• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kenny Atkinson is now available. Bring him back home Schlenk!

gHost83

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Untrue and you know it.

So, you are saying that Schlenk has done a bad job of building this roster?  I agree.  He has done a bad job, but that was a given considering the strategy that he has employed to build this roster.

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Untrue and you know it.

I think Collins and Trae are equal to any two stars the Nets have this season. Its a star based league and with Durant sidelined and Kyrie only playing 20 games vs Collins having player 38 games, we have the best two stars for this seasons worth of games.

Period, end of story.

Edited by Buzzard

1 hour ago, gHost83 said:

Lol true. They both go off on the Nets. Especially Cam. 

TRae put up 47 on that defense...LP isnt going anywhere btw unless we suck again next season. I like Adkinson though..

Edited by terrell

21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, you are saying that Schlenk has done a bad job of building this roster?  I agree.  He has done a bad job, but that was a given considering the strategy that he has employed to build this roster.

Vet wise yes. He admitted it..

16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think Collins and Trae are equal to any two stars the Nets have this season. Its a star based league and with Durant sidelined and Kyrie only playing 20 games vs Collins having player 38 games, we have the best two stars for this seasons worth of games.

Period, end of story.

Id agree if Trae and John werent 21and 22 yrs old. The NBA is a Grown Man's league..Hawks need some better vets..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I think 2 years has proven enough.  Worst coach in the NBA.  

He was one of the better coaches in the NBA in year 1 and this year, he still isn't one of the worst. He had received a bad deck of cards

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Mark Jackson played the point guard position and was a damn good assist man in the NBA. He what, top 5 in all time dimes? He’s up there. Why would he not be an absolute perfect fit.

He also started out with a guy like Curry with the scrubs. He gave that young squad motivation and belief in themselves that they could go to Miami and beat Lebron and the Heat or give them a hell of a game.

Hes a pastor and really gets into players and puts a belief system into them like no other. 

It’s not an EZ pass by any means. It may not even be a pass.

Playoffs or action Jackson in 2021.

Jackson was an all-time culture cancer in GSW and other spots.  Played players against each other and put self over team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

Jackson was an all-time culture cancer in GSW and other spots.  Played players against each other and put self over team

Wow really? I never heard that he played players against each other, I mean possibly for a motivation tactic but the guy energized the Warriors squad like no other coach I’ve seen come in and turn things around. 

I think he gave them life and a huge belief in themselves. 

I think he might end up with the Nets. Or the Knicks if the NBA steps in and removes Dolan.

Word is that Mark Jackson had some negative views about homosexuality and one or some members of the GS higher ups were/are gay, which caused friction, plus Mark and ownership never quite clicked, he wasn't too keen on taking orders from the rich guys, and things got ugly with secret recordings and other duplicitous shenanigans.

Edited by bleachkit

22 hours ago, terrell said:

His defensive system cant stop Trae or Cam though. lol

This season, in defensive efficiency Brooklyn is ranked 8th; we are ranked 28th.

Last season with what many believe is another defensive sieve at PG in DLo, Brooklyn ranked 15th and we ranked 28th.

Brooklyn showed defensive improvement four straight seasons under Atkinson.

2016/17 23rd

2017/18 21st

2018/19 15th

2019/20 8th

Next season, I expect a jump or I will be bitterly disappointed.

22 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This season, in defensive efficiency Brooklyn is ranked 8th; we are ranked 28th.

Last season with what many believe is another defensive sieve at PG in DLo, Brooklyn ranked 15th and we ranked 28th.

2016/17 23rd

2017/18 21st

2018/19 15th

2019/20 8th

Needed to add this:

The Nets went from 29th in 2015/16 to 23rd in Atkinson's first season in 2016/17. Don't doubt Atkinson's ability to coach. The Nets are being run by Durant and Kyrie and this parting of the ways was a bad decision on the Nets part.

https://stats.nba.com/teams/defense/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2015-16&SeasonType=Regular Season

Edited by Buzzard

17 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

2016/17 23rd

2017/18 21st

2018/19 15th

2019/20 8th

Just as an aside.  Defensive rating rankings:

#1 - Milwaukee Bucks

#8 - Brooklyn Nets

#11 - Utah Jazz

#16 - Memphis Grizzlies

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Just as an aside.  Defensive rating rankings:

#1 - Milwaukee Bucks

#8 - Brooklyn Nets

#11 - Utah Jazz

#16 - Memphis Grizzlies

Atkinson can coach. I think this was solely based on how he communicated and treated Kyrie to go along with the way he treated Durant and Kyrie's friends in Prince and Jordan.

Horrible decision from a management standpoint; but when you are paying Kyrie and Durant 69M a year, what they want is of the upmost importance.

I like Atkinson a lot! Even over LP however LP isn’t and shouldn’t lose his job until Schlenk gives him appropriate weapons to work with (which is coming)

for a majority of the season we lacked big men and Just good overall veteran help . Two things Schlenk admitted to. What we have is a very very good amount of young talent. Now it’s time to put some more good vet talent around what we have.

our young guys will be much better once we get good veteran help. And ultimately depending on how the roster shapes out which I’m expecting to be waaayyyy better that is what’s going Judge LP.

LP makes mistakes like any young coach would but he’s really going to have to tighten up next season. Schlenk is going to fill out the roster the right way around the young core this time so pressure is on LP next season as long as Schlenk does that (which he will)

56 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

2016/17 23rd

2017/18 21st

2018/19 15th

2019/20 8th

I have nothing against Kenny. I just thought it was funny..lol

• Like 1