• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree on AD as well. It's a seasonal dream for Squawkers to lure the big fish, hopefully it happens in the near future.

Capela isn't a 4 though, he's strictly a 5.

Which stars from other teams would you target? I'm not opposed to this idea at all trading for players into our capspace.

No needle movers except AD but our bench needs real help.

Okay so I'm looking at lists. I'm looking for players with 1 to 2 years of salary left (2020-21, 2021-22 seasons).  Let me toss out trade targets for you.

Steven Adams 1 year left, $27.5 million

Lamarcus Aldridge - 1 year left, $24 million.

Now the assumption here is you can resign either or both. 

Assets - Dedmon, Huerter, Collins, Fernando....a bunch of 2nds and our first in each of the upcoming drafts.

Trading only 1 player creates enough room to acquire both. Let's pretend Dedmon + 2 2nds nets you Adams and Huerter + Fernando nets you Aldridge.  Both teams do these trades to free up cap room/avoid the LT. San Antonio in particular has some decisions to make which Aldridge will inhibit.  Both trades are reasonable...please no arguments here.

So instead of hoping for free agents this year, you create flexibility for next year and then can get creative with Collins or deal with lingering injury possibilities with Capela/Skal.

Young/2nd round pick

Reddish/1st round pick

Hunter

Aldridge/Collins/Skal

Adams/Capela

I am not advocating this, I'm just saying to me 1 year of this and all our space back is preferable to overpaying for any borderline F/A.  If you could make both trades, you'd still have 16 million to fill out the bench, resign Teague (6 ish million)..etc

I'm not tied to those 2 players, the salary length just jumped out at me. Trades for players like Lowry and Gobert are possible with enough assets thrown at them. But 1-2 year contract players to give a team cap relief and fit them into our space. Kelly Oubre is an interesting name that could be available. I'd just rather bring in next year's free agent class than get shut out by the top names in this one. 

Hear me out on this. It doesn't matter who comes to our roster, the days of the lottery are over. we're a bottom tier playoff team no matter what we do based on natural improvement from our young players. So positioning on salary the next 3 years is now the key to being a long term player as a top team.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Okay so I'm looking at lists. I'm looking for players with 1 to 2 years of salary left (2020-21, 2021-22 seasons).  Let me toss out trade targets for you.

Steven Adams 1 year left, $27.5 million

Lamarcus Aldridge - 1 year left, $24 million.

Now the assumption here is you can resign either or both. 

Assets - Dedmon, Huerter, Collins, Fernando....a bunch of 2nds and our first in each of the upcoming drafts.

Trading only 1 player creates enough room to acquire both. Let's pretend Dedmon + 2 2nds nets you Adams and Huerter + Fernando nets you Aldridge.  Both teams do these trades to free up cap room/avoid the LT. San Antonio in particular has some decisions to make which Aldridge will inhibit.  Both trades are reasonable...please no arguments here.

So instead of hoping for free agents this year, you create flexibility for next year and then can get creative with Collins or deal with lingering injury possibilities with Capela/Skal.

Young/2nd round pick

Reddish/1st round pick

Hunter

Aldridge/Collins/Skal

Adams/Capela

I am not advocating this, I'm just saying to me 1 year of this and all our space back is preferable to overpaying for any borderline F/A.  If you could make both trades, you'd still have 16 million to fill out the bench, resign Teague (6 ish million)..etc

I'm not tied to those 2 players, the salary length just jumped out at me. Trades for players like Lowry and Gobert are possible with enough assets thrown at them. But 1-2 year contract players to give a team cap relief and fit them into our space. Kelly Oubre is an interesting name that could be available. I'd just rather bring in next year's free agent class than get shut out by the top names in this one. 

Hear me out on this. It doesn't matter who comes to our roster, the days of the lottery are over. we're a bottom tier playoff team no matter what we do based on natural improvement from our young players. So positioning on salary the next 3 years is now the key to being a long term player as a top team.

I'd do the Adams deal. Pass on Aldridge - he's an expiring 35 year old unlikely to stick around with Hawks so I wouldn't give up core players for that.

