• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

You run a 4.5 Supes? Sure you do. No one ever exaggerates their 40 times.

I know you making jokes. I was fast as shit. I am out of shape and still fast. Genetics my friend. My dad was a track star. It just came late for me. I always joked, I am fast like John Wall with a similar height and built when I was hooping but that's where the comparisons end. It really came overnight. Soph year, I ran a 5 flat and was 135 pounds. Junior year, 4.5 at 180. It was crazy and what insane, I still looked boney as hell. As a soph, someone said I looked just like Lou Williams but Lou is better in every way at Basketball. I was pissed because he was a freshman and I played hard. I didn't realize he was that cold till I played in a league he was in. Lol. Lou was one of the greatest buckets I've seen live. He had this game in high school as a freshman 

Lou was drawing fans from all over as a freshman. His game against Berkmar, this is when they had Arnold, forgot his first name and they were the best in the state. He killed them. Dropped 40 on their head. He was special. I seen all them boys. Humphreys from Dacula. Toney from Brookwood. When Mercer came to South is when they came up. Played Humphreys, didn't think he was that cold. He could shoot though. At that age we thought Morris was better than Dwight, lol.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I know you making jokes. I was fast as shit. I am out of shape and still fast. Genetics my friend. My dad was a track star. It just came late for me. I always joked, I am fast like John Wall with a similar height and built when I was hooping but that's where the comparisons end. It really came overnight. Soph year, I ran a 5 flat and was 135 pounds. Junior year, 4.5 at 180. It was crazy and what insane, I still looked boney as hell. As a soph, someone said I looked just like Lou Williams but Lou is better in every way at Basketball. I was pissed because he was a freshman and I played hard. I didn't realize he was that cold till I played in a league he was in. Lol. Lou was one of the greatest buckets I've seen live. He had this game in high school as a freshman 

Lou was drawing fans from all over as a freshman. His game against Berkmar, this is when they had Arnold, forgot his first name and they were the best in the state. He killed them. Dropped 40 on their head. He was special. I seen all them boys. Humphreys from Dacula. Toney from Brookwood. When Mercer came to South is when they came up. Played Humphreys, didn't think he was that cold. He could shoot though. At that age we thought Morris was better than Dwight, lol.

Lou won Ga player of the year over Howard if I remember correctly..

17 minutes ago, terrell said:

Lou won Ga player of the year over Howard if I remember correctly..

I doubt it, once the NBA saw Dwight as the #1 pick, they lean over backwards to give him all of the awards. Lou Williams was #1 in the nation his senior year. Dwight was his Senior year. Favors got it his senior year and that's the last time Georgia had the top guy. Anthony Edwards was a close 2nd to Cole Anthony. I think 247 had Ant as #1

Dwight Howard would leak out any time he contested a perimeter shot and if his team got the rebound, they'd just throw a touchdown to their giant target for the jam. He did that to me once... my coach yanked my ass right out. I'm like "Dafuq I'm sposda do!? It's Dwight Howard!?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, warcore said:

Dwight Howard would leak out any time he contested a perimeter shot and if his team got the rebound, they'd just throw a touchdown to their giant target for the jam. He did that to me once... my coach yanked my ass right out. I'm like "Dafuq I'm sposda do!? It's Dwight Howard!?"

The thing was, many of these kids weren't any good, they were just big and athletic as f***. It's not like today, these kids can play. I don't see the same level of athleticism though as I did when I was growing up. Also the game has become less urban and more suburban. AAU and income level of the parents has completely removed many from what used to be exclusively urban.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The thing was, many of these kids weren't any good, they were just big and athletic as f***. It's not like today, these kids can play. I don't see the same level of athleticism though as I did when I was growing up. Also the game has become less urban and more suburban. AAU and income level of the parents has completely removed many from what used to be exclusively urban.

This is so true.  You gotta pay to play nowadays, which is kinda messed up.  High level youth sports is a racket.  If you have a kid that shows he/she can play a sport at a high level, you have to be able to pay and have a parent/guardian not work to allow them to pursue it.  The travel is ridiculous.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This is so true.  You gotta pay to play nowadays, which is kinda messed up.  High level youth sports is a racket.  If you have a kid that shows he/she can play a sport at a high level, you have to be able to pay and have a parent/guardian not work to allow them to pursue it.  The travel is ridiculous.

If they are good enough they will get sponsored, but if not it can be prohibitively expensive and time consuming.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If they are good enough they will get sponsored, but if not it can be prohibitively expensive and time consuming.

