• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I've asked and was given permission by @lethalweapon3 to start a Trade Idea thread in HC.

I'm looking for trades beyond 'trading our 1st round pick this year' that's for @kg01 😄.

We've talked adnauseam about which FAs we like, who Schlenk may/should target - AD, Harrell, Harris, Bertans, Milsap, Ingram, etc. This trade exercise is if we don't get one of our 'top' FA targets.

How do we fill in the roster signing lower valued FAs and/or TRADES with the idea we keep our 1st rounder? Look at teams looking to move players for salary relief or not wanting to pay them next offseason.

This is our current roster:

PG: Trae Young, Jeff Teague (UFA), Brandon Goodwin (NG)
SG: Kevin Huerter, Cam Reddish, Treveon Graham (UFA)
SF: DeAndre Hunter, Vince Carter, DeAndre Bembry (RFA)
PF: John Collins, Skal LaB (RFA), Bruno Fernando
😄 Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon, Damian Jones (RFA)

Hawks can have $51 million in capspace if all FAs are renounced.

You can choose to keep any of our FAs or not.

So let's here your Trade ideas!

Edit #1: Forgot to mention we are keeping our CORE 5 plus Capela and our 2020 1st. (Dedmon and Bruno and our 2nds (from Mia and Hou) are available for trade)

Edit #2: The 2021 1st round pick is available for trade, at least top #14 protected.

Edit #3: Assume $115 and $125 salary cap for 2020 and 2021 respectively.

Fill in the Roster using the parameters above:

PG: Trae Young, 
SG: Kevin Huerter, Cam Reddish
SF: DeAndre Hunter
PF: John Collins,

C - Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon, Bruno Fernando

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Here's my first trade.

Trade with Brooklyn:

1. Jarett Allen ($3.9, RFA) and Taurean Prince ($12.5 mil, $13 mil) for Dewayne Dedmon ($13 mil, $1mil)

It seems BKN (well KD and Kyrie) may have soured on Allen. BKN also has to look to retain him next offseason.  Hawks trade for him as their backup center behind Capela. Bkn will need a backup C and by taking Prince they get some tax relief as they look to resign Harris. With KD back Prince will see a diminished role.

Yeah, yeah - bring back Prince? we did not want to pay him before, sound familiar? See Dedmon.

Prince provides backup at SF/PF. Allen as C of the future.

I'm thinking BKN would want someone like Huerter (NIC currently) included if they aren't sure in bringing Harris back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Harrison Barnes to Atlanta and we send them a 2nd round pick. Benefit to us is Barnes knocks down his threes and can fill in at SF and PF. Benefits to the Kings is Vlade gets to save face; along with freeing up minutes and cap for both Bogdon and Hield.

I think this trade is a huge reach given Barnes still has 60M left over the next three years but he does check the boxes as a tweener who can shoot. Jerami Grant has almost the exact per 36 numbers and can probably be had for 10-15M....So on second thought lets not help Vlade out.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

Dedmon for Horford and Thybulle, we lose some cap this/next year, get a young wing for the deal.

Philly gets out if the tax and still has a backup C for Embiid.

I'd also be interested in dealing for Simmons if they're open to that, but would probably take our pick

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I think the team is fine as is.  

How?

We have 8 players signed after this season and $51 million in capspace. How do you propose we will the rest of the roster? 

We're either signing FAs or trading for players currently under contract.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How?

We have 8 players signed after this season and $51 million in capspace. How do you propose we will the rest of the roster? 

We're either signing FAs or trading for players currently under contract.

Really?  You went there?  Are you implying that I don't believe we should fill out the roster???  You're better than this Jaybird!

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Really?  You went there?  Are you implying that I don't believe we should fill out the roster???  You're better than this Jaybird!

I guess I don't understand your response to the topic idea. Something got lost in translation somewhere.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess I don't understand your response to the topic idea. Something got lost in translation somewhere.

Your thread is about trades and I reply not interested in trades and then you go where you went? And now you claim a misunderstanding?

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I think the team is fine as is.  I don't trust Schlenk in trades anyway.  We might end up with another Baze for Evan turner deal

Plus, I don't feel its helpful to change the team year after year

This is your 1st response in this thread. So again, tell me what I missed

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Your thread is about trades and I reply not interested in trades and then you go where you went? And now you claim a misunderstanding?

Where did you say the bolded?

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

This is your 1st response in this thread. So again, tell me what I missed

Where did you say the bolded?

So the rest of the statement means nothing to you.  Since you are starting sound like a literal person, let me fill in the blanks with you.  I don't think we need to make any trades.  Do you understand that statement?  Its so funny that you guys constantly try to read between the lines with my other post but something as strait forward as this,  you're confused. Disappointed

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So the rest of the statement means nothing to you.  Since you are starting sound like a literal person, let me fill in the blanks with you.  I don't think we need to make any trades.  Do you understand that statement?  Its so funny that you guys constantly try to read between the lines with my other post but something as strait forward as this,  you're confused. Disappointed

I usually don't take things literally on the Squawk. I usually get inferences, as such....but your first post was confusing to me.

I'll just leave it at that.

• Moderators

The team is not fine as is.  We need upgrades through FA and/or trades.  Other than justification for wanting LP gone, I can’t understand where anyone would think we don’t need upgrades.  That is what the cap room is there for.

Even if you think we have our future starting 5 already, the bench needs major league upgrades.

• Like 1