• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I don't understand why people still want to pay Trez 15 - 20M after we traded for Capela, Dedmon, and Skal. Now throw in the fact that the odds are probably in the 70% range that we draft another big and it makes for even more of a reach.

This team needs to invest heavily in one bonafide shooter now and Trez is the anti shooter,

Because Trez is an impact player and we lack, you guessed it, impact players. Scal, Dedmon and Bruno are just depth when guys are injured or ish happens which what they should be for playoff level teams. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Because Trez is an impact player and we lack, you guessed it, impact players. Scal, Dedmon and Bruno are just depth when guys are injured or ish happens which what they should be for playoff level teams. 

Capela is the impact Center we are paying. Collins is the impact Power Forward we are paying. Trae is the impact Point Guard we are paying. Now its up to your boy Cam to do what you said he would do " break the NBA " and Hunter needs to up his game as well.

Capela, Collins, Hunter, and Dedmon should be more than enough to take care of our rebounding woes. That does not include Fernando, Skal, and the rookie we may draft. This team needs more than Teague, along with Huerter or Reddish coming off the bench that can shoot a three. 6 deep in shooters is not enough for LPs offense.

I really think people are being very unrealistic if they believe Schlenk is going to pay Capela, Trez, and Collins. No team in the NBA has three bigs that are making 17M or more a season. Its not doable under normal circumstances and with the upcoming financial impact its no cap fantasy draft land in my opinion.

I am sorry you are going to be disappointed but now that we have Capela, your ask of Trez is in the same odds area of the ask for Ingram. Less than 5% in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I am sorry you are going to be disappointed but now that we have Capela, your ask of Trez is in the same odds area of the ask for Ingram. Less than 5% in my opinion.

How can both be 5% if one is a RESTRICTED free agent and the other an UNRESTRICTED free agent. What about the fact that Schlenk said we need to add someone who is 26 years old, guess what, Trez is 26. Ingram is 22. That also nodes against your both being equally 5%. 

I’d say Trez at 15-20% and Ingram at 5%.  Deal 🤝?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Because Trez is an impact player and we lack, you guessed it, impact players.

Yes sir! Plus just the way that Trae was a fit for the city of Atlanta, Trez is as well. He represents the underdog who fights like a dirty dog 🐕 in the street nightly because he knows someone is gunning for his job if he isn’t busting his butt. Trez is that prototype guy. He’s a throwback. He’s the guy who tips tips tips dives and grabs the ball and wins the game. 

I hated Draymond Green I won’t lie everyone knows I’m a scrubs hater and in particular Draymond is just a guy who is easy to hate if he’s not on your squad, but he was the glue to the team. 

Schlenk drafted Draymond. You don’t think Trez reminds him of Dray? 🤔 

Let the Trae n Trez show begin!

Old school : Stockton to Malone 

New School : Trae to Trez (I can see the T shirts now)

Ps I still love John, my love for him hasn’t wavered by any means. I like the addition of Capela as well. We need to get deep. Deep teams win. Let’s built a brand of basketball 🏀 specific to us. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes sir! Plus just the way that Trae was a fit for the city of Atlanta, Trez is as well. He represents the underdog who fights like a dirty dog 🐕 in the street nightly because he knows someone is gunning for his job if he isn’t busting his butt. Trez is that prototype guy. He’s a throwback. He’s the guy who tips tips tips dives and grabs the ball and wins the game. 

I hated Draymond Green I won’t lie everyone knows I’m a scrubs hater and in particular Draymond is just a guy who is easy to hate if he’s not on your squad, but he was the glue to the team. 

Schlenk drafted Draymond. You don’t think Trez reminds him of Dray? 🤔 

Let the Trae n Trez show begin!

Old school : Stockton to Malone 

New School : Trae to Trez (I can see the T shirts now)

Ps I still love John, my love for him hasn’t wavered by any means. I like the addition of Capela as well. We need to get deep. Deep teams win. Let’s built a brand of basketball 🏀 specific to us. 

Trez and Draymond are very, very different players. Draymond is an excellent passer, Trez is not. Draymond is one of the best defenders ever, Trez is OK. Draymond is an abhorrent finisher, Trez is one of the best in the league.

Again, Trez is a solid player, I'd take him if he's like $10-12M. $15-20M? Ain't happening. Quote me on it 

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

How can both be 5% if one is a RESTRICTED free agent and the other an UNRESTRICTED free agent.

Because Capela is making 17M a year. We are absolutely not going to pay someone 15-20M a year to be his backup.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Trez and Draymond are very, very different players. Draymond is an excellent passer, Trez is not. Draymond is one of the best defenders ever, Trez is OK. Draymond is an abhorrent finisher, Trez is one of the best in the league.

Again, Trez is a solid player, I'd take him if he's like $10-12M. $15-20M? Ain't happening. Quote me on it 

The impact he has on the game was my comparison more than attributes and traits describing his game. I live in the Bay Area, I know what Draymond Green did and does. Everything you wrote is correct but I’m describing more the impact he has on the game.

In the series vs OKC Draymond got away with punking Adams and making him go away like the mob does with people...Trez is the same. He may not be the best basketball player out there, but he will scratch, claw, fight to get the W.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Because Capela is making 17M a year. We are absolutely not going to pay someone 15-20M a year to be his backup.

