• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Are you intentionally being dense? Gee, who the hell could I be talking about. 🤡

If you are talking about Trae Young or Acie Law II as you yourself has put it, Trae is barely an allstar in the coach's eyes and was pulled in the 4th quarter of the game in an attempt by the east to win.  Hardly Superstar treatment.  Does he have potential and skill? yes.  Is he a Superstar?  H-ll no!

2 hours ago, AHF said:

On Edwards, there is no way in the world I am trading the #6 and JC or Huert, our 2021 and #6 for it.  This is not a year where the #1 pick should carry its full normal premium.  There should be a price to pay to move up but these are both overpays, imo.  

Seth Greenberg said Antman's film looks more like an athlete than a basketball player. I tend to agree. He has a long way to go in terms of knowing how to play the game. I use the Dennis Schröder comparison, Dennis was terrible his rookie year but had undeniable athletic talents. Now, I would draft Antman, but if you are trading for him, it's hard to justify selling the farm for such a raw prospect. Luka, who is about as pro ready a prospect as you will ever find, only got us a protected 1st in a trade. Although that was #3 to #5, not #1 to #6.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

img_9236.jpg?w=768

Show those defensive and turnovers stats

1 minute ago, warcore said:

No. That was Nick Nurse sabotaging the East's chance to win by being a homer to his own player, Kyle Lowry, who is not on Trae's level. You have it backwards. 

Nurse is a pretty good coach don't you think or do you think LP is better

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

Yo man I think you should have kept that appointment with your doctor. 

... maybe he did.  (yikes)

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Seth Greenberg said Antman's film looks more like an athlete than a basketball player. I tend to agree. He has a long way to go in terms of knowing how to play the game. I use the Dennis Schröder comparison, Dennis was terrible his rookie year but had undeniable athletic talents. Now, I would draft Antman, but if you are trading for him, it's hard to justify selling the farm for such a raw prospect. Luka, who is about as pro ready a prospect as you will ever find, only got us a protected 1st in a trade. Although that was #3 to #5, not #1 to #6.

If Ant-man went to Texas Tech, nobody here would want him drafted.  They certainly wouldn't want to trade up for him.  If Jamius Ramsey went to UGA, folks would want him at 6.  In reality he'll go in round 2 and will be better than Edwards.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Nurse is a pretty good coach don't you think or do you think LP is better

Nurse is a great coach and better than LP. That doesn't mean he wasn't a homer to his own player in the AllStar game, which doesn't effect his regularly season record. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

Nurse is a great coach and better than LP. That doesn't mean he wasn't a homer to his own player in the AllStar game, which doesn't effect his regularly season record. 

All star games are not how to judge players. There's a lot politics, seniority stuff with that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

... maybe he did.  (yikes)

If Ant-man went to Texas Tech, nobody here would want him drafted.  They certainly wouldn't want to trade up for him.  If Jamius Ramsey went to UGA, folks would want him at 6.  In reality he'll go in round 2 and will be better than Edwards.

So take Ramsey with a late 1st?

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

So take Ramsey with a late 1st?

It would make more sense than trading up for Edwards.

I don't like either one of 'em, honestly.  Both have arguably the same warts which, for me, make them undraftable.

My point was folks need to take off their red n' black glasses and actually analyze the kid.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It would make more sense than trading up for Edwards.

I don't like either one of 'em, honestly.  Both have arguably the same warts which, for me, make them undraftable.

My point was folks need to take off their red n' black glasses and actually analyze the kid.

What's your big board for this draft?

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We all hope Reddish is better than what he has shown thus far but I don't see the upside yet.  Love John and his mentality.  Like Trae and his work ethic but there are obvious flaws in his game that he refuses to address.  I'll give Doncic credit for 1 thing, He plays winning basketball while Trae does not.  Doncic looks like a seasoned vet out there while Trae looks like he is trying to make the highlight play for ESPN.  The jury is still out on Huerter.  He is so 1 dimensional and hasn't improved.  I like Hunter because he is a smart player but he has to learn how to finish around the basket and play better defense something that I know that he is capable of. 

Now give me your draft grade on a scale of A+ to F- for what we got from the 2017 #19 pick and the 2018 #3 pick given what was available at those spots in the draft.  Those were my two A+ grades for the #19 bringing us JC and the #3 bringing both Trae and Cam.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Now give me your draft grade on a scale of A+ to F- for what we got from the 2017 #19 pick and the 2018 #3 pick given what was available at those spots in the draft.  Those were my two A+ grades for the #19 bringing us JC and the #3 bringing both Trae and Cam.

No Question I love john therefore  A draft...Doesn't get an A+ until he make the all star game.  Trae is an offensive marvel minus the turnovers so A.  Cam?  I don't know yet.. so B- so far but Ith grade can improve obviously.  Huerter isn't even better than Duncan Robinson yet.  Hope he gets there but he hasn't made any progress. B-  I would have to give Hunter a B- also since so much draft capital was used to acquire him.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

No Question I love john therefore  A draft...Doesn't get an A+ until he make the all star game.  Trae is an offensive marvel minus the turnovers so A.  Cam?  I don't know yet.. so B- so far but Ith grade can improve obviously.  Huerter isn't even better than Duncan Robinson yet.  Hope he gets there but he hasn't made any progress. B-  I would have to give Hunter a B- also since so much draft capital was used to acquire him.

All A's and B's for his 5 first round picks.  Sounds like an outstanding draft track record to me.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

What's your big board for this draft?

Ah, I posted it here not long ago but can't find it.  I'll try to re-create ...

Tier 1: Ball

Tier 2: Hayes, Avdija, Okongwu, Wiseman, Okoro

Tier 3: Haliburton, Toppin, Edwards, Vassell, Maxey, Williams

• Confused 1