• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dewayne Dedmon traded to Detroit for Snell and Thomas

JayBirdHawk

• JayBirdHawk changed the title to Dewayne Dedmon traded to Detroit for Snell and Thomas
Tony Snell is on an expiring $12.2M contract for 2020-21. Khyri Thomas has $744K protection (of $1.7M) with the balance guaranteed on Nov. 22. Dewayne Dedmon has $13.3M and $13.3M left on his contract. The second year is non-guaranteed with a 7/1/21 trigger date.

lC3YnIYF_bigger.jpg

Detroit is trading Khyri Thomas and Tony Snell to Atlanta for Dewayne Dedmon, sources tell ESPN.

• Premium Member
Just now, ShooterSays said:

Let's be real...Dedmon was on the way out as soon as Okongwu's name was called. I just question whether we could have gotten more for him, but if the market wasn't there, it wasn't there. Both only have 1 year left on their deals so that's a positive. Outside of that, meh?

Sac paid us 2 2nds to take him, what did you think his value would be. His value to the Hawks was in the locker room and being better than Len and Jones.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
Just now, ShooterSays said:

I thought we were getting Gordon Heyward and 14 for him lol

The Dedmon was just filler and to clear some capspace so we didn't use all our cap on Hayward. Tempered expectations works best in these time 😁

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This is just a start.   As others have said Snell is better than Bembry.  We're upgrading the whole bench not just 7 and 8.   With Covid and compressed schedule we need NBA players.   

Eggsactly.  Since the plan should be to hit the ground running fast while all the bubble teams ease into the season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Snell might have the slowest release on his 3 ball that we've seen in Atlanta since Chillz was throwing them up.  On the plus side, he has been a modest volume 40% guy from long range for the last four years.  Not anything special but should be an improvement over Bembry's anti-spacing and Crabbe's anti-everything.

If nothing else...upgrade the bench from last year.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I can’t complain about it considering how the draft played out. I don’t know much about Snell, especially his defense. I looked at his game log from last season to get a feel on him and noticed he averaged about 4 assists per game in the last couple of months. There were some 6 and 7 assist games in there too. 

I doubt he is much of a ball handler, but that might be something our scouting team saw. We always wanted a little more play making out of Bembry (and really anyone outside of Trae and Huerter) maybe we can get it from him with good 3 point shooting.

Just now, h4wkfan said:

I like the move. Including Khyrie Thomas is interesting. I liked him coming out of college, and he was the first person I thought of when we picked Skylar. 

good depth move. 

Thomas and May as our 5th and 6th wing ain't that bad