• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Seems like he would be an upgrade, but what would they want in return? Could we do it for Parker?

He is not a upgrade imo.  A shot in the dark Is more like it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

New Update: 

We did inquire about Poethl. Not sure why REALGM made an article about it. We also inquired about several others including Myles Turner. No framework from what I've heard so far. 

It's highly unlikely Goodwin will be converted. The reason why is because Atlanta needs that slot for trades. He heard Atlanta might be interested in a long term min contract. 

Atlanta is open to anything and they want to improve the bench A LOT. I knew that already but we would have had some trades right now if as TS put it in the 92.9 interview, guys weren't scared to pull the trigger. That's what's holding things back for Atlanta. 

There will be a lot of trades by us or with us in it. We will be active. I think Tony is ready and TS is as well. Just some of the players mentioned that are in framework is making my mouth water. Shooting galore. Trae will be happy. The bench will be badass like it was for Sap's last season when we had Hardaway Jr. 

This team will be extremely good. 

As far as values go, here is the updated chart: 

The core is not available for trades: Cam, Trae, John, Hunt, and Kev. 

The 2019 Atlanta 1st is not available.

2019 Brooklyn 1st and/or future Atlanta based 1sts could be available for a young potential star

Bruno is considered special and only available for a significant asset only

OKC 2022 1st is considered special and only available for a significant asset only.  

Atlanta is considering Parker, Len, and Bembry as key young players they value and can help a team's rotation

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

New Update: 

We did inquire about Poethl. Not sure why REALGM made an article about it. We also inquired about several others including Myles Turner. No framework from what I've heard so far. 

It's highly unlikely Goodwin will be converted. The reason why is because Atlanta needs that slot for trades. He heard Atlanta might be interested in a long term min contract. 

Atlanta is open to anything and they want to improve the bench A LOT. I knew that already but we would have had some trades right now if as TS put it in the 92.9 interview, guys weren't scared to pull the trigger. That's what's holding things back for Atlanta. 

There will be a lot of trades by us or with us in it. We will be active. I think Tony is ready and TS is as well. Just some of the players mentioned that are in framework is making my mouth water. Shooting galore. Trae will be happy. The bench will be badass like it was for Sap's last season when we had Hardaway Jr. 

2019 Brooklyn 1st and/or future Atlanta based 1sts could be available for a young potential star

OKC 2022 1st is considered special and only available for a significant asset only.  

Atlanta is considering Parker, Len, and Bembry as key young players they value and can help a team's rotation

The vets that he brought in have been a big flop versus who he sent out.   Now his azz is in panic mode and trying to turn it around and make a trade or two.   I hope he does but the fact remains in my mind he has not done well regarding trades.  

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

It would be a mistake not to convert Goodwin unless we have an enticing young PG lined up.  He had been rotation worthy.  I’d cut 5 other guys before him.

I didn't say we wouldn't convert him altogether, just not now. They need the open slot for trades. They would be open to giving him a long term contract. Likely after the trade deadline. 

Edit: I did say that. I should have reread what I wrote. He will be converted. Just not within the next couple of days. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Edit: I did say that. I should have reread what I wrote. He will be converted. Just not within the next couple of days. 

Thanks for clarifying.  I didn’t get that at all from what you wrote.  I read it as him being unlikely to be converted period and that he (Goodwin) had heard Atlanta was interested in something long term so this was a change in direction.

He had been very productive and a stabilizing force for us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

New Update: 

That 2022 OKC pick is lottery protected, Not sure why it would be considered special.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

It would be a mistake not to convert Goodwin unless we have an enticing young PG lined up.  He had been rotation worthy.  I’d cut 5 other guys before him.

7 hours ago, AHF said:

Thanks for clarifying.  I didn’t get that at all from what you wrote.  I read it as him being unlikely to be converted period and that he (Goodwin) had heard Atlanta was interested in something long term so this was a change in direction.

He had been very productive and a stabilizing force for us.

Supes clarified, but even if his contract doesn't convert to a standard NBA deal, he'll go back to GL on his two way deal and the Hawks still own his rights. No other team can sign him from our squad.

I guess it all depends on if we trade for a backup PG.

He's done well for his contract to convert, he'll probably get a 3 year deal with a guarantee for the rest of this season, plus 2 unguaranteed years with a small guarantee for next season or something like that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Supes clarified, but even if his contract doesn't convert to a standard NBA deal, he'll go back to GL on his two way deal and the Hawks still own his rights. No other team can sign him from our squad.

I guess it all depends on if we trade for a backup PG.

He's done well for his contract to convert, he'll probably get a 3 year deal with a guarantee for the rest of this season, plus 2 unguaranteed years with a small guarantee for next season or something like that.

From what I got, he has made a good impression period. I think Atlanta could add a backup PG and still sign Goodwin for a long term deal.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If we're only offering up expirings though aren't the trade partners just going to either stand pat or trade with someone else?  Expiring deals and 2nd round picks sounds like all we're willing to part with.

This only works if we are taking back a player with a contract for next season that a team wants to clear.

Example: Dieng, Snell, Demarre Carroll, Batum (which we would get compensated for taking the deal)

There aren't many of the bad contracts left that extend beyond this season.

I think it's more likely a 3 team deal of some sort that I can't Immediately see.

Example: Houston sends Eric Gordon to some team, we send Turner and Bembry to Houston (rumor is they need wing defense) , Hawks get Hartenstein plus.

26 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If we're only offering up expirings though aren't the trade partners just going to either stand pat or trade with someone else?  Expiring deals and 2nd round picks sounds like all we're willing to part with.

Yeah, we need some trade demands to put some thangs in motion.

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

There is a lot of value in some of those items depending on what's at stake. 

• Like 2