• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Free Agent Targets

AHF

Just now, AHF said:

Not even close to the same level.  JC >>> HB.

Of course, I was talking about the gross overpay. Barnes is making 21 per should be around 10 since he is a wing and that's their going rate at the least. John should make at most 21, anything more than that is an overpay. Max is a gross overpay. 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Dreams of Thingram continue... 

He just won't stop. It's the worst kept secret in the association that New Orleans is resigning BI

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Of course, I was talking about the gross overpay. Barnes is making 21 per should be around 10 since he is a wing and that's their going rate at the least. John should make at most 21, anything more than that is an overpay. Max is a gross overpay. 

Even if both are overpays not all overpays are equal and JC is never going to be overpaid by nearly as much as Barnes even if he got a max contract.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, High5 said:

I'm pretty sure you rate his defense higher than anyone else on the planet does. A lot of Clippers fans will tell you he's not even a good defender. 

Statistically I don’t think he has the numbers but he’s more of a situational defender.

Example: 

Thingram gets 2 blocks; one in the second quarter and one in the early 3rd.

Trez blocks the game tying basket with 2 seconds left in the 4th.

Stats matter sometimes but it’s all about doing it at the time they matter.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Even if both are overpays not all overpays are equal and JC is never going to be overpaid by nearly as much as Barnes even if he got a max contract.

I disagree. 100%. Especially if the goal is contending. 

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

But ur the one that said Trez couldn’t play D. So I’m not ready to let you off the hook with that...or ur shadow @JayBirdHawk. SHOTS!

Hol' on, alls I said is he's not the high-level defender that folks bill him to be.  That said, his defense-by-effort would still be a welcome addition to our defense-by-nobody current attitude.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Even in your own links you have Clippers fans saying he's way behind Siakam in terms of impact, his defense is overrated, his defense can't be overrated because no one thinks that highly of it, he can't guard the long centers, he gives up a lot of easy buckets, he doesn't have the physical tools to ever be a stopper, his rim protection is weak, he's a bad rebounder, and he's not good enough to be a starter. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. 100%. Especially if the goal is contending. 

So let me get this straight.  Next year's cap was projected to be at $113M prior to Covid affecting it.

25% of $113M = $28.25M but that number is probably going to be lower

I'm going to move it down only slightly to $27M for my working assumption.

Barnes will make a little over $22.2M next season.  You think Barnes fair value is $10M.  So that means he is overpaid by $12.2M.

So you think Collins' fair mark value is $27M-$12.2M = $14.8M

Did I get that right?  Because if you think JC's fair value is close to $20M then you would have to agree that Barnes is significantly more overpaid than JC would be on a max deal.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hol' on, alls I said is he's not the high-level defender that folks bill him to be.  That said, his defense-by-effort would still be a welcome addition to our defense-by-nobody current attitude.

I describe it as defense-by-frowning.

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

But ur the one that said Trez couldn’t play D. So I’m not ready to let you off the hook with that...or ur shadow @JayBirdHawk. SHOTS!

Whoa whoa whoa - I didn't say he couldn't play defense. I agree he's no Allstar nor was he the one who LED the Clippers to the playoffs.

I've said I don't have an issue signing him, just that a $20 million dollar backup isn't financial prudent especially with cap uncertainty for next season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, High5 said:

Even in your own links you have Clippers fans saying he's way behind Siakam in terms of impact, his defense is overrated, his defense can't be overrated because no one thinks that highly of it, he can't guard the long centers, he gives up a lot of easy buckets, he doesn't have the physical tools to ever be a stopper, his rim protection is weak, he's a bad rebounder, and he's not good enough to be a starter. 

I was trying to figure out why @NBASupes thinks that Harrell is so much better at defense than Collins myself.  Collins actually had a better defensive rating than Harrell during their rookie seasons when both came off the bench.  In their 3rd years, Collins was starting and Harrell was still coming off the bench.  And even though Harrell's defensive rating were slightly better than Collins during their 3rd year, Collins averaged more blocks and rebounds per 36 minutes going against better competition in a fast paced system.  Also was 2 years older than Collins when they both entered the NBA