• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I'm starting to think we'll end up with Deni or Hayes.  If we stay at 6.  Okoro if we trade down.

That's the consensus of every eggspert I've heard.  Many love him though.  See him as a more skilled Porzingo. 🤯

But is a long term play.  Like, really long term gamble.

I think we will end up with LaMelo, Haliburton or Okoro. 

I want Toppin but I truly think he will be gone at #3.

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think we will end up with LaMelo, Haliburton or Okoro. 

I want Toppin but I truly think he will be gone at #3.

Charlotte drafted a PF last year. You think they'll do it again?

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Charlotte drafted a PF last year. You think they'll do it again?

I agree with supes (if you tell him I said so, I'll never admit it) that CHA could take toppin.

However, it's less about toppin specifically but more about CHA's apparent affinity to drafting accomplished college players.  They seem to put a lot of value on production over potential.  Toppin and Okongwu seem tailor-made for them.

43 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I am so glad I was always in favor of drafting him.

:blush:

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

... 'cause I seem to recall ... (careful, kg.  Don't need folks lookin into your receipts)

Nevermind, carry on.

🤓

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If Lamelo is there, I'd auction him off to New York or Detroit for future assets

I would too to trade Ball. As it turns out. Ball possibly being available is too good to be true.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm afraid Hayes will be the prize for DET/NYK though.  However, if either is silly enough to value Haliburton over Hayes then I'm with you.

Fleece 'em then take the better player.  In draft parlance, we call that straight Ainge'ing 'em.

Not going to lie, Hayes and Haliburton are close on my personal board.  However, Hayes' size and age put's him over the top.  He's also a bit more skilled at getting his own shot from what I've seen.  He still has a ton to work on, but at 6- 10 in the draft he's a great prospect. 

Fills a position of need and can play alongside and without Trae.

Edited by marco102

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not going to lie, Hayes and Haliburton are close on my personal board.  However, Hayes' size and age put's him over the top.  He's also a bit more skilled at getting his own shot from what I've seen.  He still has a ton to work on, but at 6- 10 in the draft he's a great prospect. 

Fills a position of need and can play alongside and without Trae.

I started off high on Haliburton too.  My issues with him are his size, the fact that he's actually not a good defender, he can't get his own shot, can't get to the rim, and may have a problem getting his shot off due to slow mechanics.  Some people don't even think he's a point guard.

.. other than that, he's great. 😄

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Both have their warts. Everyone is this class has a good number of warts. 

True.  It's a game of who's warts are fixable, which kinda gives the edge to folks with physical tools.

Plus all this extra time to over-analyze is maddening.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

True.  It's a game of who's warts are fixable, which kinda gives the edge to folks with physical tools.

I do feel out of place. I really missed summer league. Just can't get into the Bubble.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I am not sure their warts are fixable but it depends on fit and what not if you can get the most out of any prospect much less this guy.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I do feel out of place. I really missed summer league. Just can't get into the Bubble.

In some ways i like the bubble better.  it's cut down on some of the ridiculous calls because the refs aren't goaded by the crowd.   Although Lebron still gets 12 fouls a game.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hey I can't help you with that one, bud. 🤠

Agree the timing feels off.

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

In some ways i like the bubble better.  it's cut down on some of the ridiculous calls because the refs aren't goaded by the crowd.   Although Lebron still gets 12 fouls a game.  

I like games at odd times of the day.  It's been mentioned the commissioner wants some weird midseason tournament or something.  I can actually see a midseason bubble working.

I just can't figure out what the "purpose" would be in a normal year.  Like, would teams "qualify" to make the bubble.  If so, is there a bubble trophy.

• Like 3