• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

Just now, Spud2nique said:

There’s something very Jannero Pargo about his game, it’s not bad but more for a later pick.

What the?  I'd say more Manu-y.

On another note, heard some interesting stuff from a Forbes NBA guy.

- On Wiseman, and drafting centers in general, why spend a lotto pick on a guy when you can probably get 75-80% of what he'll be for $5-6 mil in free agency?

- Said CHI and CLE have been high on Avdija

- Had no intel on us.  He said he liked Haliburton and Vassell for us though.

• Like 4

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Is that a fact or...

I'd argue, if we aren't trading back up for a back up point guard, he's literally the second best pick and roll passer in the draft behind Lamelo.  We run tons of pick and rolls so he'd fit right in.  He'd compliment Trae in my eyes and he has tons of upside too.  The one thing that's translated in today's NBA is the draft players that are skilled.  Hayes is very skilled.  

He also played better defense this sesaon, so there's some defensive potential there. He's not great by far on that end, but he has a better defensive BBIQ than Lamelo and Edwards coming into the NBA.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Is that a fact or...

Yes it is. 

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'd argue, if we aren't trading back up for a back up point guard, he's literally the second best pick and roll passer in the draft behind Lamelo.  We run tons of pick and rolls so he'd fit right in.  He'd compliment Trae in my eyes and he has tons of upside too.  The one thing that's translated in today's NBA is the draft players that are skilled.  Hayes is very skilled.  

He also played better defense this sesaon, so there's some defensive potential there. He's not great by far on that end, but he has a better defensive BBIQ than Lamelo and Edwards coming into the NBA.

People forget he just turned 19. The guys BBIQ is up there with Harden in Arizona State. Similarly, he has that knack for using his IQ offensively to get where he needs to be on offense. His 3pt shooting will improve and has already improved throughout the year. He is an elite FT shooter already and that should translate to at least an average shooter in this league, though I believe he could get to the 38-39% shooting a good clip at his peak of his career. 

Both 3 level scorer and passer combinations with potential for above average defense don't grow on trees folks. The kid can play.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I've gotten over my funk of not being top 4. 

I'm looking at Killian Hayes and I have to remind myself, like Edwards and LaMelo, he's super young and has shown tons of improvement in the past year.  I'm moving him to number one on my list for the 6th pick. 

I remember liking Haliburton a while back too, but his frame needs a lot of work and I'm not sure how his shot will translate.  His mechanics are not ideal, but if it does translate, he'll be a great option once he puts on more weight. Killian already has a ton of size and can man the backup point guard too from day one.

Okoro would be my third.  Man, only if this guy could shoot.  He does everything else you need to win.  He does need to work on his handle a bit more, but his off ball movement is great and the defensive potential is also great.  He's third because I think a combo guard with defensive potential is a bigger need long term for the team. 

Okongwu would be my fourth.  I just like this kid's tape.  

Deni would be 5th on my list.  A point forward type could help us a ton too.  I just don't see Deni getting past Chicago or Clevelan.

So my new wish list is. 

1. Killian Hayes

2. Hailiburton

3.Okoro

4. Okongwu

5. Deni 

Deni is growing on me. His size and skill set would make him an instant mismatch for other teams. Guys 6'9" or taller that can pass and handle the ball like a guard are very rare.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I think he can play 4/5 5/4 like Schlenk wants. Outside of Trae and Capela, no key player of ours plays only one positions, it’s at least 2, in the case of Cam and Hunter, prolly 3 positions.

He'll  probably surpass Dedmon(who could be traded) in no time as the backup 5 regardless..lol

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know what our plan is yet. I don't think the Hawks know either yet. Medicals, combine, measurements, interviews, workouts, etc still needed. Remember, TS had Culver over Hunter and Reddish and listed him as our top prospect after the big 3. 

Good lord Schlenk..lol

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

What the?  I'd say more Manu-y.

On another note, heard some interesting stuff from a Forbes NBA guy.

- On Wiseman, and drafting centers in general, why spend a lotto pick on a guy when you can probably get 75-80% of what he'll be for $5-6 mil in free agency?

- Said CHI and CLE have been high on Avdija

- Had no intel on us.  He said he liked Haliburton and Vassell for us though.

This is why I think Wiseman will fall..

• Premium Member

Interesting info to consider:

It is understandable that Hawks fans are excited about Cam Reddish and, seemingly to a lesser degree, De’Andre Hunter. Overall, though, Atlanta probably needs two or three additional wings (if not more) that are rotation-caliber to set themselves up to start pursing real goals in the next couple of years.

In summary, a next step for the Hawks is to add strong depth. It is not the only step for the franchise, but it is an important one. To that end, the first round of the 2020 postseason can serve as invaluable input at to what that step might need to look like.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Either wings, or another PG who can score in bunches off the bench.

With the way Schröder played last night, it makes you wonder if the Hawks may have been better off keeping Dennis, than letting him go.

Dennis wanted out.  No use in keeping a disgruntled player around.  Would he have taken a bench roll to Trae so easily?  Probably not.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Either wings, or another PG who can score in bunches off the bench.

With the way Schröder played last night, it makes you wonder if the Hawks may have been better off keeping Dennis, than letting him go.

Dennis wanted out and I doubt he would have been accepting of his role here like he is in OKC.

• Like 1

• Moderators

You are both right.  Dennis benefited from the reality check that came with being traded.  Can you imagine how ugly it would have been when Trae started like garbage his rookie year?  Either you insult Dennis by having him play a limited role behind a struggling rookie or you impair Trae’s critically needed development.  

• Like 3

Listening to another good draft-related podcast, Prep2Pro, and came away with some notes.  Just opinions to share, discuss

- Their picks for the Hawks were Deni or Vassell.  Rationale was we need a secondary creator and whoever we get needs to be a defensive presence.

- Hated the idea of Obi but, to be fair to Supes, these guys are very low on him.  Said him to CLE would be a huge mistake.  They had some really bad things to say about Toppin.  I wouldn't recommend Supes listening.  His head might explode.  Told the story that Obi only visited Dayton because he thought it was in Daytona Beach.  😬 Said that, if he tried to post up Smart, he'd get pushed out to the 3pt line since his center of gravity is in his neck. 😏

- One guy mentioned Maxey or Poku to us, if we trade down.

- Said many think Haliburton would be good for us but all that would do is give us 2 guys who can be attacked defensively.

- Suggested the Knicks trade with us to get ahead of DET for Hayes - who they also liked for us.  This could be a way for us to get a high 2nd back.  If it were me, I'd just take Hayes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1