Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

If you are talking about Trae Young or Acie Law II as you yourself has put it, Trae is barely an allstar in the coach's eyes and was pulled in the 4th quarter of the game in an attempt by the east to win.  Hardly Superstar treatment.  Does he have potential and skill? yes.  Is he a Superstar?  H-ll no!

Dude. If Trae Young isn't a superstar with 30/9 as a point guard in his second season then the term superstar means nothing. I said I was wrong about Young about half way through December of his rookie season. That kid is a superstar.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Dude. If Trae Young isn't a superstar with 30/9 as a point guard in his second season then the term superstar means nothing. I said I was wrong about Young about half way through December of his rookie season. That kid is a superstar.

Sorry...Even most coaches would disagree

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah, I posted it here not long ago but can't find it.  I'll try to re-create ...

Tier 1: Ball

Tier 2: Hayes, Avdija, Okongwu, Wiseman, Okoro

Tier 3: Haliburton, Toppin, Edwards, Vassell, Maxey, Williams

You have to be joking. We've seen what the Balls are in the NBA: a joke. All hype, no substance. And, you know, the most annoying AF basketball diva dad Satan ever spawned.

As long as we don't draft Ball I'm happy.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The true unicorn, a man who admits he was wrong on the internet.

I always own my mistakes when I can. Nothing makes you look like a fool more frankly than being one of those refuse to admit mistakes  type of people either in real life or the internet.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That kid is a superstar.

In fact his own coach wouldn't even say that he deserved an invitation to try out for the Olympic team.  Most super stars also would be at least 3rd team all NBA!  Trae didn't even get considered!

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sorry...Even most coaches would disagree

Really? I'd love to see some proof of this. I have literally heard nothing but glowing praise from Young from coaches and execs around the league. Even the ESPN "experts" that hate all things Atlanta love Young's game and swag.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion but unless this is one of those "only a superstar is the best player in the game" type of situations then I'm confused. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

In fact his own coach wouldn't even say that he deserved an invitation to try out for the Olympic team.  Most super star also would be at least 3rd team all NBA!  Trae didn't even get considered!

That was LP being a d*ck. And frankly LP hasn't impressed me one iota as a coach so far. You do realize PG is the most stacked position in the NBA? What player no matter how good they are is going to be named All NBA on a losing team?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Really? I'd love to see some proof of this. I have literally heard nothing but glowing praise from Young from coaches and execs around the league. Even the ESPN "experts" that hate all things Atlanta love Young's game and swag.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion but unless this is one of those "only a superstar is the best player in the game" type of situations then I'm confused. 

He didn't even get invited to "tryout" for the Olympic team...Has that ever happened to a superstar?

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You have to be joking. We've seen what the Balls are in the NBA: a joke. All hype, no substance. And, you know, the most annoying AF basketball diva dad Satan ever spawned.

As long as we don't draft Ball I'm happy.

No they're not.  Has nothing to do with the dad, which appears to be clouding your assessment.  The dad hasn't been in the media for a year and has clearly stepped out of the limelight.

This is about Lamelo Ball, not Lavar.  The only player with an elite skillset in this draft is Lamelo Ball as a playmaker.  That's why he's in everybody's top tier.

Aye @NBASupes, come at me bro.  But understand, my tiers are based more on 'likely outcome' than potential.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He didn't even get invited to "tryout" for the Olympic team...Has that ever happened to a superstar?

When your own coach grinds personal grudges against you, then yes, it did happen at least once so far. Hell one of the greatest players of all time in Thomas didn't get on the Dream Team either. I guess he wasn't a superstar?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

No they're not.  Has nothing to do with the dad, which appears to be clouding your assessment.  The dad hasn't been in the media for a year and has clearly stepped out of the limelight.

This is about Lamelo Ball, not Lavar.  The only player with an elite skillset in this draft is Lamelo Ball as a playmaker.  That's why he's in everybody's top tier.

Aye @NBASupes, come at me bro.  But understand, my tiers are based more on 'likely outcome' than potential.

I've watched him. He's a lesser version of his brother. Yes, he can pass the ball. That's the only positive he has. 

I mean we're not going to draft him so I'm not really sweating it for the Hawks. I am terrified the Wolves get him and it is lesser Rubio 2.0 time in Minnesota.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

When your own coach grinds personal grudges against you, then yes, it did happen at least once so far. Hell one of the greatest players of all time in Thomas didn't get on the Dream Team either. I guess he wasn't a superstar?

Same circumstance!  Yeah right LOL!

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I've watched him. He's a lesser version of his brother. Yes, he can pass the ball. That's the only positive he has. 

I mean we're not going to draft him so I'm not really sweating it for the Hawks. I am terrified the Wolves get him and it is lesser Rubio 2.0 time in Minnesota.

He'd make the Twolves instantly better.  He's not a perfect prospect though.  Him being in the top tier is more a testament to how bad this draft is.