• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kenny Atkinson is now available. Bring him back home Schlenk!

gHost83

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

LP is only in year two and looked good in year 1. Let's hold our horses on LP. 

Read my post again. Like...I don’t know.. THE FIRST SENTENCE!!!! 🤦‍♀️ 

Reading 📖 is fundamental. Damn Supes you know ur stuff but ur listening 👂🏽 can use some word and possibly a bit of reading comprehension. Reread my post... playa lol

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

EZ Pass.

Articulate as usual 😉 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Just not ready to pigeon-hole Trae into what he can or can't do based on 1.667 NBA seasons on a team that is certainly still in the midst of evolving.

Suddenly your starting to make more sense that others. What the hell? The whole system is broken. Lol.

• Haha 2

Some of y’all act like you rather have me talk about ur mamas than question Lloyd’s LONGTERM standing with this team. 

Like I said, next year playoffs or he’s out. I like Lloyd but I’m not in love 😍 with him like some. 

Weekend mf love affair going on man f all dis.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, High5 said:

I'm not sure what advantage he really has over LP except for the whole thing about the grass being greener. 

I trust Atkinson more because I feel what he's teaching is better grounded, and better proven. I don't really know what philosophies Pierce most strongly subscribes to yet... repeating repeating myself... this is an evolving team, and Pierce has claimed more than once that he's still holding back from teaching and doing some things.

That doesn't mean Atkinson > Pierce necessarily, but that Pierce is more of an unknown still. Let us get to the playoffs, and then we can have a better feel for what he really believes in, based on what he does when he's all-in on winning every single game from October through May or June.

But it does mean it's actually not merely about any perceptions of greener grass... at least from where I sit.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

EZ Pass.

Mark Jackson played the point guard position and was a damn good assist man in the NBA. He what, top 5 in all time dimes? He’s up there. Why would he not be an absolute perfect fit.

He also started out with a guy like Curry with the scrubs. He gave that young squad motivation and belief in themselves that they could go to Miami and beat Lebron and the Heat or give them a hell of a game.

Hes a pastor and really gets into players and puts a belief system into them like no other. 

It’s not an EZ pass by any means. It may not even be a pass.

Playoffs or action Jackson in 2021.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Suddenly your starting to make more sense that others. What the hell? The whole system is broken. Lol.

Thanks.

I think.

Well, and ya know... 

History is full of those intelligent visionaries/engineers who weren't as fully appreciated in the moment... 😄 

nikola_tesla_by_gregchapin-d4909r1.png

• Haha 2

Clp has the same number of playoff series wins as Kenny (with a much worse roster) and they have an equally impressive rep as developmental guys.

Not sure how anyone can say one is markedly better than the other.  Interesting.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

You know the saying, apple not falling far from tree....Both Bud and Atkinson 'mutually agree to part ways' with their teams. Some coaching tree Bud is producing :hehe:

I wonder if Nets want to fall out of playoffs to keep their pick but Atkinson doesn't, sounds mighty familiar. :spiteful:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

D. Lo doesn't really dominate the ball like that unless you referring to fit next to Steph Curry or another high end PG. Guys like Trae and Harden dominate the ball and can't play off of it. 

DLo had a super high usage rate with the Nets. I respectfully disagree bro.

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Atkinson actually has a good system both offensively and defensively.  He has maximized what he has been given in Brooklyn.  His teams consistently play above their collective abilities. 

Hey, something I can agree with you on! He's always maximized the players he had. Who the hell were Dinwhittie, LeVert and Temple before Atkinson? DLo was a bust before he got in Kenny's system. Not sure why people think he isn't a fit here.

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

20, 28, 42, 28....don't see what's much better than LP.

Screenshot_20200307-161128_Samsung Internet.jpg

DLo was acquired in the 2017-18 season. Took one year and DLo went from bust to all-star in the 2018-19 season. The 2019 season had major injuries from both of their stars.

Kyrie isn't a fit in his system. Selfish player. Trae is the opposite of that. Even with those major injuries, they still were a 7 seed with backups in their starting rotation b4 Kyrie ended his season. I guarantee you this, if Kenny was here, Huerter would have been benched a month ago....

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

DLo was acquired in the 2017-18 season. Took one year and DLo went from bust to all-star in the 2018-19 season. The 2019 season had major injuries from both of their stars.

Kyrie isn't a fit in his system. Selfish player. Trae is the opposite of that. Even with those major injuries, they still were a 7 seed with backups in their starting rotation b4 Kyrie ended his season. I guarantee you this, if Kenny was here, Huerter would have been benched a month ago....

Why are you ignoring Atkinsons 1st 2 years with the Nets?

He had 20 and 28 wins, 48 combined wins his first 2 seasons. 

LP is currently in year 2 with a much younger squad getting the majority of minutes - starting an all 22 and under squad some nights, he's currently at 49 wins with 18 games to go.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why are you ignoring Atkinsons 1st 2 years with the Nets?

He had 20 and 28 wins, 48 combined wins his first 2 seasons. 

LP is currently in year 2 with a much younger squad getting the majority of minutes - starting an all 22 and under squad some nights, he's currently at 49 wins with 18 games to go.

First year always a wash with new coaches. They had no freaking talent on the team and had no cap room and we're still paying Joe Johnson, KG and Pierce. Also traded away all their picks when Boston fleeced them.

Second year they acquired DLo and acclimated him to their system slowly.

3rd year, DLo was an all-star and made the playoffs with a bum ass roster.

Year 4 they traded their all-star for one of the best players of all time but coming off a major injury. Kyrie wasn't available for most of this season. Still was a 7 seed b4 Kyrie ended his season for good. 

Listen, all I know is that Kenny got no named dudes to play well in his system. He didn't have much to work with. Here he would have young players to mold with high ceilings. He would get the most out of this roster.

Edited by gHost83