• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm ok with Harrell off the bench but not at what I think he'll command. ($20 mil?)

If we aren't signing JC (wether this or next season) because we'll pay Harrell $20 mil to start at PF next to Capela...that's a no go for me. I'd rather bite the bullet and max JC.

Milsap level got us 2nd round exits - pass.

Who said we aren't resigning JC

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I thought the statement was that we were looking either to sign him to a discount this summer or wait to resign him until next year (unless a great deal came along in the meantime).  That is how I expect us to handle him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I thought the statement was that we were looking either to sign him to a discount this summer or wait to resign him until next year (unless a great deal came along in the meantime).  That is how I expect us to handle him.

Yep

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What I think @JayBirdHawk is referring to are the minutes played vs the salary demands of Harrell.  The minutes just doesn't add up unless you plan on playing Harrell at back up center instead of Dedmon which would not be out of character for LP to consider.  Personally I think it would be a disaster.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What I think @JayBirdHawk is referring to are the minutes played vs the salary demands of Harrell.  The minutes just doesn't add up unless you plan on playing Harrell at back up center instead of Dedmon which would not be out of character for LP to consider.  Personally I think it would be a disaster.

I definitely think LP would play lineups of JC/Harrell if we signed him.  Whether JC was center or Harrell might vary depending on matchup.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I definitely think LP would play lineups of JC/Harrell if we signed him.  Whether JC was center or Harrell might vary depending on matchup.

H-ll LP was playing Vince and JC heavy minutes so that wouldn't be a surprise.  The question is why?

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Grant isn't a true 3. He's a hybrid and I don't know if he's a fit. He doesn't defend the perimeter well at all. He's more like Derrick Jones Jr type of defender 

I think he fits perfectly and ask Leonard what he thinks of his defense. He can be tenacious and does not back down from even the best players in the league. Not being a true SF or PF is what makes him a good role player in my mind. We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Grant is one of the best players defensively, in this horrible class of defenders, who can also score some buckets. I would be shocked if Schlenk does not give him a call.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Facts are, we need one more impact player who's a vet. Capela is a good get but we need one more. After that, minutes get limited anyway.

I know that you love John playing center and you have your reasons but man wasn't last season enough of a sample size to conclude that it weakens the team's defense and defensive rebounding?

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

5. Josh Jackson - Boom or bust guy, I wouldn't mind him as a 5th wing 

This guy was deemed as a bust but he was coming on in some games I was watching this year. He looked like he was ready to mature and move on..

Having said that, I’m scared of locker room disruption but the talent is there and he plays an effortless smooth game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

This guy was deemed as a bust but he was coming on in some games I was watching this year. He looked like he was ready to mature and move on..

Having said that, I’m scared of locker room disruption but the talent is there and he plays an effortless smooth game.

Same here. He looks changed but he still can't shoot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

I know that you love John playing center and you have your reasons but man wasn't last season enough of a sample size to conclude that it weakens the team's defense and defensive rebounding?

In spurts, we played John at the 5 with someone like VC or Parker. Harrell is a completely different caliber of player.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In spurts, we played John at the 5 with someone like VC or Parker. Harrell is a completely different caliber of player.

47% of the time at Center is not a spurt. Lets just round it up and call it what it really is. Half the season.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/collijo01.html

Just now, Buzzard said:

47% of the time at Center is not a spurt. Lets just round it up and call it what it really is. Half the season.

You really think he will play that much at the center when we now have Capela and Dedmon. Not Jones is the only active center

• Like 3