3. Wiseman

4. Deni

5. Okoro

6. Okongwu 

7. Hayes

8. Vassell but trade up likely

9. Toppin but trade up extremely likely

10. Haliburton but trade back extremely likely

Is that Atlanta's draft board or your predicted top 10 without trades?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

On Edwards, there is no way in the world I am trading the #6 and JC or Huert, our 2021 and #6 for it.  This is not a year where the #1 pick should carry its full normal premium.  There should be a price to pay to move up but these are both overpays, imo.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Is that Atlanta's draft board or your predicted top 10 without trades?

Mock draft.

My personal board for the Hawks is

1. Toppin

2. Deni

3. Okongwu 

4. Patrick Williams 

5. Naismith 

6. Devin Vassell

7. Haliburton 

8. Hayes

9. Achuiwa

10. S. Bey

Ball, Edwards and Wiseman have been removed

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Mock draft.

My board for the Hawks is

Sorry to keep looking to clarify - but that is Supes' board if he was drafting for the Hawks and not the board that Supes thinks the Hawks are actually using, right?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

On Edwards, there is no way in the world I am trading the #6 and JC or Huert, our 2021 and #6 for it.  This is not a year where the #1 pick should carry its full normal premium.  There should be a price to pay to move up but these are both overpays, imo.  

I wouldn't trade the #6 pick alone for the dude! The guy will be a huge bust!

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sorry to keep looking to clarify - but that is Supes' board if he was drafting for the Hawks and not the board that Supes thinks the Hawks are actually using, right?

My personal board. The mock is based off of what I am hearing. Not my board or Toppin wouldn't be at 9

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

My personal board. The mock is based off of what I am hearing. Not my board or Toppin wouldn't be at 9

For that one I knew it wasn't a Supes board with Toppin that low!  Just wasn't sure if that was what you were hearing was Atlanta's board or a mock.  

From a mock standpoint, if you had Toppin, Hayes and Haliburton still available then trading down a few spots becomes much more attractive to me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I wouldn't trade the #6 pick alone for the dude! The guy will be a huge bust!

I am not a fan of Edwards for the Hawks, mostly because I believe Cam is a better player today and he would be about equal to Huerter right now. How do you take Huerter's 3 point shooting and ball handling off the floor right now to develop a rookie? How do you take Cam's defense, length and athleticism off the floor right now for a smaller player? There are no minutes to develop Edwards right now. I'm not sure I'd turn him away at 6 but I'm certainly not trading up for him. The only player worth trading up for in this draft is Wiseman. There are good players to be had in this draft but none save maybe Wiseman is worth trading up for (for the Hawks). 

Just now, AHF said:

For that one I knew it wasn't a Supes board with Toppin that low!  Just wasn't sure if that was what you were hearing was Atlanta's board or a mock.  

From a mock standpoint, if you had Toppin, Hayes and Haliburton still available then trading down a few spots becomes much more attractive to me.

At least 2 of those are going to be available at 6.

Deni has rocketed up the board and might go as high as 4. Call it "the Luka effect".

If Wiseman, Edwards and Ball go 1,2,3 (in any order), and Deni goes 4 or 5 then logically you will have at least 2 of your picks available at 6, maybe at 8.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 3

• Moderators

I signed off too early yesterday.  First, I wouldn't give up any of our core players in order to get Edwards but if all we give up is a future first and a swap then why the heck not.   Second, I don't necessarily think Edwards is going to break out.   I really don't know.  He could be a bust but half you guys around here are pining for MPJ and Bol2 and they......well i'll save it.  

I don't believe for a second that GS really wants Edwards or really wants the pick.  They are just trying to drive up the price.   And why are we worried about there not being room for Edwards if you think he's going to be a bust anyway?   

And to answer a question way back, hopefully we get something better than Prince or Bembry at 6 but next year's pick is probably in that talent pool.  So do we really need it?  

