• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

POLL | Which ATL professional team will be first to win a title in their sport?

sturt

Which ATL professional team will be first among ATL teams to win a title in their sport? [closes 5/10 @ 10 pm]  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which ATL professional team will be first to win a title in their sport?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think the team will be good enough to be in the mix of viable MLB champions but won't have the talent edge to be prohibitive favorites.  Might end up being a one-off but the team could also be even stronger with the return of our host of injured players this season (led by Acuna).  Being even stronger wouldn't be enough to make us a prohibitive favorite but clearly would make us a viable candidate.

(Like I just said. No?)

2021-11-03_10-16-18.png

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

I don't think I'm following this.  You asked the question and then I answered it without any posts from you in between.  

Sorry... didn't mean to imply any snippiness or snarkiness in that... rather, just intending to affirm mostly agreement between what you said and what I said.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Congrats ATL fans!   I didn't watch any of the WS because I hate baseball, but i was rooting for you to win just cause I love the Hawks lol and wanted my fellow Hawks fans to be happy.

What up Shakes? Welcome.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Congrats ATL fans!   I didn't watch any of the WS because I hate baseball, but i was rooting for you to win just cause I love the Hawks lol and wanted my fellow Hawks fans to be happy.

Resonate with this so much lol I had the games on, and I genuinely TRIED to get really excited, but I don't really watch baseball and it's tough to get yourself hyped without the build-up.  Happy for the Braves though, happy for the city and all the fans, and I hope we don't go another 26 years before getting another title in this city (no im not counting ATL United)

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Resonate with this so much lol I had the games on, and I genuinely TRIED to get really excited, but I don't really watch baseball and it's tough to get yourself hyped without the build-up.  Happy for the Braves though, happy for the city and all the fans, and I hope we don't go another 26 years before getting another title in this city (no im not counting ATL United)

:spank:

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2020 at 8:05 AM, Gray Mule said:

Atlanta has five pro sports teams:

Atlanta United

Atlanta Dream

Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta Braves

Atlanta Hawks

All were set to have a better season before the crash of all pro sports.  When they do come back, I expect many things to change.  Right now, and until the medical pros come up with a vaccination to prevent this horrible disease, the fans in the stands will be a thing of the past.  With no gate to go into the payroll, salaries will suffer.  If players already under contract for big $$$ pay refuse to take a big cut, they may kill pro sports as we have known them.

All sports fans are now going mad with no team to watch and no hopes of anything happening really soon.  Whenever we recover from this, and we will some day,  we will be so happy to see our favorite teams playing that we will be all wound up.

Of the five, I believe that the Braves going back to the World Series is the most likely.  But, winning it all is something else.  Remember how many times they tried and failed.

Current Hawks team should, hopefully, be improved enough to make the playoffs right now.

:smug:

Way to go Braves!!  Who wants to go next?  Your turn!!

🥰

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Okay, okay, ATL United "counts" but when we're talking about long droughts ...definitely felt different when they won v the braves in '95 or even the braves last night.  My point was really that I hope that the fans that have hung in there for decades with no chip can get rewarded.  Long time Falcons fans, UGA fans, Hawks fans.  Those fan bases are starving right now -- ATL United was still riding the high of a new exciting franchise and BAM won a cup.  Hit different for me.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Okay, okay, ATL United "counts" but when we're talking about long droughts ...definitely felt different when they won v the braves in '95 or even the braves last night.  My point was really that I hope that the fans that have hung in there for decades with no chip can get rewarded.  Long time Falcons fans, UGA fans, Hawks fans.  Those fan bases are starving right now -- ATL United was still riding the high of a new exciting franchise and BAM won a cup.  Hit different for me.

GT wants you to keep doubtin', jeffe.  Keep leavin' us out, baybee ....

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ommovzboirqp4ugttc

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47byxmrlnjbc5cpwn03h

• Haha 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't know if it counts if counts is spelled "counts"

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

lol GT at least won one while i was alive!! 1990 i think?!

So when Kenny was killin folks you were the actual diaper dandy :indifferent:

I see what I did there… :upsidedown:

Here goes my Dickie V ..

AYYYYYYYYEEEEE THISSSS JEFFWEEE IS MADE FROM SOMETHIN ELSEEEE BAAAAAAABBBBBBYYYYY  OHHHHH HERE HE GOES AGAIN WITH THE WHAM JAAAAMMMM BAAABBYYYYY OOOOOHHHH…LIL SHOWTIME AAAANND THE FOLKS AREE LOOOVIN ITTT HEEEREEEE IN SQUAWKKKKK TOWN.. WELCOME THE NEW BABY DIAPER DANDYYYYYY JEFFREEEYYYY!!

:banjo:

• Haha 3

I remember when the pro Atlanta baseball team was named "The Atlanta Crackers!"  

Atlanta United is unique.  All the other teams play with fans from their opponent's team in the stands because they grew up somewhere else and moved to Atlanta.  No fans grew up rooting for an opponent of Atlanta United before moving here.

It counts.  This is an Atlanta exclusive team!  And, I don't even follow them.  I don't know all the rules and don't know what's going on.  Same with hockey.  Atlanta once had one of those.

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Speaking of hockey... we've got the semi-pro Atlanta Gladiators (and the league's glorious team logos) back on the Gwinnett ice in two days!

https://www.atlantagladiators.com/schedule

~lw3

Nice! Now onto your game preview! I’ve set the mood… I already saw the font color and got chills. 

image.gif.761c7558b19d7be4190e43af52cf0b1b.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2