• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm starting to think we'll end up with Deni or Hayes.  If we stay at 6.  Okoro if we trade down.

That's the consensus of every eggspert I've heard.  Many love him though.  See him as a more skilled Porzingo. 🤯

But is a long term play.  Like, really long term gamble.

That's why if we trade for another 1st, you can take him and GL him or stash him overseas.

23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Who is the one player that can help Trae the most?

I'm not sure I'm a proponent of the making personnel decisions with Trae as the sun everyone revolves around. To build a championship team I see Trae ideally as our second best player, or at least a co-star with someone else. Hopefully those assists numbers go up and the number of shots comes down. There just aren't many examples of championship teams with a small defensively challenged point guard as their best player, although Steve Nash should have at least one were he not screwed by the league.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, bleachkit said:

I'm not sure I'm a proponent of the making personnel decisions with Trae as the sun everyone revolves around. To build a championship team I see Trae ideally as our second best player, or at least a co-star with someone else. Hopefully those assists numbers go up and the number of shots comes down. There just aren't many examples of championship teams with a small defensively challenged point guard as their best player, although Steve Nash should have at least one were he not screwed by the league.

Jason Walker brought up a good point on twitter that this feels like the elusive quest to find a compliment to Jason Terry back in the day.  Luckily for us Trae is a LOT better than JT, but i think we find the best players we can.  Cam and Heurter are already pretty promising back court mates for Trae.

• Like 3

Listening to a Twolves podcast, talking draft trades

First of all, guy suggested trading #1 to WAS for #9 and Troy Brown - guest said he'd go for that because he thinks Troy Brown will be better than Edwards.  Let that sink in.  Troy Brown (who? exactly).  That random wing that plays for WAS who you couldn't pick out of a lineup if he had his jersey on.

Anyways, onto the Hawks who he said is desperate and want to keep Edwards home to "put a**es in the seats".  Yeah ok guy.  His proposal

to MIN: Heurter, #6, unprotected 2021 1st rounder, Goodwin

to ATL: Culver, #1

"I see a world where Atlanta does that.", he says.  What the heyul?

So freaking Troy Brown is worth moving from 9 to 1?  Troy Brown who will probably be playing in Lebanon in a year or so and who has no distinguishing skill.  But the Hawks can't get from 6 to 1 without throwing in an UNPROTECTED 1st round pick?

Oh and we take back Culver who's a throw-in since he was TERRIBLE as a rookie.

Host says, in his assessment, he skipped over the Hawks since he expects us to ride it out at 6 or try to trade down.  ding, ding, ding.  We have a winner.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

First of all, guy suggested trading #1 to WAS for #9 and Troy Brown - guest said he'd go for that because he thinks Troy Brown will be better than Edwards.  Let that sink in.  Troy Brown (who? exactly).  That random wing that plays for WAS who you couldn't pick out of a lineup if he had his jersey on.

Anyways, onto the Hawks who he said is desperate and want to keep Edwards home to "put a**es in the seats".  Yeah ok guy.  His proposal

So freaking Troy Brown is worth moving from 9 to 1?  Troy Brown who will probably be playing in Lebanon in a year or so and who has no distinguishing skill.  But the Hawks can't get from 6 to 1 without throwing in an UNPROTECTED 1st round pick?

Host says, in his assessment, he skipped over the Hawks since he expects us to ride it out at 6 or try to trade down.  ding, ding, ding.  We have a winner.

Sounds like a bit of a garbage podcast!  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

When Antman is bricking shots and missing defensive assignments those asses will be getting up from their seats and heading out the arena. This is a very talented but very raw prospect. It's almost like when we drafted Dennis Schröder, and he looked really rough his rookie year despite his athletic gifts. Antman might be borderline unplayable his rookie year. You don't get away with bad shots, turnovers and matador defense in the NBA. He's has a lot to learn about the nuances of winning team basketball. I'm all for trading up if the price is right, but selling the farm? Like you said, hell no.

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Iverson and Philly got awfully close.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Like I said last year, Cam, Cam, Cam, or trade down and land Cam

Toppin, Toppin, Toppin, or trade down and land Toppin

I am okay with Okongwu at 6 for numerous reasons. 

Can we just pick up Kuzma off the scrap heap instead of wasting a lotto pick on a guy that's not gonna help us win?