We need as much depth, talent and competition at every position besides PG. what has Capela done? Does he have rings? Did he win a defensive player of the year award I’m unaware of? 🤔 No and no.

Trae to Trez shall live on.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

The impact he has on the game was my comparison more than attributes and traits describing his game. I live in the Bay Area, I know what Draymond Green did and does. Everything you wrote is correct but I’m describing more the impact he has on the game.

In the series vs OKC Draymond got away with punking Adams and making him go away like the mob does with people...Trez is the same. He may not be the best basketball player out there, but he will scratch, claw, fight to get the W.

I guess thats where I disagree. I don't think Harrell is in the same world as Draymond impact wise. Again, fine player, but I'm not breaking the bank for him. If he's cheaper than the other available options, sure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

I guess thats where I disagree. I don't think Harrell is in the same world as Draymond impact wise. Again, fine player, but I'm not breaking the bank for him. If he's cheaper than the other available options, sure

Where we disagree? He just proved it look at the Clippers record! And if your going to bring up Kawhi and PG13 I’ll bring up Steph n Klay! 😃 

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Its good to have dreams even if they are misguided.

Riiiight. Hey, sometimes we agree and other times we don’t. This is where we don’t and that’s fine. 

• Like 3

I agree with Supes on this one. There's no need to waste cap on Harrell at this point. I can't wait to see what Travis does next. This should be an interesting offseason.

23 minutes ago, TRW said:

I agree with Supes on this one. There's no need to waste cap on Harrell at this point. I can't wait to see what Travis does next. This should be an interesting offseason.

That means you don't agree with me. I am all in for Harrell. The only way I am not is if we can land Gordon Hayward instead. He fits to a T and that means we can draft Obi Toppin who's tied for my top overall prospects with Edwards and Ball 

• Haha 1

That would be a lot of money tied up at one position. Why do you think Harrell is a perfect fit? Do you see him playing some PF with Capela at Center, and how does Collins fit in your plan if we draft Toppin. I certainly wouldn't mind us signing Hayward though.

On 5/7/2020 at 6:39 PM, AHF said:

I agree with this.  I think you have to extend JC unless you get bowled over in a trade offer (as is the case with everyone on the roster).

If we signed Harrell, I have little doubt that Harrell, Capela and JC would all get major minutes.  (Harrell playing with both JC and Capela).  Dedmon's minutes would be cut.

Say:

32 for JC

28 for Capela

28 for Harrell

8 for Dedmon

That Dedmon trade man........................................Not liking it right now.  As much as I wanted Jabari gone..lol....

17 hours ago, TRW said:

That would be a lot of money tied up at one position. Why do you think Harrell is a perfect fit? Do you see him playing some PF with Capela at Center, and how does Collins fit in your plan if we draft Toppin. I certainly wouldn't mind us signing Hayward though.

Yes. I would not mind having that money in that position at least for three more seasons. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, terrell said:

That Dedmon trade man........................................Not liking it right now.  As much as I wanted Jabari gone..lol....

Next year is the last guaranteed year of his contract so it isn't bad if we just want to move on.  If we don't get another big man, that gives us a nice center rotation with Capela and Dedmon.  I thought Dedmon was overpaid on his last deal and was much more excited about the Capela trade but I do think Dedmon is real value add on the floor as opposed to Turner, Crabbe, etc. who just ate cap space and stunk.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone peek your interest?

Rather go after someone like KCP over Harkless. Harris is everyone's ideal 3rd/4th wing with our Core 3 wings.

5th wing is a critical spot and one I think we should really look into adding someone like KCP. It will be tough to pull him away from the Lakers with an one year deal so maybe a multiyear contract will do. If we miss on KCP, I would look at Torrey Craig or Kenrich Williams. 

We obviously need a backup 4. Skal is fine as a 5th big as is Bruno as a 6th big and 3rd string center splitting from CP and Atlanta this year eventually becoming our backup in 2021-2022. We need a 3rd big. Dedmon is more of a 4th big at this stage and should be used as such. That's why Montrezl Harrell, Davis Bertrans, and Gallinari are high on the list. Not to mention draftees like Obi Toppin and Onyeka Okongwu who can play PF. 

I agree with resigning Teague but only for a year. He is close to washed but the PG market for backups is garbage. He will have to do. I still think we should try to move up from our 2nd round spot and buy/swap a pick to land our backup PG of the future.

My mock would be all overall the place but assuming we draft Toppin or Okongwu, he is my mock:

Trae/Teague/2nd rounder

Cam or Kevin/Harris

Hunter/Cam or Kevin/KCP

Collins/Toppin or Okongwu/Skal

Capela/Dedmon/Skal/Bruno

If we draft Okoro, Deni Avdija or Anthony Edwards 

Trae/Teague/2nd rounder

Cam or Kevin/Harris/Edwards

Hunter/Cam or Kevin/Okoro or Edwards

Collins/Avdija or Harrell/Skal

Capela/Dedmon/Skal/Bruno

If they take one of the PGs

Trae/1st rounder/Goodwin

Cam or Kevin/Harris

Hunter/Cam or Kevin/Torrey Craig or Kenrich Williams 

Collins/Harrell/Skal

Capela/Dedmon/Skal/Bruno

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I like Temple as a backup guard, cheap.

I doubt there is any way we can convince him to sign with us to be a 6th wing. 5th maybe but 6th? No way