• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6?

NBASupes

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I always own my mistakes when I can. Nothing makes you look like a fool more frankly than being one of those refuse to admit mistakes  type of people either in real life or the internet.

I thought I was wrong once......but I was mistaken.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Anthony Davis made several All NBA team on a sorry Pelican team.  So did Kevin Love with Minnesota

So the two best young big men in the game make it when they have no competition. You proved my point. Young has to compete against established superstars on winning teams. Not even close to the same thing.

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I guess you think Kyle Lowry is a super star because he made it

has he ever put up 30/9 in a season? Even once? Even come close to that?

You keep making my case for me. Please continue. 

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Have the 2019-20 All-NBA teams even been announced?  Did I miss them?

I didn't they have yet. Could be wrong though.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

So the two best young big men in the game make it when they have no competition. You proved my point. Young has to compete against established superstars on winning teams. Not even close to the same thing.

Please don't mention Kevin Love and best in the same sentence!

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Have the 2019-20 All-NBA teams even been announced?  Did I miss them?

Isn't it always funny to watch someone else go into the spin cycle with peo?  Now you see how we feel when you're caught in the whirlwind, huh? 😄

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Please don't mention Kevin Love and best in the same sentence!

Love was the best big man in the game he when was in Minnesota and healthy. The Lebron effect killed his numbers and then injuries have piled up on him. Feel sorry for the guy tbh.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Isn't it always funny to watch someone else go into the spin cycle with peo?  Now you see how we feel when you're caught in the whirlwind, huh? 😄

He keeps proving my points for me. He is the best assist on the Squawk. Gotta love someone that unselfish.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Based on the information I have without trades which will likely happen:

1. Ball

2. Ant

3. Wiseman

4. Deni

5. Okoro

6. Okongwu 

7. Hayes

8. Vassell but trade up likely

9. Toppin but trade up extremely likely

10. Haliburton but trade back extremely likely

So its Deni, Hayes, Okungwu, or Okoro...Nice...

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Mock draft.

My personal board for the Hawks is

1. Toppin

2. Deni

3. Okongwu 

4. Patrick Williams 

5. Naismith 

6. Devin Vassell

7. Haliburton 

8. Hayes

9. Achuiwa

10. S. Bey

Ball, Edwards and Wiseman have been removed

I know you love Toppin, but You hated Deni when I used to bring him up ...What changed?

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I've already shared my views on why second picks are gambles and should not be the standard for judging someone's drafting acumen.  So here are my grades for what he has done with our first round picks:

#19 - Grade:  A+ John Collins - Best possible pick.  Potential All-Star.

#3 - Grade:  A+ Trae Young & Cam Reddish - All-NBA level from Young.  Only potential argument is Luka and both are home runs.  Cam - High potential who has already shown substantial development.  All-Star potential with almost certain two-way impact starter outcome.

#19 - Grade: A  Kevin Huerter - Lower ceiling on Huerter than the aforementioned picks which is a backhanded compliment to those picks.  Huerter looks like he will be either a limited starter or plus reserve providing primarily floor stretching shooting along with the ability to drive and pass.

#8, 17 - Grade: B- DeAndre Hunter - Both picks (along with a 2nd who became Marcos Louzada Silva) were converted into this trade up.  This is the first selection he has made where I think you could go back and make a good case for a better outcome with 20/20 hindsight, particularly if you slot Brandon Clarke in at #17.  That said, Hunter still looks like a potential versatile and plus defender who can contribute on the offensive end of the floor which is a very valuable piece for team building.  Hunter will surely continue to develop and there is enough upside here that I don't waste a lot of time wondering what could have been.  Hunter was always projected to take a year or so to adjust to playing the wing after working as a college PF.  His completion of that development will be key to a final grade for him and if he does it then he could still end up being more important than anything we would have gotten keeping the picks.  (I use "would" here since I tend to think that if you cherrypick a few years from now with 20/20 hindsight you'll be able to put together a better pair of selections than what we get from Hunter alone.)

I call that a stellar drafting record with our picks so if TS believes strongly in a player then I'm good with that.  If I was the owner, I'd hire my GM to make these calls and give them the authority to execute on their vision until I decide to fire them.  The strongest element of TS's resume  to date is his drafting ability.  

Brandon Clarke is good but I dont see any upside there. Hes a backup PF longterm.. Nothing more. And when his athleticism slows down, what is he then? He has no length..or ball skills.. Meanwhile. Hunter has plenty of upside as a 2-way wing imo..High end starter material. Ill make that trade all over again. Just sayin...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

We all hope Reddish is better than what he has shown thus far but I don't see the upside yet.  Love John and his mentality.  Like Trae and his work ethic but there are obvious flaws in his game that he refuses to address.  I'll give Doncic credit for 1 thing, He plays winning basketball while Trae does not.  Doncic looks like a seasoned vet out there while Trae looks like he is trying to make the highlight play for ESPN.  The jury is still out on Huerter.  He is so 1 dimensional and hasn't improved.  I like Hunter because he is a smart player but he has to learn how to finish around the basket and play better defense something that I know that he is capable of. 

Having better teammates, playing pro ball since he was 15 , and having a vet Championship HC have anything to do with it?  Come on man...I want you to keep that same energy when we start winning games...

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He has an F with Spellman and we haven't talked about his 2nd round picks, undrafted free agent signings and trades.

He hasnt signed any FA with the intent of winning games yet..This is the year..