• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Talk Trade Ideas!

JayBirdHawk

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It was the bleacher report article that had Huerter, Reddish, Hunter and 2020 1st for Beal.

I'm not interested in Beal.

Me neither just conversation. So I kinda do want to sign Ingram but NO can match so a sign and trade seems the most reasonable way to get him here. I honestly don't want to give up that much in that scenario also. But you have to give to get and this is a trade thread so what would a max sign and trade for Ingram look like? Huerter and our 1st?

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not at that price!  That's for sure.

I've said this before Capella for Gobert straight up.  We give Utah capspace and Hawks get one of the top defensive centers out there.  I'd then look into prying Jared Allen away from Brooklyn.  Haven't look into the scenarios where that would work.  Would probably have to trade Dedmon then. 

If we somehow pull that off we have our center position locked down for the next few years.  

Well damn!..lol

That's what I've said. Gobert for Capella straight up if their forced to trade him, isn't the worst they could do and we could possibly grab their 1st for the financial reasons. Look I know Gobert has won some defensive awards but money talks. 

DeAndre Hunter, Kevin Huerter, Dewayne Dedmond, and a future 1st for Devin Booker. Booker isn't in his prime yet. He's only 25. I would move Cam to small forward. I would sign Gordon Hayward and bring in another big to backup Capela. If we win the lottery, I would take Edwards. If we're in the top three, I would take Wiseman.

PG Trae, Trey Burke?                                    SG Booker, Cam Reddish, A. Edwards?      SF Cam Reddish, Gordon Hayward.            PF John Collins, Skai?                                   C  Capela, Wiseman?

Few other super strong vets that we could trade for to help strengthen our bench and help until our youngsters are ready and to help us make a playoff push.

Again, per Jaybird thread 🧵 rules I’m leaving out free agency and the draft but rather guys who are signed to contracts already.

Norman Powell- Dude is way the heck underrated. Saw him at UCLA and followed him since. Pros pro that would give our bench an edge. I can’t believe I forgot about Norm.

Thaddeus Young- He’s always been a strong solid player throughout his years. Bring the yellow jacket 🐝 back. He can mentor Cam n Hunter post VC.

3 pg’s to backup Trae:

Derrick Rose 🌹-Just a different player now that he’s recovered. He’s way back and has shown some maturity in and off.

Pat Bev- The pest. Adding more defense to our nice defensive youth. He can show Trae some tricks on how to D up.

Corey Joseph- Faded a bit in sac town but he would backup Trae nicely.

Doug McDermott- He’s another dude I mention last week if we miss out on Joe Harris who could really help spread it with his perimeter prowess.

I think all those guys would fit and give our bench a much needed jolt and rejuvenation.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How do we fill in the roster signing lower valued FAs and/or TRADES with the idea we keep our 1st rounder? Look at teams looking to move players for salary relief or not wanting to pay them next offseason.

Edit #1: Forgot to mention we are keeping our CORE 5 plus Capela and our 2020 1st. (Dedmon and Bruno and our 2nds (from Mia and Hou) are available for trade)

Edit #2: The 2021 1st round pick is available for trade, at least top #14 protected.

Edit #3: Assume $115 and $125 salary cap for 2020 and 2021 respectively.

Fill in the Roster using the parameters above:

PG: Trae Young, 
SG: Kevin Huerter, Cam Reddish
SF: DeAndre Hunter
PF: John Collins,

C - Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon, Bruno Fernando

I have added 3 edited items to the original thread idea for clarity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Few other super strong vets that we could trade for to help strengthen our bench and help until our youngsters are ready and to help us make a playoff push.

Again, per Jaybird thread 🧵 rules I’m leaving out free agency and the draft but rather guys who are signed to contracts already.

Norman Powell- Dude is way the heck underrated. Saw him at UCLA and followed him since. Pros pro that would give our bench an edge. I can’t believe I forgot about Norm.

Thaddeus Young- He’s always been a strong solid player throughout his years. Bring the yellow jacket 🐝 back. He can mentor Cam n Hunter post VC.

