• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who do you want at #6 (Supes piggyback 🧵)

Spud2nique

Who do you want at #6  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want at #6

• Obi Toppin
    • Onyeka Okongwu
    • Tyrese Haliburton
    • Deni Avdija
    • Isaac Okoro
    • Killian Hayes
    • Devin Vassell
    • Aaron Nesmith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/17/2020 at 01:58 AM

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Which prospect if we stay at 6?

@NBASupes thread continued.

https://thebasketballnetwork.com/tyrese-haliburton-killian-hayes-whos-better/

This author picks Halliburton... I think he could help a lot, seems like the guy who can take pressure off Trae. I wouldn't be mad at selecting a wing player like Okoro or Hayes alternatively

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Spud2nique has beaten Okongwu into my head. I think he'd be a great backup for Clint and JC. I'm not sold on Bruno, and think he and/or Dedmond could be flipped in the next year. 

If he's not available, Okoro or Obi, depending on who's there and if TS wants offense or defense more.

You can't see it, but I'm making my "O face" right now. 

• Haha 2

• Moderators

Among these players I'd tier them like this today:

Tier 1 - If TS believes in these guys I'm on board without reservation.  I'm pumped about the pick and can't wait to see him hit the floor.

Obi Toppin
Onyeka Okongwu
Deni Avdija

Tier 2 - High confidence we just got a contributor but a bit disappointed we didn't get a high upside guy.  I'm not a scout so hopefully I've missed it and the high potential is there but I just haven't been smart enough to see it.  My expectation is he immediately makes us better and can contribute for years to come.

Tyrese Haliburton

Tier 3 - I'm terrified.  There is hope because his defense and tools are really enticing but that shot is soooo bad that I'm worried he will be someone we don't want back after his rookie contract.

Isaac Okoro

Tier 4 - We went through last season for this?  Eh, I guess he has some tools that could lead to him developing into a versatile and enticing player.

Killian Hayes

Tier 5 - F*** me.

Devin Vassell
Aaron Nesmith

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Among these players I'd tier them like this today:

Tier 1 - If TS believes in these guys I'm on board without reservation.  I'm pumped about the pick and can't wait to see him hit the floor.

Obi Toppin
Onyeka Okongwu
Deni Avdija

Tier 2 - High confidence we just got a contributor but a bit disappointed we didn't get a high upside guy.  I'm not a scout so hopefully I've missed it and the high potential is there but I just haven't been smart enough to see it.  My expectation is he immediately makes us better and can contribute for years to come.

Tyrese Haliburton

Tier 3 - I'm terrified.  There is hope because his defense and tools are really enticing but that shot is soooo bad that I'm worried he will be someone we don't want back after his rookie contract.

Isaac Okoro

Tier 4 - We went through last season for this?  Eh, I guess he has some tools that could lead to him developing into a versatile and enticing player.

Killian Hayes

Tier 5 - F*** me.

Devin Vassell
Aaron Nesmith

👍

I like both Vassell and Nesmith, but not at 6. I'd be ok if we traded back and grabbed one of them. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

👍

I like both Vassell and Nesmith, but not at 6. I'd be ok if we traded back and grabbed one of them. 

If we buy a pick later in the draft then grabbing one of them is very different but I'm hella pissed if we end up with Vassell or something at #6.  Only light in the tunnel is that Travis must see something I don't if he pulls that trigger.

• Like 2

My initial thoughts are "we tanked the season for this?" And yes, I 100% believe that TS tanked after his FA signings last year. BUT, with that said, Haliburton would be my choice.

With Trae on the court, we're close to the best offensive team in the league. With him off the court...yikes. So finding a good backup PG would be my #1 priority this off-season. And where we ended up in the lottery, I think you get more value selecting Haliburton than Okoro or Okongwu based on immediate impact and position of need. I do also like Avdija and Toppin, but I think the backup point is the bigger need and more value pick in our position. 

NBA draft net on Haliburton: "A versatile player who has experience playing in different roles on the perimeter, contributes in just about every aspect of the game … Ultra efficient, especially for a player with his usage rate (22.4%), Haliburton has never shot less than 50% from the field and 40% from 3 in either of his 1st 2 seasons of college basketball … Also takes pretty good care of the ball, averaging around a 3.5:1 assist-to-turnover ratio for his career … Active feet and hands as a defender, competes and is adept at jumping in the passing lanes (2.4 spg) … Rebounds as well as you’d expect for a taller PG (6 rpg as a Soph)"

He sounds like a good fit to back up Trae and it also sounds like he could play with Trae rather well, and has the size at 6-5 to do so. But I admittedly have not watched much, if any, tape on Haliburton. So if anyone disagrees, please sound off! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

If we buy a pick later in the draft then grabbing one of them is very different but I'm hella pissed if we end up with Vassell or something at #6.  Only light in the tunnel is that Travis must see something I don't if he pulls that trigger.

I can see Nesmith following the career trajectory of DJ Wilson (who? exactly).

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

shooting issues

Can’t fix this on some guys. Not saying Okoro is one but look at Ben Simmons. Even Giannis, shot is funky.

Just now, AHF said:

I do not want a new and improved Bembry with a top 6 pick.

🤣 🤣 🤣 what if he came with 3 wishes? 

• Premium Member

I won't be upset with practically any of the options likely available at #6 because so many scream "role player."  With that said, if you're looking at ways to differentiate them, I'd argue there are two skills that a prospect needs to have shown evidence of:

1. Off-ball shooting (perimeter)

2. Defensive versatility

• Like 4