this thread is in regard to the bench except Adams and Drummond 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2