• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

39 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Peoriabird

Right now,

Trez>Collins (not in terms of numbers perhaps but effecting winning)

Collins needs to get that Trez rage in his play. Get tough get physical win games.

Trez as the Clippers best player led them to the playoffs last year in the west. 

I don't even see how this could be a debate.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trez as the Clippers best player led them to the playoffs last year in the west. 

I don't even see how this could be a debate.

Led seems strong as that usually implies someone who the team is built around.  He came off the bench 77 times for them and played quite well but also had strong production from a half dozen other players like Gallinari, Harris, Lou, SGA/Bev.  Legit question as I didn't watch a ton of them last year.  Why didn't they bring Galli or Harris off the bench if he was their leader and best player?

(I agree there is a stat based case for him as the best player last year but it isn't a big gap.  This was a sum of its parts team to me rather than a Big 2 or something where Harrell was part of the "big")

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

Led seems strong as that usually implies someone who the team is built around.  He came off the bench 77 times for them and played quite well but also had strong production from a half dozen other players like Gallinari, Harris, Lou, SGA/Bev.  Legit question as I didn't watch a ton of them last year.  Why didn't they bring Galli or Harris off the bench if he was their leader and best player?

(I agree there is a stat based case for him as the best player last year but it isn't a big gap.  This was a sum of its parts team to me rather than a Big 2 or something where Harrell was part of the "big")

I agree with everything you wrote. I wasn't trying to ensue he was Jordan in 1988. Just saying he was the best player on a playoff team. 

46 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You'll not drive a wedge between me and my king(sic).  No matter how crazy he may be.

I love you KG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

This was a sum of its parts team to me rather than a Big 2 or something where Harrell was part of the "big")

I agree to some extent. I think it’s a bit of both. Sum of the parts and Trez being an alpha. New guys like Kawhi and PG13 came into town but Trez said F that me and Lou been here a minute and we worked the Warriors in that one playoff game without all y’all and beat the Spud hated Scrubs by about 30!

Teams with cap space and how Trez might fare if he signed with the following:

Hawks- He would remain and alpha and fight his way into the starting lineup as a PF/C or possibly even off the bench where he has excelled. GRADE B

Knicks- RJ, Mitch, and Ju. Julius is in a way a version of Trez but less effective. Do the Knicks double up on this? If any organization is stupid enough, it’s them. GRADE D-

Pistons- Blake, possibly resigning Wood, starts getting cluttered for them. A team that is going to be in the treadmill for a while, if anything they need to shore up their backcourt more than the front. GRADE D+

Hornets 🐝- @Buzzard the true Hornets fan (I’m only kidding 🐝 it’s cuz you called me a Clipps fan 😆) loves the fit here. They have the backcourt in Graham and Rozier (I guess it’s 2 point guards but whatever it’s their team) and Miles locked in at the 3 and PJ at the 4. Cody might not be long term. Can Trez be a starting center for 82 games for them with the help of Biz. Why not! GRADE- A-

Heat- Jimmy, Bam, Herro and Nunn. You are missing a PF only here. Derrick Jones jr. out and Trez in. Trez is tough and rugged and loves to grind. Jimmy Butler the same. Pat Riley the same. The Heat training staff the same. @kg01’s BIL not the same but he would get hyphy  here no doubt and prolly gloat! 😡 GRADE- A

Suns- Rubio, Booker, Mikal, Ayton. Dario is the PF. With Trez they get extra beefy on the inside and frees Booker up even more. Trez gets to stay within the Clipps division and give them hell for a minute. GRADE- A-

Pelicans- Ball, Jrue, INGRAM (for @sturt 😆) Zion and Favors. Favors is getting old and Trez would start immediately. Trez and Zion would be a load, literally. Not sure they will be huge players for Trez but the fit isn’t the worst. GRADE- B-

Or he stays with the Clipps. 🤷‍♀️ 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not trying to hate.  I don't doubt that he is a real difference maker.  I just can't wrap my head around how the alpha personality who was the best player on the 18-19 roster never got a regular starting role.

Doc said it was due to being a backup is his best position due to his offense. He's best on offense v. Backups. He's a plus starter defense wise. I remember hearing him in an interview. He's a 5 on offense and is best off the bench from Doc's point of view. 

We should use him the same way

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Doc said it was due to being a backup is his best position due to his offense. He's best on offense v. Backups. He's a plus starter defense wise. I remember hearing him in an interview. He's a 5 on offense and is best off the bench from Doc's point of view. 

We should use him the same way

That is all fine and dandy if you plan on playing Capela the same way the Clippers played Zubac this year.

Zunac started 62 or 64 games but only averaged 18.1 minutes a game. I think if Harrell came here, providing Capela is healthy, the minutes would be flip flopped in favor of Capela. Which is my point and others on Harrell,

I have not seen anyone bash Harrell as a poor player. But do we really want to pay Harrell 15-20M to play 18 - 22 minutes a game in relief of Capella? I don't think that is smart money but others are welcome to their opinion.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

That is all fine and dandy if you plan on playing Capela the same way the Clippers played Zubac this year.

Zunac started 62 or 64 games but only averaged 18.1 minutes a game. I think if Harrell came here, providing Capela is healthy, the minutes would be flip flopped in favor of Capela. Which is my point and others on Harrell,

I have not seen anyone bash Harrell as a poor player but do we really want to pay Harrell 15-20M to play 18 - 22 minutes a game in relief of Capella? I don't think that is smart money but others are welcome to their opinion.

When you can bring a 9-10 WAR player off the bench when the last two years we been bringing negatives off the bench for bigs, this is a substantial difference. Hell, just bringing Tim Hardaway Jr off the bench was worth some wins and we had the best bench in the east before we started the tank. You got 96 mins between these 3 with Dedmon and Bruno getting extra time when needed or injuries. All 3 can play both 4 and 5. 28 for Harrell. 30 for John. 28 for Capela. 10 for Dedmon. Easy as pie

I don't know what's so hard about this. This dude is worth this season 6.1 WAR. The only person close is Trae at 7 WAR and he was an All Star starter. Right now, our bench is shit, especially the bigs. No one with a positive WAR off the bench for bigs. Jones, VC, Bruno, all rubbish. Dedmon at the Mendoza line. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

When you can bring a 9-10 WAR player off the bench when the last two years we been bringing negatives off the bench for bigs, this is a substantial difference. Hell, just bringing Tim Hardaway Jr off the bench was worth some wins and we had the best bench in the east before we started the tank. You got 96 mins between these 3 with Dedmon and Bruno getting extra time when needed or injuries. All 3 can play both 4 and 5. 28 for Harrell. 30 for John. 28 for Capela. 10 for Dedmon. Easy as pie

You still haven't answered the million dollar question...How much are you going to pay Harrell as a bench player?

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You still haven't answered the million dollar question...How much are you going to pay Harrell as a bench player?

There is a difference between a bench player and an high impact value player who plays with a certain amount of minutes. Show me bench players worth insane value. Harrell is the best. After that in a distance but still high end is Bertrans. This guy is AN exceptional value. I would pay 20-22 mil a year for it. That's the difference between 45 wins and 55 wins in the east when you combine it with what we have, added development and fit. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

By the way, you would be paying Dedmon 1 mil per minute per game...Think about that for a moment.

Who cares, we paid Parsons, Turner, and Crabbe a lot more. 

• Like 1