Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Who cares, we paid Parsons, Turner, and Crabbe a lot more. 

I think the players making peanuts who actually contribute to winning.  You are not going to pay Harrell $22 million and not extend John Collins this up coming season.  That would be nuts and irresponsible

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think the players making peanuts who actually contribute to winning.  You are not going to pay Harrell $22 million and not extend John Collins this up coming season.  That would be nuts and irresponsible

Why not?

I’m sorry but you guys all seem to be taking it personally to Collins that we are trying to add another forward. This is about depth, teams these days need to be deep if they want to make a deep run. Fine whatever, use Trez off the bench, @NBASupes and I just want a little ruggedness a little toughness and a little depth we aren’t crappin on JC by any means. Let’s get deep and go to the fckin finals and win the damn thing. Trae is acting like he ready too, let’s roll!

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Reagan-Mondale-debate-There-you-go-again

I don’t know what this means Sturt but good day to you sir! How goes it? 😊 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I agree with this.  I think you have to extend JC unless you get bowled over in a trade offer (as is the case with everyone on the roster).

44 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I have not seen anyone bash Harrell as a poor player. But do we really want to pay Harrell 15-20M to play 18 - 22 minutes a game in relief of Capella? I don't think that is smart money but others are welcome to their opinion.

If we signed Harrell, I have little doubt that Harrell, Capela and JC would all get major minutes.  (Harrell playing with both JC and Capela).  Dedmon's minutes would be cut.

Say:

32 for JC

28 for Capela

28 for Harrell

8 for Dedmon

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I agree to some extent. I think it’s a bit of both. Sum of the parts and Trez being an alpha. New guys like Kawhi and PG13 came into town but Trez said F that me and Lou been here a minute and we worked the Warriors in that one playoff game without all y’all and beat the Spud hated Scrubs by about 30!

Teams with cap space and how Trez might fare if he signed with the following:

Hawks- He would remain and alpha and fight his way into the starting lineup as a PF/C or possibly even off the bench where he has excelled. GRADE B

Knicks- RJ, Mitch, and Ju. Julius is in a way a version of Trez but less effective. Do the Knicks double up on this? If any organization is stupid enough, it’s them. GRADE D-

Pistons- Blake, possibly resigning Wood, starts getting cluttered for them. A team that is going to be in the treadmill for a while, if anything they need to shore up their backcourt more than the front. GRADE D+

Hornets 🐝- @Buzzard the true Hornets fan (I’m only kidding 🐝 it’s cuz you called me a Clipps fan 😆) loves the fit here. They have the backcourt in Graham and Rozier (I guess it’s 2 point guards but whatever it’s their team) and Miles locked in at the 3 and PJ at the 4. Cody might not be long term. Can Trez be a starting center for 82 games for them with the help of Biz. Why not! GRADE- A-

Heat- Jimmy, Bam, Herro and Nunn. You are missing a PF only here. Derrick Jones jr. out and Trez in. Trez is tough and rugged and loves to grind. Jimmy Butler the same. Pat Riley the same. The Heat training staff the same. @kg01’s BIL not the same but he would get hyphy  here no doubt and prolly gloat! 😡 GRADE- A

Suns- Rubio, Booker, Mikal, Ayton. Dario is the PF. With Trez they get extra beefy on the inside and frees Booker up even more. Trez gets to stay within the Clipps division and give them hell for a minute. GRADE- A-

Pelicans- Ball, Jrue, INGRAM (for @sturt 😆) Zion and Favors. Favors is getting old and Trez would start immediately. Trez and Zion would be a load, literally. Not sure they will be huge players for Trez but the fit isn’t the worst. GRADE- B-

Or he stays with the Clipps. 🤷‍♀️ 

What team SHOULD Trez go to? If you are Trez and his agent, do you:

A Stay with Clipps and win now with limited time.

B Go to an up an comer like the Hawks or Suns etc.

C Highest bidder even if it’s the Knicks and poop 💩 your career away.

D I love JC ❤️ so much this survey is making me angry 😡 

?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

32 for JC

28 for Capela

28 for Harrell

8 for Dedmon

That right there is a thing of beauty and takes us to the 5th or 6th seed in the east as soon as next year. With our wings and Trae, it’s something nice.

• Like 1

Harrell is a good player but redundant IMO w/ Collins and Capela already on the roster. We need shooting and defense on the worst way and he helps with neither

I'd rather get Bertans if we want a backup 4, he can shoot at least

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Bertans

I like him. Do you think his best season was behind him. He was crazy on. Can his shooting percentages get better? He’s enticing but I feel like putting a ceiling on him. Probably shouldn’t.

