• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Supes clarified, but even if his contract doesn't convert to a standard NBA deal, he'll go back to GL on his two way deal and the Hawks still own his rights. No other team can sign him from our squad.

I guess it all depends on if we trade for a backup PG.

He's done well for his contract to convert, he'll probably get a 3 year deal with a guarantee for the rest of this season, plus 2 unguaranteed years with a small guarantee for next season or something like that.

I'm assuming if we didn't convert him then after his GL contract is done he would leave us without a second look.  He has clearly earned his spot.  A 3 year deal like you are describing is exactly what I'd want to see.

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This only works if we are taking back a player with a contract for next season that a team wants to clear.

Example: Dieng, Snell, Demarre Carroll, Batum (which we would get compensated for taking the deal)

There aren't many of the bad contracts left that extend beyond this season.

I think it's more likely a 3 team deal of some sort that I can't Immediately see.

Example: Houston sends Eric Gordon to some team, we send Turner and Bembry to Houston (rumor is they need wing defense) , Hawks get Hartenstein plus.

I would LMAO for days if we pulled off that kind of a steal.  Watching Houston go down in flames cursing those guys while we picked up Hartenstein would be fantastic.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

There will be a lot of trades by us or with us in it. We will be active. I think Tony is ready and TS is as well. Just some of the players mentioned that are in framework is making my mouth water. Shooting galore. Trae will be happy. The bench will be badass like it was for Sap's last season when we had Hardaway Jr. 

Can you share some of those players' names that you've heard about? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Can you share some of those players' names that you've heard about? 

I can't mention the ones in framework. But I can say that they are miles better than the names I've seen listed. None of the framework guys are these players above and to be frank, Batum is not available as Charlotte isn't interested in trading an asset to get rid of him. Same issue SAC is having with Dedmon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't mention the ones in framework. But I can say that they are miles better than the names I've seen listed. None of the framework guys are these players above and to be frank, Batum is not available as Charlotte isn't interested in trading an asset to get rid of him. Same issue SAC is having with Dedmon.

Well this we know is true.  The majority of the trades net players that aren't even rumored ahead of time.  At least for the Hawks it seems.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well this we know is true.  The majority of the trades net players that aren't even rumored ahead of time.  At least for the Hawks it seems.

Most of the rumor names have been reached. That's not a misnomer. That's a fact. Almost all of the names people have stated the Hawks have interest in well, the Hawks have interest in. 

There are two bigger fish available for trade. One has been an All Star and currently performing like one. The other is a stud player on a great contract. The Hawks have reached out for the stud but discovered the cost us much to high. 

Teams have contacted the other about the All Star. There seems like a trade could happen but they want more valuable than that team is willing to give up and want an asset to give up their asset. That team is currently looking at losing that player in FA. Might as well move him for something but we will see.

Hawks have been making minor, minor deals.  Had one on a 10 day contract, then released him.  Bruno is back.  Sent him to the G League.  He may be back already.

Goodwin is due to make the roster.  But, no movement yet.  

Very minor but necessary stuff that only the Squawk fans will notice.

:wild:

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

That 2022 OKC pick is lottery protected, Not sure why it would be considered special.

I believe 2022 is the first year where 18 year olds can enter the NBA.  That's supposed to be a super deep draft.  Getting a top 20 pick could potentially be like getting a top 10 pick in other drafts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, was Jeff Teague one of the names heard?

Yes. So was Dennis Schröder as well. Atlanta also had a framework deal with Cory Joseph/Dedmon as well but I am glad this one went through and that one felt through 

It was also said we were in a 3 team with Minny and LAL but that seems not likely either. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yes. So was Dennis Schröder as well. Atlanta also had a framework deal with Cory Joseph/Dedmon as well but I am glad this one went through and that one felt through 

It was also said we were in a 3 team with Minny and LAL but that seems not likely either. 

I still want to get Dedmon back.  

Just now, NBASupes said:

There is a much better and bigger target who would really help us win. I guess they are holding out hope someone wants him but man, if we land him, OMG! 

There is a bench star that I am hoping we close on soon as well. You add him to the mix, we will have an excellent bench.

Which players? What's the point of "ask Supes" if you can't give any real answers? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

There is a much better and bigger target who would really help us win. I guess they are holding out hope someone wants him but man, if we land him, OMG! 

There is a bench star that I am hoping we close on soon as well. You add him to the mix, we will have an excellent bench.

So, the question is, are they willing to unload anyone in the young core along with a pick to get whoever it is you are thinking of?  Drummond and Adams have been talked about, but my guess is, you think this is a much bigger and better target.  I can’t help but think it is KAT.  That’s going to cost.  

And yes, I’d give up what could potentially be the #1 overall pick in a deal for KAT.  Absolutely!  You aren’t getting a KAT type of player in next year’s draft.

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, the question is, are they willing to unload anyone in the young core along with a pick to get whoever it is you are thinking of?  Drummond and Adams have been talked about, but my guess is, you think this is a much bigger and better target.  I can’t help but think it is KAT.  That’s going to cost.  

And yes, I’d give up what could potentially be the #1 overall pick in a deal for KAT.  Absolutely!  You aren’t getting a KAT type of player in next year’s draft.

No KAT, sorry

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Good call KAT was the name I thought of too as that other star player supes is referring to . I believe the first one is none other than Drummond.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

No KAT, sorry

Wow really??? Hmmm 

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Is an old friend on a huge contract available up in Philly?  That would be.......um.........awkward.  

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ok I’m going to go Myles Turner! ....I won’t even attempt to guess on the bench star I don’t know who that could be.

but I think you’re talking about a center most definitely and if it’s not KAT then Myles Turner is my next best guess 

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Is an old friend on a huge contract available up in Philly?  That would be.......um.........awkward.  

Lol of course! horford ....that’s why supes is excited 😆...here I am thinking it’s a young stud not a old one 😂 

• Haha 3

Just now, JTB said:

Ok I’m going to go Myles Turner! ....I won’t even attempt to guess on the bench star I don’t know who that could be.

but I think you’re talking about a center most definitely and if it’s not KAT then Myles Turner is my next best guess 

Yeah.  If it isn’t KAT, I would have to think Turner.  I just can’t see Drummond/Adams moving the needle that much.  Would they help?  Absolutely, but it isn’t a move that would make this team go 32-9 over the final 41 games.

• Like 1