• Haha 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Iverson and Philly got awfully close.

Not really.  They won a couple close series to make the finals.  They won an 88-87 game 7 in the second round of the playoffs in a series were they were outscored by 11 overall and then won another game 7 to make the finals.  The finals were not close.  Philly beat the odds by only getting beat 4-1 by a vastly superior Lakers squad that didn't seem fully engaged but still won games 2-5 by an average of over 10 points per game.  

• Premium Member

Different drafts projects have us taking Onyeka Okongwu.

If that were to happen would that mean Capela is gone? At least a one year starter before Okongwu took his job? I can't see them moving JC because Okongwu has no outside shooting.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

If that were to happen would that mean Capela is gone? At least a one year starter before Okongwu took his job? I can't see them moving JC because Okongwu has no outside shooting.

I can't see us unloading Capela.  I see anyone we draft and Okongwu in particular as coming off the bench.  Gwu could provide some backup minutes at both PF and C.  Year 2 he could replace Dedmon as the primary backup C and keep filling in as the backup PF for a larger share of the minutes.  If he develops more quickly to earn more minutes then that would be a great problem to have.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Back up at PF and C off the bench. I'd say we have Capela for at least 2 more years. This teams lacks quality depth. Nothing wrong with Gwu coming off the bench for a couple of years.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can we just pick up Kuzma off the scrap heap instead of wasting a lotto pick on a guy that's not gonna help us win?

Toppin is more of a Amare/Blake hybrid than Kuzma...... at least on offense. He develops a legit face up game (has the handles to do so) and he could be a 25+ PPG scorer in this league. You can also argue he moves exactly like Amare on defense as well (not a good thing). I don't trust him guarding the perimeter at all.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Back up at PF and C off the bench. I'd say we have Capela for at least 2 more years. This teams lacks quality depth. Nothing wrong with Gwu coming off the bench for a couple of years.

Okongwu can't play PF in this league until he develops a 3 pt shot..... OR there is a 3pt shooting C playing with him. The spacing with him and Capela on the floor would be horrible for Trae and horrible for our offense. Luckily we have Dedmon so minutes are there ....this year at least.

It just doesn't make any sense to me to invest a lottery pick in a Capela-like player in Okongwu when we literally just traded for Capela to be part of our core (with Trae and JC) and he just turned 26. Unless he is BPA. And he won't be BPA be on my board at #6.

• Premium Member
Just now, GameTime said:

Toppin is more of a Amare/Blake hybrid than Kuzma...... at least on offense. He develops a legit face up game (has the handles to do so) and he could be a 25+ PPG scorer in this league. You can also argue he moves exactly like Amare on defense as well (not a good thing). I don't trust him guarding the perimeter at all.

Okongwu can't play PF in this league until he develops a 3 pt shot..... OR there is a 3pt shooting C playing with him. The spacing with him and Capela on the floor would be horrible for Trae and horrible for our offense. Luckily we have Dedmon so minutes are there ....this year at least.

It just doesn't make any sense to me to invest a lottery pick in a Capela-like player in Okongwu when we literally just traded for Capela to be part of our core (with Trae and JC) and he just turned 26. Unless he is BPA. And he won't be BPA be on my board at #6.

Year 1 - If he's coming off the bench at PF he'd be paired with Dedmon (who I hope can rediscover his 3pt stroke). Or in some smaller lineups with JC.

Year 2 - Dedmon moves on, he backs up Capela

Year 3 - see where we are.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think we will end up with LaMelo, Haliburton or Okoro. 

I want Toppin but I truly think he will be gone at #3.

Drafting players that cant shoot for this team is scary(Melo/Okoro) ..Im leaning towards Hayes, or Deni(at least his form is good), if we go PG or Wing. Unless we trade down(Nesmith)...I like Haliburton somewhat, but he looks like hes going to snap in half he's so skinny..lol....

Edited by terrell

13 hours ago, marco102 said:

If Lamelo is there, I'd auction him off to New York or Detroit for future assets and then take Killian Hayes. I've been watching tons of video on him tonight, I've convinced myself he's the best prospect for us at 6 with the most upside. 

Not a great athlete..He can shoot..Good ball handler..Good passer..Good at changing speeds..Great in the pick and roll. Can shoot off the dribble....Sounds kind of familiar. lol

Edited by terrell