• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ohhhhh I’m gonna have to kind of disagree here...yeaaaaa (Bill Lumberg voice) I honestly think Trez can make us a 50 win team and be a starter and play 30+ minutes a game for us. To me, that’s a game changer. I realize we have Capela and Collins but there are minutes available if distributed well imo. We need his girth.

I'm not saying he won't help us win more games, just not the game changing player for what he'll be paid to come off the bench.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not necessarily. Also, Dedmon doesn’t figure in our short term plans let along long term. Trez should still be a target. I do like Bertans a lot but I don’t want to overpay for him or anyone.

I wanted Harrell going into this past season and you know I like him. But now that we have Capela locked up until 2022/23 I don't see the dire need anymore. We will be better served in my opinion spending big on some shooters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Id like to get Grant and Harris.   Bobby Portis might be too bad if he didnt have that attitude issue.  

I'm kinda scared to get into a bidding war for Harris.  Sorta like spud's suggestion of McDermott as a similar, cheaper option.

I'm with you on Grant, 100%.  And does Portis have an attitude issue or was it just the one incident with Mirotic where everybody kinda said Mirotic had it coming?

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm kinda scared to get into a bidding war for Harris.  Sorta like spud's suggestion of McDermott as a similar, cheaper option.

I'm with you on Grant, 100%.  And does Portis have an attitude issue or was it just the one incident with Mirotic where everybody kinda said Mirotic had it coming?

He had a couple in game flagrants that didn't help his position. The there's something about the eyes: 😳

Screenshot_20200430-154530_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I don't think AD is coming here and and if the free agent isn't AD, I think I'd rather spend our cash on trades for other people's stars again who are a better fit. Give the youngins one more year to grow and then make our moves next year.

IMHO we already have our future at the 1, 2 and 3. Whether long term its Collins or Capela at the 4 remains to be seen, but that 5 position has been our problem since Mutombo left. I want Wiseman in the draft. But unless we can sign AD, play him at the 4 and Capela at the 5, I don't see a needle mover in this free agent class. 

Edited by thecampster

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

So I don't think AD is coming here and and if the free agent isn't AD, I think I'd rather spend our cash on trades for other people's stars again who are a better fit. Give the youngins one more year to grow and then make our moves next year.

IMHO we already have our future at the 1, 2 and 3. Whether long term its Collins or Capela at the 4 remains to be seen, but that 5 position has been our problem since Mutombo left. I want Wiseman in the draft. But unless we can sign AD, play him at the 4 and Capela at the 5, I don't see a needle mover in this free agent class. 

I agree on AD as well. It's a seasonal dream for Squawkers to lure the big fish, hopefully it happens in the near future.

Capela isn't a 4 though, he's strictly a 5.

Which stars from other teams would you target? I'm not opposed to this idea at all trading for players into our capspace.

No needle movers except AD but our bench needs real help.

• Like 2

If not AD, I would push for Booker if the price is reasonable. This young man is still not in his prime yet. His defense can improve. Capela, Cam, Hunter, and Dedmond will help provide team defense. Booker can also play the point if needed. I would only bring in free agents on one year deals because we have to save cash for the big free agency class the following year. We need to add 1 or 2 veteran tough guys like P.J. Tucker or even a Paul Milsap for one year.

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll pass on Portis. He wants to fight his own mama. 🤦‍♀️ 

You act like this is a bad thing.  You #$#*&* *#$*&#.

th?id=OIP.DOXXznWTkXTe_jO-rV0TrQHaEy&pid

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TRW said:

If not AD, I would push for Booker if the price is reasonable. This young man is still not in his prime yet. His defense can improve. Capela, Cam, Hunter, and Dedmond will help provide team defense. Booker can also play the point if needed. I would only bring in free agents on one year deals because we have to save cash for the big free agency class the following year. We need to add 1 or 2 veteran tough guys like P.J. Tucker or even a Paul Milsap for one year.

Gimme Millsap all nite long.

I've never been a Booker fan but I think that has more to do with the Suns' "culture".  He'd probably take off in another place.  One thing he showed me this season is a willingness to do more than just jak shots.  For a while, it worked for them.  Then they Suns'd it up and took their typical dive.

First, I doubt they'd trade him unless he went the 'act up' and 'ask out' route.

Second, if he did ask out, he'd likely try to force his way to MIN to play with his besties Towns and Russell - which would be an awful decision but it's a fact that they've expressed a desire to play together.

So, all in all, I think it's not feasible to target him although I do think he could be a good fit here.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

😳 AHF... the quarantine has changed you... 😯 

... for the better? :heya:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2