• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

B-R Scotto claims Schlenk has inquired about Jakob Poeltl

sturt

• Premium Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2871435-how-can-league-worst-atlanta-hawks-prove-to-trae-young-hes-not-alone

..........To improve Young's supporting cast, Atlanta has been linked to several centers in trade discussions this season, including All-Star Andre Drummond, Steven Adams and former Hawk Dewayne Dedmon.

Atlanta was interested in reacquiring Dedmon in a potential salary dump for Sacramento after he publicly demanded a trade from the Kings after being benched. The Hawks also expressed trade interest in Spurs center Jakob Poeltl earlier this season, Bleacher Report has learned..........

I think I like this idea. Definitely mobile. Regarded as a good defender. Definitely capable as a rim protector. Dime maker. Just turned 24, but is in his 4th season. I think I really like this idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know much about this guy at all but after watching that above play by play of him vs the rockets....I can tell you right now that pop isn’t giving that young guy up without a very good return!

kind of crazy cause his box score stats aren’t eye opening at all but I can see the impact he can have as he goes on in his nba career. I like that Schlenk likes him but the spurs organization is just too smart!...I’d be shocked if they traded Poeltl away...he has good enough potential where he could become a very good role player there like a Tiago Splitter or something 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Mind you, he's coming upon restricted free agency, and as such, SAS might consider it better to get an asset in return now than to hazard having us blow them out of the water with a bid for him in July.

https://airalamo.com/2019/12/12/statistics-say-jakob-poeltl-san-antonio-spurs-valuable-player/

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I'd rather have him than Adams. I don't care for Adams at all. Centers with zero offensive game and can't block shots = no interest from me. All he does is rebound and try to be a glue guy. That's great for your backup center on a league minimum contract. Not a starter making 25 million or more a year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/16/2020 at 9:11 AM, JTB said:

I don’t know much about this guy at all but after watching that above play by play of him vs the rockets....I can tell you right now that pop isn’t giving that young guy up without a very good return!

kind of crazy cause his box score stats aren’t eye opening at all but I can see the impact he can have as he goes on in his nba career. I like that Schlenk likes him but the spurs organization is just too smart!...I’d be shocked if they traded Poeltl away...he has good enough potential where he could become a very good role player there like a Tiago Splitter or something 

Yep to all that with, again, the exception that it wouldn't be terribly shocking to see them get in front of this and exchange him for some asset before he hits RFA status.

Then again, maybe Travis "Cheshire Cat" Schlenk is just doing due diligence for now, and we'll wait til July to make a play for him. Then again, it comes down to, how much do you value getting to be on the side of the table where you're matching someone else's offer (and thus, being willing to part with some asset), or are you content with standing pat, and being that team that competes with 28 others for the right to make the offer (?).

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yep to all that with, again, the exception that it wouldn't be terribly shocking to see them get in front of this and exchange him for some asset before he hits RFA status.

Then again, maybe Travis "Cheshire Cat" Schlenk is just doing due diligence for now, and we'll wait til July to make a play for him. Then again, it comes down to, how much do you value getting to be on the side of the table where you're matching someone else's offer (and thus, being willing to part with some asset), or are you content with standing pat, and being that team that competes with 28 others for the right to make the offer (?).

I read this also and when the Spurs got him in the Leonard deal, I thought he was a solid sleeper. Its not worked out like that and I am not sold he will ever be a full time starter now.

2nd Round pick and call it a day. His per 36 numbers are a double double with almost three blocks and his free throw shooting is atrocious. Possibly a good defensive rotation player. I like him for a 2nd round pick.

Edited by Buzzard

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not today. Don’t start the funk. I know it itches but ..

Reeeeeeeerrr 

- 🐈 

Hello, kitty.

saphron is gonna kick my a**.  I'm just kidding, saphron.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I like Jacob. One of the better backup centers in the NBA 

But why would he be available?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

2nd Round pick and call it a day.

If you're that down on him, why even that? Wait and see what the RFA market dictates, which if you're right, will be next to nothing anyhow.

Yes?

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

If you're that down on him, why even that? Wait and see what the RFA market dictates, which if you're right, will be next to nothing anyhow.

Yes?

I am just saying, if we are going to trade for him; that is all I would give. I am not going to lose any sleep if we don't pursue a trade.

I don't think he is anything above a 20-25 minute a game starter. To many holes with his shooting/scoring. He could be one of those guys you work match up magic with.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
Just now, sturt said:

I'd say, don't bother trading for him, then, unless Bruno's not likely to be back anytime soon. No point, really.

The only reason to do it is if you think the higher quality center play will help the development of  your youngsters.

• Like 1