I'd make the OKC 2022 1st available in these such trades.

'Sap is 35, would be the perfect backup 4 to fill Uncle VC's mentor shoes to JC/Bruno, would bring a wise and steady voice to the locker room, would bring that hard hat blue collar work ethic to rub off on others, and is affordable. Wouldn't hate it 👷

• Like 2

1. Montrezl Harrell - Impact guy. Already okay coming off the bench. Makes us not in desperation mode with John. To me, he is Millsap level when we signed him from Utah.

2. Davis Bertrans but I know he's resigning with Washington. Word through the grapevine 

3. Paul Millsap - Good vet who does everything we need. Denver will try at all cost to resign him.

4. Jeremi Grant - Denver has to choose between Grant or Millsap. One or the other.

Those are my top Bigs 

Even if we draft Okoro or Edwards. I would like to target a sharpshooter. 

1. Joe Harris - the issue with Harris is I don't like the idea of starting him and as a backup with Kevin, its redundant. 

2. Trade for Dougie Mac - What's the cost though 

3. Jae Crowder - Best backup 3 on the market who's a vet. I wouldn't mind a big one year deal for him while Okoro or Edwards is learning.

4. KCP - See Jae but #2.

5. Josh Jackson - Boom or bust guy, I wouldn't mind him as a 5th wing 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Jerami Grant should get a phone call from Schlenk at one minute after midnight. I think he fits the description Schlenk gave perfectly. He is a reserve and he will push Hunter for playing time.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/01/13/jerami-grant-nuggets-clippers-screen/

Grants minutes increased to 30 when SAP went down in January and February. He is not a good rebounder; but he put up solid numbers for a role player when he did get the extended minutes.

January Splits: 30.1 Minutes

13.6 PTS, 4.4 TRB, .786 FT%, .368 3P%, .575 TS%

February Splits: 30.2 Minutes

14.6 PTS, 3.4 TRB, .885 FT%, .378 3P%, .627 TS%

This past season the Nuggets played him at SF 31% of the time. I do not see how any team can think of him as a starting PF with those rebounding numbers; but he should work out to be a great long term bench player.

Grant isn't a true 3. He's a hybrid and I don't know if he's a fit. He doesn't defend the perimeter well at all. He's more like Derrick Jones Jr type of defender 

• Like 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Even if we draft Okoro or Edwards. I would like to target a sharpshooter. 

1. Joe Harris - the issue with Harris is I don't like the idea of starting him and as a backup with Kevin, its redundant. 

2. Trade for Dougie Mac - What's the cost though 

3. Jae Crowder - Best backup 3 on the market who's a vet. I wouldn't mind a big one year deal for him while Okoro or Edwards is learning.

4. KCP - See Jae but #2.

5. Josh Jackson - Boom or bust guy, I wouldn't mind him as a 5th wing 

You're not saying Crowder is a sharp shootr are you?  because i disagree.  I also don't really like him so theres that.  30 years old, been on 3 teams in 4 years, and hasn't been that consistent since he left Boston.    shoots 32% from 3.  Seems like we could do better somehow

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You're not saying Crowder is a sharp shootr are you?  because i disagree.  I also don't really like him so theres that.  30 years old, been on 3 teams in 4 years, and hasn't been that consistent since he left Boston.    shoots 32% from 3.  Seems like we could do better somehow

Like Ariza, Crowder's a guy living off a rep he barely earned in the first place.  His "value" over the years has been his cheap deal.  Now that that's gone ....

What are people's thoughts on the guy Supers mentioned, and a guy showing up multiple places as a potential target for us, Derrick Jones, Jr.?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

There are no other options after Dougie. Bogi is getting matched at all cost. Hield will cost us Kevin, Atlanta ain't touching that one.

23 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Like Ariza, Crowder's a guy living off a rep he barely earned in the first place.  His "value" over the years has been his cheap deal.  Now that that's gone ....

What are people's thoughts on the guy Supers mentioned, and a guy showing up multiple places as a potential target for us, Derrick Jones, Jr.?

He doesn't really fit at all. Even less than Grant. 

• Like 2