• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

10 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

There are channels  on Youtube who don't think that highly of Okoro has Hawksquawk.  I have heard him being compared to Stanley Johnson and Justice Winslow.  There was one Channel that stated Issac Okoro's best potential would be Caron Butler.  Does anyone have any worries that we could be over evaluating Okoro's potential? is he a big gamble for the 6th pick?

Of course he's a gamble, he can't shoot. There's a good chance he becomes nothing more than a defensive role player. But he doesn't have many holes in his game aside from that, and if he learns to shoot he has the strength and athleticism to be a threat on offense. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

But if you're drafting a back up point guard, get the guy with a lot of experience who is like 22. 

My bad I thought you were talking about FA not rookies. Ya, old ass rookies or someone who is a sleeper, well, I dunno anymore but someone like Tyrell Terry. Saw him at Stanford live. ill 🤒 baller 🤑 alert 🚨 He picks up on things fast. 

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Of course he's a gamble, he can't shoot. There's a good chance he becomes nothing more than a defensive role player. But he doesn't have many holes in his game aside from that, and if he learns to shoot he has the strength and athleticism to be a threat on offense. 

Don't forget the movement skills and passing potential. 

Jaylen Brown is also a name he compares to favorably shooting wise as a prospect 

36 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Supes do you know if we decided to take a PG in the lottery(Haliburton or Hayes) would we still look to buy back in to the late lottery to get a wing or PF?

I don't know what our plan is yet. I don't think the Hawks know either yet. Medicals, combine, measurements, interviews, workouts, etc still needed. Remember, TS had Culver over Hunter and Reddish and listed him as our top prospect after the big 3. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How does he compare to Marcus Smart? 

He doesn't to me. Smart was an on ball offensive player at OK State. He had to learn to be the player he became today. Okoro is already comfortable off the ball and pretty good at it.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't to me. Smart was an on ball offensive player at OK State. He had to learn to be the player he became today. Okoro is already comfortable off the ball and pretty good at it.

I meant more the current role that Smart plays for Boston. Super Sub with great defense and some offense, but can still be a starter at some point.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I meant more the current role that Smart plays for Boston. Super Sub with great defense and some offense, but can still be a starter at some point.

You wrote a piece about Okongwu? :eyebrow: 

Let me know if you need my cliff notes 📝

1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

There are channels  on Youtube who don't think that highly of Okoro has Hawksquawk.  I have heard him being compared to Stanley Johnson and Justice Winslow.  There was one Channel that stated Issac Okoro's best potential would be Caron Butler.  Does anyone have any worries that we could be over evaluating Okoro's potential? is he a big gamble for the 6th pick?

If Okoro can have the career that Caron Butler had, you pick him ASAP at #6.  Caron started 83% of his games and was a solid starter for 10+ years.

Schlenk should take the best player available on the board, regardless of what we need.  But if Okoro is the next Caron, sign me up.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Okoro is bigger, faster and stronger than M. Smart. Okoro is a manimal.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Okoro can have the career that Caron Butler had, you pick him ASAP at #6.  Caron started 83% of his games and was a solid starter for 10+ years.

Schlenk should take the best player available on the board, regardless of what we need.  But if Okoro is the next Caron, sign me up.

Interesting fact: Wisconsin high school basketball player of the year was Caron Butler. Player number 2? Point guard Tony Romo.

• Like 3

Hard to say, Smart isn't the athlete that Okoro is much less have the first step but he's a really versatile player on both ends. Kinda hard to compare the two. No one is going to confuse Smart for being a wing. Okoro is a big wing. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

I've gotten over my funk of not being top 4. 

I'm looking at Killian Hayes and I have to remind myself, like Edwards and LaMelo, he's super young and has shown tons of improvement in the past year.  I'm moving him to number one on my list for the 6th pick. 

I remember liking Haliburton a while back too, but his frame needs a lot of work and I'm not sure how his shot will translate.  His mechanics are not ideal, but if it does translate, he'll be a great option once he puts on more weight. Killian already has a ton of size and can man the backup point guard too from day one.

Okoro would be my third.  Man, only if this guy could shoot.  He does everything else you need to win.  He does need to work on his handle a bit more, but his off ball movement is great and the defensive potential is also great.  He's third because I think a combo guard with defensive potential is a bigger need long term for the team. 

Okongwu would be my fourth.  I just like this kid's tape.  

Deni would be 5th on my list.  A point forward type could help us a ton too.  I just don't see Deni getting past Chicago or Clevelan.

So my new wish list is. 

1. Killian Hayes

2. Hailiburton

3.Okoro

4. Okongwu

5. Deni 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t like this kid. 

Why?

To me, he's very skilled and has a solid floor.  I fell off of him a bit midway through the process, but there's plenty of upside with him and a solid foundation.  He's the second or third best passer in the draft.  First belongs to Lamelo.

Edited by marco102

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why?

To me, he's very skilled and has a solid floor.  I fell off of him a bit midway through the process, but there's plenty of upside with him and a solid foundation.  He's the second or third best passer in the draft.  First belongs to Lamelo.

There’s something very Jannero Pargo about his game, it’s not bad but more for a later pick.