• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

33 minutes ago, terrell said:

Bertans?  Kuzma? lol. Oh wait..Nuggets need a pg now. Teague to Denver for MPJr and filler? 😀

Please Schlenk.  Don't make me root for Kuzma.  I had to root for Jamal Crawford for 2 years.  That was torture enough.  At least Jamal knew his limitations.  Kuz think he's Reggie Miller.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 1/13/2020 at 10:33 AM, NBASupes said:

If I had to give it a scale of what Atlanta wants in the trade deadline: 

1. A starting center

2. More shooting on the perimeter. 

3. Adding 2-3 veterans 

4. Adding players who fit LP's style of play

Perimeter shooting - Bertans

On 1/13/2020 at 10:36 AM, NBASupes said:

Also, Crabbe isn't safe. 

You were right.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:34 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Which of these players are on our radar?

Malik Beasley

Montrezl Harrell

Davis Bertans

Hernangomez in Denver

Again...Bertans...mmmmm.

On 1/13/2020 at 1:09 PM, NBASupes said:

Can't go into much detail but some of those guys are on the Hawks radar.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:02 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Bembry to Houston, Isaiah Hartenstein plus filler to Hawks.

Well?

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 10:24 PM, NBASupes said:

He has the biggest trade value on the team after Len of the available players. 

There core aren't available: Cam, Trae, John, Hunt, and Kev. 

The 2019 1sts aren't available as well as future Atlanta based 1sts. . 

Bruno is considered special and only available for a significant asset only. 

OKC 2022 1st is considered special and only available for a significant asset only.  

Atlanta is considering Parker, Len, and Bembry as key young players they want to keep and can help a team's rotation. 

His trade value is a quality 2nd. Teams are interested in Parker. 

I won't say he won't be here around ASB but of the three, he is the one where a trade could be possible. 

Agree about Bruno

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

3. Hawks have engaged more seriously with 10 centers, most with starting exp or potential. At the moment, the number is 8. Since ATL pulled out of the Dedmon and Drummond deal. Atlanta is seriously targeting several players and I expect a deal to be done closer to the deadline than sooner. Of the teams left, many have interest in a deal which is why of course, ATL didn't drop them. 

Is Myles still on the table then. Rumors out of Indy say Pacers pulled him back to see how it goes once Oladipo gets healthy. 

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I honestly believe personally, we will see a Monk/Batum trade for someone like Parsons/Jones or Graham if he can be packaged @capstone21 , @AHF, or @thecampster.

I think since we are still under the cap, Graham can be included in a trade with other players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

that same team has a target on our team they have been interested in signing since last year but his price-tag during initial negotiations was much too high for them

I can't think of who this would be since we haven't really signed anyone other than Jabari and his price tag wasn't high.  Or I guess you mean the Hawks price tag to trade this player?   

I was hoping the player you were talking about was Aaron Gordon but he doesn't seem to fit the profile. 

43 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think since we are still under the cap, Graham can be included in a trade with other players.

Agreed. Most of the rules relate to teams over the cap or the LT threshold.  However, there is this o e consideration as it applies to Teague. "

extension.

If a team acquires a player in a trade, then for a period of six months following the date of the trade, the team is prohibited from signing the player to a contract extension for a longer period, higher amount, or higher annual increases than would have been permitted for an extension-and-trade."

I had to look that one up to get the right wording. So basically, any new contract Teafue might get after July 1 would have to wait till after July 16 if more than he gets now. Because he is a free agent and will certainly test his value, his cap hold will be huge next year until signed. This may hurt our negotiation ability once the signing period begins.

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Ok so I like the Teague deal and I like the information Supes is giving. 

Hey Supes I believe what you are saying, I just would like to know the real targets so that I can salivate and celebrate at home. Please write me in private and forget about these morons!!! Lol

Now seriously If we are able to get a C and a wing (shooter), this team could make a great 2nd half. I am still not convinced that is the path we should follow as I really want a shot at Wiseman but this team really needs  to improve. If management thinks is easier to get it now than on July I am fine.

We need to use the opportunity we have, surround Trae and Collins with starters and good bench, see what happens

I'm down for moves that acquire legit core pieces.  Players at a level above Drummond (e.g. KAT).  I'm also good with smaller moves to fill obvious second unit holes, big win to get Teague back to lead that unit.  

If we can't get a legit core piece, I hope we will stand pat and take one more shot at the top of the draft.  It's only a little more patience required to get there.  After this year we need to be done with the first round draft for awhile and use those picks in trades to finalize the roster.

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I can't think of who this would be since we haven't really signed anyone other than Jabari and his price tag wasn't high.  Or I guess you mean the Hawks price tag to trade this player?   

I was hoping the player you were talking about was Aaron Gordon but he doesn't seem to fit the profile. 

Parker is who I'm thinking as well. He played well for the Wiz, maybe they were trying to bring him back but he wanted too much and b4 they made the Bertans deal.

Parker and 2nd for Bertans...get 'er done. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Agreed. Most of the rules relate to teams over the cap or the LT threshold.  However, there is this o e consideration as it applies to Teague. "

extension.

If a team acquires a player in a trade, then for a period of six months following the date of the trade, the team is prohibited from signing the player to a contract extension for a longer period, higher amount, or higher annual increases than would have been permitted for an extension-and-trade."

I had to look that one up to get the right wording. So basically, any new contract Teafue might get after July 1 would have to wait till after July 16 if more than he gets now. Because he is a free agent and will certainly test his value, his cap hold will be huge next year until signed. This may hurt our negotiation ability once the signing period begins.

I seriously doubt it. They can always just agree to a deal beforehand and just officially sign him on a different date. Not to mention, if they sign him to a small 3 year deal, they will still have his BR and can waive his cap hold if they have the cap room available. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I seriously doubt it. They can always just agree to a deal beforehand and just officially sign him on a different date. Not to mention, if they sign him to a small 3 year deal, they will still have his BR and can waive his cap hold if they have the cap room available. 

Think about this though. Until we resign him or he signs elsewhere, his cap hold will be $28,500,000. We will be waiting on him. This was part of the hurry in trying to work out the Drummond deal early. His caphold would have been north of $40 million. So they tried to get the trade in before 6 months before the deadline. Once that passed, it became harder to justify.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Think about this though. Until we resign him or he signs elsewhere, his cap hold will be $28,500,000. We will be waiting on him. This was part of the hurry in trying to work out the Drummond deal early. His caphold would have been north of $40 million. So they tried to get the trade in before 6 months before the deadline. Once that passed, it became harder to justify.

Interesting so Drummond is a definitely likely not to be a trade target they go back to before the trade  deadline comes.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

5. Hawks are engaging with a lot of teams for future assets for salaries. The difficulty is a bad free agency class in 2020 with a strong one in 2021 and limited contracts makes it impossible to find deals out here for future assets. The Hawks did engage in a trade for a future HOF PF but that team wanted MUCH too much for the Hawks liking. Outside of Batum, there are really no bad contracts and CHA has zero interest in trading an bigger asset. Everyone who wants one have called and been told no or something weak like two 2nds. I honestly believe personally, we will see a Monk/Batum trade for someone like Parsons/Jones or Graham if he can be packaged @capstone21 , @AHF, or @thecampster.

That has to be KAT....I mean just got to be! He has HOF numbers anyways .