• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

Update: 

Three involving Atlanta, the rest, other teams in the NBA. 

1. There is this big four team deal being talked about involving an All Star SG. Even potentially a protected 1st in the deal. Atlanta has been rumored to be in talks as well but not for the All Star SG but as an extra team. Not sure our role at this time. Still getting details but I was told, this deal is moving faster than usual. 

2. Philly is looking to add another center. They are targeting Alex Len, Jacob Poeltl and a couple of others. 

3. LAL/MIN/ATL deal fell through which is what I thought when the Teague deal happened without the other pieces I was told about. MIN wanted more value from the Lakers as Covington is one of the most coveted players in this current trade market. 

4. Lakers are worried about their trade options. Bogi is out of reach and MIN has pulled back. They really want another sharpshooter guard. Watch for them to target Luke Kennard. No traction yet but that was his take. 

5. Mentioned a lot of teams are waiting to the summer of 2020 to make trades. 

6. Spurs are a team that's looking to flip players for assets and are potentially sellers if the price is right. 

7. Thinks Iggy will not be traded. Says he thinks the buyout market will have better players than usual but far less than usual as well.   

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. There is this big four team deal being talked about involving an All Star SG. 

Beal on the move?

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

3. LAL/MIN/ATL deal fell through which is what I thought when the Teague deal happened without the other pieces I was told about. MIN wanted more value from the Lakers as Covington is one of the most coveted players in this current trade market. 

What was the framework of that deal?

28 minutes ago, JTB said:

Interesting so Drummond is a definitely likely not to be a trade target they go back to before the trade  deadline comes.

One big part of the value in the Drummond trade was the ability to compete for him once he enters free agency. This is why you sometimes see stars resign with their current team late in the signing period. So if the Hawks were to resign a player like Teague for 8 mil per, but wait while he feels out his value, our cap hit is 28 mil while we wait, holding up other deals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Beal on the move?

What was the framework of that deal?

Based on his take of the players from our side but it was Teague/Layman/Cousins/Vonleh to ATL, Crabbe/Jones/Bembry/Cook/Kumza to MIN, Cov/Graham/pick (not sure which FRP or SRP) to LAL.

Beal can't be moved right now. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Theoretically, I wonder what would it take to get a Steven Adams deal done?  The Thunder have real cap problems.  We could trade Evan Turner, Damian Jones, and next year's lotto protected first rounder?  That would save the Thunder a lot of money.  

I just think if we are going to play kind of a GSW style, we need a nasty defender down low.  Adams is a way better fit for me than Drummond.  He gets better every year, too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Seems like the deal we ended up with is better for us.  

Derozan on the move?

I was thinking Beal but since he can’t be moved right now...yeah it’s Derozan makes sense now ....forgot about him

Edited by JTB

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Am I the only one that (not so) quietly hopes Iguodala doesn't get traded.  Who TF is he to be demanding anything?

I mean, I'm glad Curry/Klay/Durant allowed him to glom onto their title-wagon and all that.  But exactly who TF Is he to be demanding anything at this point in his career?

He's lucky anybody still wants his overrated, oft-injured, old, non-shot having a**.  I hope they shelve his a** all year.  Why strengthen a team you're legitimately competing against for playoff positioning?

This is a situation I really do not understand. I have to think Igoudala has totally burned his bridge with Memphis. Otherwise, he would be helping them in their surprising quest for a 8th seed or better.

I agree about letting him sit since he apparently is being a true ass about this; and I also agree it would take a 1st round pick to make me send him to a competitor.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AHF said:

The only reason not to renounce Teague's cap hold is if you intend to resign him using his bird rights.  Since we can just sign him with cap space, you simply renounce his hold and then sign him when you are ready.  No reason to hold anything up as far as I can see.

It matters more with a player like Drummond. I was mostly listing it for informational purposes based on the ask. We obviously aren't resigning Jeffy for more than he currently makes.

• Admin
2 hours ago, txsting said:

Theoretically, I wonder what would it take to get a Steven Adams deal done?  The Thunder have real cap problems.  We could trade Evan Turner, Damian Jones, and next year's lotto protected first rounder?  That would save the Thunder a lot of money.  

I just think if we are going to play kind of a GSW style, we need a nasty defender down low.  Adams is a way better fit for me than Drummond.  He gets better every year, too.

Agreed, his toughness and locker room presence is exactly what we meed

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Agreed, his toughness and locker room presence is exactly what we meed

I’m all for Adams here! That would be great ....I didn’t really care who we got between him and Drummond, just get one of em. 

• Like 1

Boy kyrie is a horrible horrible leader....never call out a list of teammates and purposely not include all the starters.

Anyways with that said...what’s the interest in Joe Harris this summer ? ....I know he’s a bit older at 28 but harris is absolutely lights out beyond the arc!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Boy kyrie is a horrible horrible leader....never call out a list of teammates and purposely not include all the starters.

Anyways with that said...what’s the interest in Joe Harris this summer ? ....I know he’s a bit older at 28 but harris is absolutely lights out beyond the arc!

I say add a Joe Harris-type via buyout market once we're ready to contend.  No need to overpay for him at this stage.  JMEO

• Like 3

I would like to know who are the centers and the PF we are pursuing. I am glad we finally are taking seriously the improvement of the team, just don’t understand the timing. I think we may have a shot at Wiseman and he is a tremendous fit with Young and Collins, we should use all the opportunities we have to get him. This season is lost anyway, why we would like to upgrade the team?

By July I really hope we have added 2 centers, a PF and a wing or 2. But is it really needed to do it now?

I am failing to understand the logic, why now?

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I would like to know who are the centers and the PF we are pursuing. I am glad we finally are taking seriously the improvement of the team, just don’t understand the timing. I think we may have a shot at Wiseman and he is a tremendous fit with Young and Collins, we should use all the opportunities we have to get him. This season is lost anyway, why we would like to upgrade the team?

By July I really hope we have added 2 centers, a PF and a wing or 2. But is it really needed to do it now?

I am failing to understand the logic, why now?

Opportunity

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Three involving Atlanta, the rest, other teams in the NBA. 

1. There is this big four team deal being talked about involving an All Star SG. Even potentially a protected 1st in the deal. Atlanta has been rumored to be in talks as well but not for the All Star SG but as an extra team. Not sure our role at this time. Still getting details but I was told, this deal is moving faster than usual. 

DeRozan to Miami, that's my guess.