Even the road to getting sponsored is cost prohibitive.  You can't get sponsored until you make a name for yourself first.

• Premium Member

Deni Avdija: 6-foot-9 forward, 19 years old, Maccabi Tel Aviv

(Israel)Isaac Okoro: 6-6 wing, 19 years old, freshman, Auburn

Devin Vassell: 6-5 wing, 19 years old, sophomore, Florida State

Tyrese Haliburton: 6-5 guard, 20 years old, sophomore, Iowa State

Killian Hayes: 6-5 guard, 18 years old, freshman, Ulm (Germany)

Onyeka Okongwu: 6-9 center, 19 years old, freshman, USC

Patrick Williams: 6-8 forward/wing, 19 years old, freshman, Florida State

Two other players who should be mentioned: 

Obi Toppin: 6-9 forward/center, 22 years old, sophomore, DaytonAaron

Nesmith, 6-6 wing, 20 years old, sophomore, Vanderbilt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It definitely irked me. 😁

Seriously though, why are people listing Nesmith at any pick higher than 20?  He's a worse version of Cam Johnson.

Lol, as it should. The shit I am going to be talking...

The Hawks are looking for a sharp but I found out that was overstated. He's a rich man's Gary Forbes. He will get picked in the lottery of this draft. He is a sharp and shooting translates the most to the modern NBA but I am not sure he's that high on Atlanta's list. 

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Don't be surprised if the Hawks trade #6 if they get back in the back half of the draft and take Cole Anthony to develop as a backup point guard.

They can go in so many directions but I been telling posters since March, TS really likes Cole Anthony. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, as it should. The shit I am going to be talking...

The Hawks are looking for a sharp but I found out that was overstated. He's a rich man's Gary Forbes. He will get picked in the lottery of this draft. He is a sharp and shooting translates the most to the modern NBA but I am not sure he's that high on Atlanta's list. 

Bring it.

I'm not sold on Nesmith.  I'm also not sold on Cole Anthony.  I just don't get the idea of selecting someone that high to groom as the 3rd pg.  What's the point?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bring it.

I'm not sold on Nesmith.  I'm also not sold on Cole Anthony.  I just don't get the idea of selecting someone that high to groom as the 3rd pg.  What's the point?

Lol, Cole Anthony is a good player. Injuries obviously hurt him and the lack of no F2F and no workouts will hurt him worse but he can play. In such a deep PG class. I mean, he's behind, Maxey, Dotson, Lewis Jr, and Maladon and that's just the 2nd tier in terms of team value.

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Lol, Cole Anthony is a good player. Injuries obviously hurt him and the lack of no F2F and no workouts will hurt him worse but he can play. In such a deep PG class. I mean, he's behind, Maxey, Dotson, Lewis Jr, and Maladon and that's just the 2nd tier in terms of team value.

But you kinda made my point for me here.  I'd take Maxey or Lewis ahead of him.  That said, I kinda feel like he'll get taken in the lottery just off name.  I don't want us trading back into the back of the lottery for him.  I certainly don't want us to make him our pick at 6 or using 6 (via trading back)

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But you kinda made my point for me here.  I'd take Maxey or Lewis ahead of him.  That said, I kinda feel like he'll get taken in the lottery just off name.  I don't want us trading back into the back of the lottery for him.  I certainly don't want us to make him our pick at 6 or using 6 (via trading back)

I doubt it. His value is really low. You have to be truly into prospects from their lower levels like me and TS is to like guys like Anthony. Where you know the difference between a bad season to a peaked player who just isn't as good as hoped. 

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I doubt it, once the NBA saw Dwight as the #1 pick, they lean over backwards to give him all of the awards. Lou Williams was #1 in the nation his senior year. Dwight was his Senior year. Favors got it his senior year and that's the last time Georgia had the top guy. Anthony Edwards was a close 2nd to Cole Anthony. I think 247 had Ant as #1

Lou was 2005 Ga player of the year(Mr. Ga. Basketball).Dwight was 2004...

Edited by terrell

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I doubt it. His value is really low. You have to be truly into prospects from their lower levels like me and TS is to like guys like Anthony. Where you know the difference between a bad season to a peaked player who just isn't as good as hoped. 

yee.gif

Oh supes.

Anthony is another guy who's older for his class.  Many people think his superb AAU profile was built on being a bit older than his comp.  Doesn't mean he's not talented, but it's curious that he went from consensus top3 to barely scraping the lottery.  I'd have to look further into his pre-injury time at UNC to get a better sense for that.

• Haha 2