• Like 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, thecampster said:

At least 2 of those are going to be available at 6.

Right but I'm talking about trading down.  Lots of discussion around that lately and my view has been that it depends what is on board whether I'm willing to trade down.  If we think Toppin will be there at 9, then I'm excited to trade down to 7, 8 or 9 to get an extra asset.  If Toppin is the last guy I'm excited to get and I think he'll be gone before 10 then I don't want to trade down to 10.

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

He could be a bust but half you guys around here are pining for Bol2 and they......well i'll save it.  

Bear in mind that we sold the pick used to draft him.  This isn't a situation where people are saying they wish we would have traded up.  They are saying they wish we would have taken him over the cash.  In the playoffs, he has 13 points, 3 rebounds and a block in 12 minutes and change.  He has shown enough promise that I'd rather have the cash and the low cost lottery ticket.  

(MPJ is more complicated as he wasn't a natural opportunity for us and would have required trading up into the late lottery.)

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I hope this thread doesn't turn into trade a bunch of 1st round picks plus Huerter or Hunter for Edwards. 

Oh it will, we have 52 days to go, noe maybe more since it looks like the draft will be pushed back from Oct 16.

12 hours ago, Sothron said:

I would give up #6, Velvet since they need a shooter and a top five protected 2021 first rounder. Minn already has Dlo, Beasley and KAT. The top 3 players are just repeats of what they already have. 

Honestly as long as we don't draft Ball I can live with anything. Stay far away from that family.

That's too much in this draft.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Bear in mind that we sold the pick used to draft him.  This isn't a situation where people are saying they wish we would have traded up.  They are saying they wish we would have taken him over the cash.  In the playoffs, he has 13 points, 3 rebounds and a block in 12 minutes and change.  He has shown enough promise that I'd rather have the cash and the low cost lottery ticket.  

I get that.  All i'm saying it's we're wringing hands over that missed opportunity and people are scared to make a bold move to get high upside in Edwards because they'd rather hang on to a mid first in a future draft. 

But honestly i was half joking about moving up for Edwards.  I'd love to have him because it's fun but ultimately i think TS will have something up his sleeve for draft night.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I get that.  All i'm saying it's we're wringing hands over that missed opportunity and people are scared to make a bold move to get high upside in Edwards because they'd rather hang on to a mid first in a future draft. 

But honestly i was half joking about moving up for Edwards.  I'd love to have him because it's fun but ultimately i think TS will have something up his sleeve for draft night.

If Travis truly believes a particular pick is going to be a star then trading our #6 and a future protected pick is good with me.  Including Huerter or JC tilts it too far for my liking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Deni has rocketed up the board and might go as high as 4. Call it "the Luka effect".

If Wiseman, Edwards and Ball go 1,2,3 (in any order), and Deni goes 4 or 5 then logically you will have at least 2 of your picks available at 6, maybe at 8.

I've warmed up to Deni a lot. Would love to see him in a Hawks uni.

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, AHF said:

If Travis truly believes a particular pick is going to be a star then trading our #6 and a future protected pick is good with me. 

Why do you believe in this guy so strongly?  You would think that we just came off of a championship run with the amount of support Travis receives around here.  His teams have been garbage!  Save the praise for GM's who deserve it!

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do you believe in this guy so strongly?  You would think that we just came off of a championship run with the amount of support Travis receives around here.  His teams have been garbage!  Save the praise for GM's who deserve it!

Sigh. Not this again.

Travis has done exactly what his immediate charge was. Get to the lottery and get the foundation and building block pieces to start a rebuild. Done!

Now comes the next phase...building towards winning and 1.getting in the playoffs and 2. Compete for a championship. 

And I'm tired of hearing this team did this and that....we're not them. There is no magic wand, there is no one size fits all approach that works for all teams.

If you want to talk wins/losses - this ain that the last 2 years.

He'll have a chance to prove his overall philosophy this upcoming season.

• Like 2