• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You really think he will play that much at the center when we now have Capela and Dedmon. Not Jones is the only active center

I really hope not. With Capela and Dedmon, barring injury to either, Collins should only play Center 10% at the most. LP outsmarts himself with these small ball lineups. If getting Capela and Dedmon does not stop him from doing that, nothing will.

I don’t think we can play Collins at center too much. I understand small ball but I think Collins should stay put at PF and just dominate the 4’s and preserve his career. We had another guy here a while back that whines about being a 5, and then we wore Alice down to the point he threw a fit and left.

Collins is the 4 to me. Pick and roll to death. Capela rim runs. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

and then we wore Alice down to the point he threw a fit and left.

And continued to play C.  lol.  In fact he left when we were planning to move him to PF full time.  JC isn't as good a passer or defender but has more offensive weapons. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t think we can play Collins at center too much. I understand small ball but I think Collins should stay put at PF and just dominate the 4’s and preserve his career. We had another guy here a while back that whines about being a 5, and then we wore Alice down to the point he threw a fit and left.

I think Harrell is going to get paid. The Hornets are my 1st thought with Cody Zeller and Bismark Biyombo as their two rotational centers. I also think PJ Washington is being played out of position at Power Forward or maybe he is a tweener. But at 6'7" 230 his rebounding numbers ( 5.4 ) are horrible for a Power Forward.

The Knicks are my 2nd thought since they need a defensive backup for Randle and insurance for the foul prone Mitchell Robinson.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think Harrell is going to get paid. The Hornets are my 1st thought with Cody Zeller and Bismark Biyombo as their two rotational centers. I also think PJ Washington is being played out of position at Power Forward or maybe he is a tweener. But at 6'7" 230 his rebounding numbers ( 5.4 ) are horrible for a Power Forward.

The Knicks are my 2nd thought since they need a defensive backup for Randle and insurance for the foul prone Mitchell Robinson.

Oh please not the Hornets 🐝 I don’t wanna face Trez that many times a year. If we aren’t in on Trez I hope he stays out west.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh please not the Hornets 🐝 I don’t wanna face Trez that many times a year. If we aren’t in on Trez I hope he stays out west.

I think the Hornets will make a run at him. They can move PJ to SF and play Harrell at the 4 or 5. Whomever they draft should not impact chasing Harrell that much since in reality they have two slots to fill.

Of all the teams with cap space, I think they have the biggest need for a quality starting big. Knicks are not far behind in my opinion; but I have grown ice cold on Robinson and his ability to ever stay on the floor. I am starting to see him as a career quality backup.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I mean, I like Harrell and all but let's not get carried away.  He's an energy big who's a junkman offensively.  He brings some intangibles that we lack but let's remember he's not close to being an all-star in the East or West.

:good:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

PJ to SF

This isn’t gonna work. There is no way PJ can play SF. Way too heavy bottom set in the hips to keep up with SF around the league lateral speed speaking. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I mean, I like Harrell and all but let's not get carried away.  He's an energy big who's a junkman offensively.  He brings some intangibles that we lack but let's remember he's not close to being an all-star in the East or West.

No way. The guy WAS a junk man but now he is legitimately skilled. In the East he will be an all star ⭐️ (well unless he goes to a team that is just trash like the Knicks, then he will get numbers but won’t make the team due to record.

Hes legit.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This isn’t gonna work. There is no way PJ can play SF. Way too heavy bottom set in the hips to keep up with SF around the league lateral speed speaking. 

Maybe he gets better but playing him at PF is a weak link on the glass right now. 5.4 boards a game probably puts him last among starting Power Forwards.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No way. The guy WAS a junk man but now he is legitimately skilled. In the East he will be an all star ⭐️ (well unless he goes to a team that is just trash like the Knicks, then he will get numbers but won’t make the team due to record.

Hes legit.

He's certainly better but he's not what I'd call a "skilled" player on either end, if we're being honest.  He's not a great defender either.  Just a hustle guy, which is something we need.  I'm not saying I don't like him for us.  I'm just saying, it's not like we're talking about an all-star.

I'm sorry, stud2.  He's not an all-star in either conference.  He's a maybe all-star, at best.  Like maybe he'd get in over the ORL guy or maybe over Flake Griffin.  Maybe.  Definitely not a lock.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You can go against @kg01 every once in a while. :curtsey:

No one can go against me, bro. :whale:

• Haha 1

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's certainly better but he's not what I'd call a "skilled" player on either end, if we're being honest.  He's not a great defender either.  Just a hustle guy, which is something we need.  I'm not saying I don't like him for us.  I'm just saying, it's not like we're talking about an all-star.

I'm sorry, stud2.  He's not an all-star in either conference.  He's a maybe all-star, at best.  Like maybe he'd get in over the ORL guy or maybe over Flake Griffin.  Maybe.  Definitely not a lock.

No one can go against me, bro. :whale:

Wait what?  Spud you think Harrell is an all star?  the 6'7" center Harrell?  Who's started 25 games in 5 year NBA career and hasn't cracked 10 rebounds per36 yet and doesn't have any range?   I mean it's hard not to like his hustle but he probably needs to become a starter before we start talking all star.    Or maybe we're talking about someone else and i'm being dumb.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Teams started to kill our 1-4 PnR with extreme hedging and we couldn't make them pay because our wings couldn't shoot till the 2nd half of the season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Maybe he gets better but playing him at PF is a weak link on the glass right now. 5.4 boards a game probably puts him last among starting Power Forwards. 

But he didn’t get the minutes in Clipperland and he was still one of their most effective. You’re telling me that if you ask Harrell to board more in slightly higher minutes that he is unable to do it? I dunno man the guy is tough and now he’s learning the rule book to the extreme and is only beginning.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm sorry, stud2.  He's not an all-star in either conference.  He's a maybe all-star, at best

🤔... ya possibly but I honestly think with increased minutes he would be one of the better East front court players. I guess we will find out, unless he signs back in the west.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Wait what?  Spud you think Harrell is an all star?  the 6'7" center Harrell?  Who's started 25 games in 5 year NBA career and hasn't cracked 10 rebounds per36 yet and doesn't have any range?   I mean it's hard not to like his hustle but he probably needs to become a starter before we start talking all star.    Or maybe we're talking about someone else and i'm being dumb.  

:beee: 

-Trez

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Teams started to kill our 1-4 PnR with extreme hedging and we couldn't make them pay because our wings couldn't shoot till the 2nd half of the season. 

True but we have the roster that allowed us to run that system well. Bad part for us was that Cam and Huerter aka the shooters were feelin they young selves out. But gaining more confidence with each game.