• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

POLL | Which ATL professional team will be first to win a title in their sport?

sturt

Which ATL professional team will be first among ATL teams to win a title in their sport? [closes 5/10 @ 10 pm]  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which ATL professional team will be first to win a title in their sport?

This poll is closed to new votes

It certainly didn't happen the way that I thought it would.

In fairness, this Braves team was better than their record. Injuries and what still feels like a massive swing the other way for a lot of the year in ability to perform in close and late situations by the Braves compared to what's been seen from them in 2018-2020 skewed things (Braves went from being tough in close and late to not being able to perform for a lot of the season). But then the pendulum swung back and that is something that we're not used to seeing.

If you played the year out with an average amount of luck, the Braves probably win 94-95 games. But maybe it was for the better that it didn't happen in real life. Braves had to go into the playoffs playing hard for a change, and that paid off (similar to the Nationals in 2019).

From what I've heard, this was the kind of team that would knock out those Braves teams during the division streak era (of which I have no recollection as I was mostly too young).

• Like 1

• Moderators

I went to the parade.   It was a lot of fun, big turnout but they were literally just speeding down P'tree.  Really felt like they just wanted to get the city of Atlanta parade over with to spend time in Cobb.   Parade started downtown at noon and it was done at 10th street at 12:30.  You can't make that time in normal traffic.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I went to the parade.   It was a lot of fun, big turnout but they were literally just speeding down P'tree.  Really felt like they just wanted to get the city of Atlanta parade over with to spend time in Cobb.   Parade started downtown at noon and it was done at 10th street at 12:30.  You can't make that time in normal traffic.  

Pics or… 😂