I think the major disagreement comes from the fact that we all see Collins and Capela are part of our future and Trez just don’t fit well with them. He operates on the same space as Capela, they don’t fit on offense and Trez don’t fit with Collins on defense.

This is not arguing if Trez is a good player or not, this is people showing their love for Collins more than for Trez.

I think Capela fits well with Collins and so does Dedmon.  Now we need to find a big that fits that group, in my opinion that big is Christian Wood, is cristal clear for me.

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I like him. Do you think his best season was behind him. He was crazy on. Can his shooting percentages get better? He’s enticing but I feel like putting a ceiling on him. Probably shouldn’t.

Last year is probably the ceiling but if he shoots like 38%, well ... let's just say thats better than Turner and Bembry

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think the major disagreement comes from the fact that we all see Collins and Capela are part of our future and Trez just don’t fit well with them. He operates on the same space as Capela, they don’t fit on offense and Trez don’t fit with Collins on defense.

This is not arguing if Trez is a good player or not, this is people showing their love for Collins more than for Trez.

I think Capela fits well with Collins and so does Dedmon.  Now we need to find a big that fits that group, in my opinion that big is Christian Wood, is cristal clear for me.

I don’t understand how Collins wouldn’t fit with Trez??...collins can fit with Trez no problem.

the problem you run into if Trez is on this team would be his fit with capela if they have to share the court together but at the same time people want to position Trez as PF due to his height and he’s not a PF he’s a center in a smaller frame. 

in my opinion adding Trez should be fine. He plays a small man 5 so when capela goes to the bench Trez can continue that same kind of play. Dedmon and Collins will be used more as shooters going forward...it’s a better fit than what those in this thread are saying.

trez brings power around the goal, good finishing ability, great hustle, defense, unstoppable motor. The only thing he can’t do is shoot .

in the playoffs Whenever we get there ...we will need some tough buckets and Trez can get those especially vs second units. 

• Like 2

Smh this damn era I can’t stand it sometimes ...a guy can’t shoot so we don’t need him . That’s idiotic I’m sorry.

every player don’t have to be a shooter. And one more newsflash did everyone forget how damn good of a efficient shooter Collins is?!!!!...Collins is the very reason you can add capela and Trez. Collins don’t have to be near he goal to drop 30. He’s very very good at on and off ball screening, positioning him self to get open for jump shots ...his teammates just have to look for him.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

I agree with this.  I think you have to extend JC unless you get bowled over in a trade offer (as is the case with everyone on the roster).

If we signed Harrell, I have little doubt that Harrell, Capela and JC would all get major minutes.  (Harrell playing with both JC and Capela).  Dedmon's minutes would be cut.

Say:

32 for JC

28 for Capela

28 for Harrell

8 for Dedmon

This is my problem. What this implies is Capela and Harrell will be on the floor at the same time. Doc used Harrell as primary backup to Zubac. That is why Zubac only got 18 minutes a game.

LP might be naive enough to play Harrell and Capela together but that does not mean he should.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Harrell is a good player but redundant IMO w/ Collins and Capela already on the roster. We need shooting and defense on the worst way and he helps with neither

I'd rather get Bertans if we want a backup 4, he can shoot at least

How is Harrell redundant? He's the only one of three who plays both ends. Bertrans defense is awful and Collins defense is one of the worse of starting PFs in the association. Considering we got Trae Young, that's the redundancy I want no part of

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

This is my problem. What this implies is Capela and Harrell will be on the floor at the same time. Doc used Harrell as primary backup to Zubac. That is why Zubac only got 18 minutes a game.

LP might be naive enough to play Harrell and Capela together but that does not mean he should.

Yeah if minutes are spread out the way @AHF wrote it out that would imply that capela and Trez share the floor together and often . That may happen at times and it won’t be the end of the world however Trez don’t have to play nearly 30 minutes to be impactful. Trez can play 25 minutes at both PF and C and will likely be in sixth man of the year conversations. That’s enough time for him to avg 18 pts and 7 or 8 boards vs second units.

also Dedmon can certainly have more minutes than just 8! We don’t have to burn out capela. We could keep capela fresh especially after he comes off this injury.

Then also for LP there’s  no need to play other players at PF or C very often outside of these main 4 guys if we were able to add Trez. That’s a very very good big man rotation that LP is given. It allows LP to keep the bigs fresh and energized throughout the season.

• Premium Member
On 5/6/2020 at 11:16 AM, NBASupes said:

Who said we aren't resigning JC

Well I remember you saying this kind of stuff, seemingly wanting Harrell in lieu of Collins.

20200507_222055.jpg

20200507_222132.jpg

20200507_222220.jpg

Granted in the final one...you did mention playing them together.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2