3 pg’s to backup Trae:

Derrick Rose 🌹-Just a different player now that he’s recovered. He’s way back and has shown some maturity in and off.

Pat Bev- The pest. Adding more defense to our nice defensive youth. He can show Trae some tricks on how to D up.

Doug McDermott- He’s another dude I mention last week if we miss out on Joe Harris who could really help spread it with his perimeter prowess.

I think all those guys would fit and give our bench a much needed jolt and rejuvenation.

Derrick Rose is interesting, could probably be had for seconds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

3 pg’s to backup Trae:

Good call on Powell, Thad Young, Cory Joseph and Doug McD.

Detroit would be seeking a real asset in return

I don't see Clippers parting with Beverly for what's on the table.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 4/18/2020 at 9:29 PM, Spud2nique said:

Here is mine if we are going this route which does make some sense because you can’t have 12 rookies or 2nd year guys and if we need to fill salary I’m guessing we are picking on the cap 🧢 strapped teams. I don’t know how well the salaries work but I do know who I’d target 🎯.

From the Celtics: Smart/Theis for maybe a package of Dedmon future 2nd cap? I dunno but I do know that Smart would lift us a lot and Theis is a very capable backup 5.

From Denver: Will Barton coming to Atlanta for again for an asset and cap from us. He can tutor our wings. Vince did it offensively and he can add the defensive touch to it.

From the Cavs: Larry Nance jr. Seems like he would work with us I wouldn’t be mad, great leaper and defender and second jumper like John.

From the Magic: Terrence Ross. If we can’t land a Joe Harris we might wanna trade for a vet journey swing man like T Ross. He can get hot 🥵 and shoot the damn lights out.

It’ll be interesting but I agree. We will be seeing some vets join us already on salary and not via draft or free agency. 

Missed these.

I don't think the Sees trade Smart, he's the soul of that team. They'd also be looking for more in terms of picks for Smart.

Barton - before Denver traded Beasley, I had him in my lists of targets, now I'm not sure Denver moves him. But they might if they're resigning Sap and will play Porter at SF.

Nance Jr is seen as Mr Cav since his dad plsyed there. He would be a good backup to JC.

T. Ross also on my list. A bucket getter for the bench.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IF Spencer Dinwiddie became available from the Nets, what would you trade for him to be the backup PG?

Salary: 2 years, $11.4 mil, $12.3 mil (PO), 27 years.

A second round pick. I see the Nets only wanting to move him if they are trying to free up salary.  Taking on that much salary is actually worth a first, but he's productive so I'd give up a second round pick or two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IF Spencer Dinwiddie became available from the Nets, what would you trade for him to be the backup PG?

Salary: 2 years, $11.4 mil, $12.3 mil (PO), 27 years.

I don't think we have an asset we'd be willing to give up the Nets would be interested in. Dinwiddie is worth a first, he's a starting caliber guard

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I don't think we have an asset we'd be willing to give up the Nets would be interested in. Dinwiddie is worth a first, he's a starting caliber guard

We have the OKC 2020 1st.

• Premium Member

If the Pacers don't get the sense that Oladipo is ultimately going to be willing to sign an extension...

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2020/04/15/indiana-pacers-victor-oladipo-doesnt-sign-extension/

...a draft pick that allows them to re-set their spreadsheet and replace him with an Anthony Edwards might be tempting, no?

Let's theoretically say we end up with the #1 slot... would you roll those dice, and spend that on one guaranteed year of Oladipo and his bird rights?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sturt said:

If the Pacers don't get the sense that Oladipo is ultimately going to be willing to sign an extension...

https://sircharlesincharge.com/2020/04/15/indiana-pacers-victor-oladipo-doesnt-sign-extension/

...a draft pick that allows them to re-set their spreadsheet and replace him with an Anthony Edwards might be tempting, no?

Let's theoretically say we end up with the #1 slot... would you roll those dice, and spend that on one guaranteed year of Oladipo and his bird rights?

Although @Spud2nique is right, I don't think Injuredipo alone gets the #1 pick. 

But if IND is dangling him .... I'd listen.

• Thanks 1